I am convinced WE OVERRATE the talent on defnse

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Nexx;2296284 said:
the SCHEME still doesnt fit our personal, we have bump and run man corners trying to learn a zone scheme. we have a 30 year old corner who has lost a step that he couldnt afford to lose and is covering a quick and speedy santana moss half the game and giving him 12 yard cushion. we have other than ratliff and bunch of pansies who are SOFT on the dline. we have probably two of the least athletic outside linebackers in the NFL, god i was so envious watching the bears linebackers SWARM to the football and make soild tackles without running back gaining additional 3 yards after being wrapped up. our defense is SOFT and it reflects our SOFT headcoach.

SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

with that being said, there is nothing that cant be fixed. we have the players, its up to the coaches to put them in the right position to suceed. its up to the coaches to help change the attitude of the defense. its up the players to take it personally and heart and play like they can.

honestly if it were up to me... i would have Ware and Ellis outside and Canty and Ratliff in the 4-3. Burnett, Zach and Barbie at linebackers.

lost a step I hope you're not talking about newman.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Clove;2296012 said:
I've been preaching this for 4 years now, but the saint's aren't listening. The 3-4 has not given us the dominance we've been searching for, so what next?

4-6 ???

Nexx

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2296313 said:
lost a step I hope you're not talking about newman.

nope, Henry who was covering Moss a lot in the first half.

Nexx

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2296330 said:
ok thats more reasonable than the newman bashing thats been going on.

im not worried about newman, just a bad game from being a bit rusty. he didnt cost us the game. campbell should have been sacked on one of the deep throws but maybe he is the second coming of jim brown like they said mcnabb was. :rolleyes:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score

Newman got beat for 2 td's and one long pass to Moss. He bit on a double move on the long one.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Newman deserves some criticism.

Even he has criticised himself.

But there are people who are completely dismissing everything he has done in his entire career because of 1 game.

Blows my mind.