I am boycotting NFL for three games this season

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am boycotting NFL for three games this season. I let the NFL office know as well and I encourage others to do the same...let your $s speak. Zeke gets a 6 game suspension, in a case that was thrown out of court, police closed the case, she retracted her story and NFLs own investigator said, they shouldnt' suspend.

then Winston does the same, lies, then admits to it, and gets a 3 game suspension, although NFLs own POLICY says, minimum 6 games.

what gives? of course we know that was Goodell getting even with Jerry for challenging him.....

so for three weekends, they don't get me to watch their commercials...

so NFL will probably say, ***.... so I wrote their advertisers as well. Budweiser, etc.

will it amount to anything? maybe, maybe not...but NFL depends on me the fan, and when me the fan is unhappy, NFL will know....they are not the king of the hill, they exists, because I exist.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am boycotting NFL for three games this season. I let the NFL office know as well and I encourage others to do the same...let your $s speak. Zeke gets a 6 game suspension, in a case that was thrown out of court, police closed the case, she retracted her story and NFLs own investigator said, they shouldnt' suspend.

then Winston does the same, lies, then admits to it, and gets a 3 game suspension, although NFLs own POLICY says, minimum 6 games.

what gives? of course we know that was Goodell getting even with Jerry for challenging him.....

so NFL will probably say, ***.... so I wrote their advertisers as well. Budweiser, etc.

will it amount to anything? maybe, maybe not...but NFL depends on me the fan, and when me the fan is unhappy, NFL will know....they are not the king of the hill, they exists, because I exist.

Zeke's case was not thrown out of court. It never went to court. In any case, the NFL isn't going to lose any notable money by a few fans boycotting the first three games, and that's especially true if those fans are only TV viewers.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
A real boycott would be refusing to purchase any NFL garb or any products that sponsor the NFL.

A real boycott would mean refusing to watch any NFL games in order to further plummet ratings.

But even these steps would be too little to make a change. Too many NFL sheeple out there make your individual voice irrelevant.

The NFL will die a slow, natural death. I can’t imagine the NFL existing in its current state by 2050. It may succumb to public indifference and damaging legal battles far sooner than that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Although I'm serious about my team, this is still just a game/entertainment. I can't get behind boycotting something that should not be taken as seriously as we sometimes take it. I just want to enjoy the games. When I cease to enjoy them, then I'll stop watching.

Now, taking Zeke away for six games affected my enjoyment level because I want my team to win every game. I don't believe it was a fair punishment (or that there should have been any punishment at all), but it's not like I own the team or run the league and have the authority to make those decisions. If I did, there are a whole lot of things I would do differently. However, I'm not going to protest each of those things or let them ruin my entertainment. If we do, we probably need to take a closer look at what's really important in our lives.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A boycott starts by disavowing EVERYTHING associated with what an individual does not support, continues by organizing like-minded individuals in adopting the same stance and ends when the object of dissatisfaction has acknowledged the discontent and/or acts to amend the mutual relationship. Anything less is, well, not a boycott. 'Period of anger'? Yes. Boycott? No.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A real boycott would be refusing to purchase any NFL garb or any products that sponsor the NFL.

A real boycott would mean refusing to watch any NFL games in order to further plummet ratings.

But even these steps would be too little to make a change. Too many NFL sheeple out there make your individual voice irrelevant.

The NFL will die a slow, natural death. I can’t imagine the NFL existing in its current state by 2050. It may succumb to public indifference and damaging legal battles far sooner than that.

The "sheeple" comment is BS. As much as I love the Cowboys (and have for almost 50 years), football is entertainment. It's not my life, liberty, family, friends or occupation. It's a weekend release, and I have enough worries and responsibilities without elevating NFL football to that level.

Last edited:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
So, you were living in the mountains w/ no access to the outside world when the owners EXTENDED HIS CONTRACT?
Yes sir. Off the grid. Each time the tax man locates me, the guy mysteriously is never heard from again.

I wonder when God-ell is coming to visit? :laugh:

You know I am kidding right?

Sydla

Reaction score

Not to quibble but what Winston did is not really what Elliott was accused of.

Elliott fell under the domestic violence policy - 6 games. I am not sure what Winston did falls under "DV".

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The "sheeple" comment is BS. As much as I love the Cowboys and (have for almost 50 years), football is entertainment. It's not my life, liberty, family, friends or occupation. It's a weekend release, and I have enough worries and responsibilities without elevating NFL football to that level.
Great point. Something we have no effect on should effect us. I get amped during games but wins don't make my day and loses don't ruin them. All the other NFL stuff is pure entertainment.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not to quibble but what Winston did is not really what Elliott was accused of.

Elliott fell under the domestic violence policy - 6 games. I am not sure what Winston did falls under "DV".

True.

I didn't know he admitted to it either. Is that accurate?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great point. Something we have no effect on should effect us. I get amped during games but wins don't make my day and loses don't ruin them. All the other NFL stuff is pure entertainment.

There was a point in my life where a Cowboy loss would ruin my day, but even then I understood it couldn't be a priority over more critical aspects of my life.