I ain't giving up on Trey Lance

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I stopped reading after the 4 year excuse mantra from the dislikers. How can he get more playing time with Dak in front of him for the regular season.
Unless Dak gets injured or he just stinks it up, which he won't (until the playoffs).
how can he suck so bad after 4 years, lacking fundamentals. after 4 years of being coached in NFL. after 4 off seasons having had time to better his craft. after 4 years of watching film with greatest players/coaches in the football world.

he played great against bunch of scrubs. because he is athletic and those scrubs, who are now applying for jobs in 7-11 would be overwhelmed by his atheleticism. just like he did in Div III. against real NFL players, even back up and 2nd strings, he has been nothing but average or below.

kskboys

Reaction score
McDonald's vs. Starbucks :muttley:

For which they both get their coffee beans from the same place. From what I read one time long ago.
ummmmmmmm, no. As a serious coffee drinker, I can assure you that McD's coffee tastes like butt, and Starbucks coffee tastes like heaven.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, he is not going to be "ever" a pocket quarterback.

He's got to be in a system that fits him and I think he'll be fine. I wish they would have used it in the preseason.
If they put them into a similar system than 2016, it would help him, help the young offensive line, and help our running game.
He does throw well on the move.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
how can he suck so bad after 4 years, lacking fundamentals. after 4 years of being coached in NFL. after 4 off seasons having had time to better his craft. after 4 years of watching film with greatest players/coaches in the football world.

he played great against bunch of scrubs. because he is athletic and those scrubs, who are now applying for jobs in 7-11 would be overwhelmed by his atheleticism. just like he did in Div III. against real NFL players, even back up and 2nd strings, he has been nothing but average or below.
4 year whine mantra. Which has not been a true 4 years.
I stopped reading.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Evidently, if added experience is still needed with Lance, he's likely to get it in the future. He'll either perform or be shown the door! :omg: :flagwave:

Last edited:

johneric8

Reaction score
And to play well you need talent. And to acquire talent you need resources. And if you give Dak a huge pile of the available resources, you won't be able to acquire the talent you need to play well. Huge circle.
If you want my truth, I honestly wouldn't sign Dak and throw Lance to the wolves if things go south this season. Obviously if Dak does well and team exceeds expectations then we have another unfolding story.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Good thing you haven't given up, because Jerry will keep him here for years. When it becomes clear even to Jerry that he stinks, he will suddenly have a great "football mind", and become our OC.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Lance isn’t leaving.
Honestly I think it just depends on the Dak situation. Personally I don't see Dak as a Cowboy in 2025, but if he does come back I don't see Lance wanting to stay nor do I see the Cowboys having much of a budget for a backup QB.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Honestly I think it just depends on the Dak situation. Personally I don't see Dak as a Cowboy in 2025, but if he does come back I don't see Lance wanting to stay nor do I see the Cowboys having much of a budget for a backup QB.
Lance will be in the 3-4 years, $30mil range.

Dak is Mega Millions.

Rush is UFA too.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
4 year whine mantra. Which has not been a true 4 years.
I stopped reading.
it has not been true 4 years. what is a true 4 years? did Love have true 4 years? did half of these other QBs that got drafted and sat behind starting QBs? did Rush have it

geez people. stop it with the stupid excuses

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m still holding out hope that this guy is the future of Dallas. Sure, he didn’t play great in the preseason but that doesn’t mean much to me and he still feels like such an enigma. What I’d do is keep him as our backup and see if Dak can handle the pressure!! Keeping Lance on the sidelines doesn’t just make him better. It makes Dak be forced to play better. All I ask is don’t give up on Lance. Dak has gotten how much seasons and excuses? Don’t toss Lance away just yet!!
If Dak does not get injured, Lance is not going to play. If Dak gets injured, Rush will take over short term. This season will come to an end, Dak is going to have a new deal, Lance will no longer be under contract and will be a free agent to do as he pleases.

When will Dallas get to see if Lance has any future? Would dallas pay him anymore than what Rush is making? Rush has proven he is an adequate backup, which is really all you ever want, because most teams are never winning in playoffs with a backup. Would Lance want to take 3 million per season and sign a 2 year deal to stay in Dallas for 6 million?

I just dont see how he will ever get a chance to show what he can do. What he has shown in the 3 preseason games is he is not even close to being ready to start.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
The draft pick and money have already been spent, so it would be silly to "give up" on Lance at this point- although I have no idea what their plan is, given that he's a free agent after this season.

Sure, he probably won't develop into a franchise QB, but draft picks are risky too. Despite his obvious flaws, he clearly has some traits- things you can't coach. If he was a rookie on a cheap multi-year rookie deal I would feel a lot differently about him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it has not been true 4 years. what is a true 4 years? did Love have true 4 years? did half of these other QBs that got drafted and sat behind starting QBs? did Rush have it

geez people. stop it with the stupid excuses
Yes the haters need to do the same, stop with the stupid reasons.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

He played Div. I FCS, not Div. III. Nonetheless, he did not face future NFL players. Unusual, though, he’s one of three North Dakota State quarterbacks on NFL rosters today. One is a QB2, two are QB3’s. NDSU plays tonight. Their QB is expected to be a Day 3 pick in 2025. He’s another runner, too.