I am shocked by the negativity

JJHLH1

Reaction score
They hardly were dominated today. 10-point loss on the road with a depleted team against almost fully-healthy defending AFC Champs.

We were completely dominated by KC.

We lost all 3 phases and were handily outcoached.

The only reason we lost by 10 instead of 20+ is that Mahomes also played poorly, although not as bad as Dak.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

The only reason we lost by 10 instead of 20+ is that Mahomes also played poorly, although not as bad as Dak.

Give our defense some credit. Mahomes played poorly. Or our defense ramped up their game?

I was proud of them boys. It's been since the Zimm years for me to recall a game where the defense could look at the offense and say, "What the %#*$# is your problem?"

johneric8

Reaction score
Folks I am as harsh a fan on this forum as any. I have gotten a lot of hate for it over the years.

I am feeling pretty good about the season right now. 7-3. Parsons is a beast. Dak is playing great. Diggs is a beast. CeeDee looks great. Zeke has had a nice recovery. No more Jaylon. We own the division. What did you all expect? KC without 2 of your top pass rushers. No Cooper. No Smith. It was a tough ask. Defense definitely tightened up. That’s encouraging. Real encouraging. Who here wouldn’t have signed up for 7-3 in July? I don’t understand why people are so negative. The situation is much better than we thought it would be. Defensive help is on the way and we get Smith and Cooper back. This team will find that other gear.

Great post man, if anyone is being objective it's easy to see that without both starting wide receivers, a disjointed online without Tyron, and a horrible job by kellen moore it's easy to see how a loss in KC was coming. I'm a huge Dak fan, and I have issues saying that he wasn't good, but on the flipside I also don't think any Qb would be good dealing with defenders on them from jump street. This is where I think Kellen Moore sucked and didn't help our team.... Obviously the defense balled out even missing our two starting pass rushers..

My take on all of this is Big Mike is doing his best to get us ready for the stretch run, this is his mentality... He is doing his best to get our guys healthy so we can be close to full strength when it matters most... This is good coaching in my eyes... The loss sucked, but if you look at our situation with injuries it makes total sense.

johneric8

Reaction score

Oh so let me get this straight, The defense had nothing to do with Mahomes playing poorly? Nut rolling craziness...
You're right though about he coaching, moore was terrible and did not adjust..

Aven8

Reaction score
Bro, people just DONT get how banged up this team is.

Tyron and Cooper to return soon. Both pro bowlers

Tank, Gallimore, Urban and Gregory to return in a few weeks. That’s you’re entire starting defensive line

And now Lamb to boot…..

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Give our defense some credit. Mahomes played poorly. Or our defense ramped up their game?

I was proud of them boys. It's been since the Zimm years for me to recall a game where the defense could look at the offense and say, "What the %#*$# is your problem?"

I agree that our defense played well. But KC’s defense played even better.

Mahomes has been off a lot this year so I don’t know it was him or our defense. Probably a little of both.

It’s very disappointing. Yesterday was a statement game and we weren’t competitive.

Hopefully we can win on Thanksgiving without Cooper and CeeDee.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Its not the way I want to see the offense play...I get they had injuries, but from the play calling to the execution..it was bad. NOW yes there is a huge BRIHGTSIDE..your defense just held the chiefs to 19 in their house...not one sane person would have guessed that with our whole D-line out. Your offense looked bad....but there were MAJOR pieces missing that are comming back. Prescott had an off day..agian it could be due to alot of things but all the timing looked off the passes, the routes, the o-line switches...it was off and that is fixable. Again though our offense should have done way better because I dont see the chiefs defense doing that to other teams the rest of the year (I could be wrong ,maybe they are now the best D in the league)

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Oh so let me get this straight, The defense had nothing to do with Mahomes playing poorly? Nut rolling craziness...
You're right though about he coaching, moore was terrible and did not adjust..

Mahomes has played poorly much of the season. If this was the only time it happened I would credit our defense. I think it’s a combination of both.

Our defense played well but Mahomes has taken a major step back this year.

Proof

Reaction score
I am happy with our record in all honesty. I just don't like the feeling that the wheels may be coming off. Coop getting you know what, Smith being out as long as he has been, CeeDee getting injured, and being without our 2 best pass rushers. I'm getting that sense that the wheels are starting to go in the way I'm accustomed by now to seeing.

rather it happen now, and with a solid record in spite of it, than to happen later. they've put themselves in position to weather the storm.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Great post man, if anyone is being objective it's easy to see that without both starting wide receivers, a disjointed online without Tyron, and a horrible job by kellen moore it's easy to see how a loss in KC was coming. I'm a huge Dak fan, and I have issues saying that he wasn't good, but on the flipside I also don't think any Qb would be good dealing with defenders on them from jump street. This is where I think Kellen Moore sucked and didn't help our team.... Obviously the defense balled out even missing our two starting pass rushers..

My take on all of this is Big Mike is doing his best to get us ready for the stretch run, this is his mentality... He is doing his best to get our guys healthy so we can be close to full strength when it matters most... This is good coaching in my eyes... The loss sucked, but if you look at our situation with injuries it makes total sense.

Any honest fan circled that game as a loss when the schedule came out.

Miguelitomama

Reaction score
Folks I am as harsh a fan on this forum as any. I have gotten a lot of hate for it over the years.

I am feeling pretty good about the season right now. 7-3. Parsons is a beast. Dak is playing great. Diggs is a beast. CeeDee looks great. Zeke has had a nice recovery. No more Jaylon. We own the division. What did you all expect? KC without 2 of your top pass rushers. No Cooper. No Smith. It was a tough ask. Defense definitely tightened up. That’s encouraging. Real encouraging. Who here wouldn’t have signed up for 7-3 in July? I don’t understand why people are so negative. The situation is much better than we thought it would be. Defensive help is on the way and we get Smith and Cooper back. This team will find that other gear.

I appreciate your take but I'm frustrated because we had the pointless loss of Cooper and I felt as though as I was watching a team choke. How different might this game have been if Dak had thrown a decent pass on that first attempt of the game. Then we followed up with a dropped pass. That isn't how a Superbowl contender plays.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I certainly hope to. I'm frustrated because all I know is this team collapsing when they are starting to look like the season might be special.
My thoughts as well, but, they'll be back to norn come Thursday against the Raiders.

GINeric

Reaction score

Well you have some Cowboys fans that don't know football... then you have some fake *** Cowboys fans that root against their own quarterback and coaches. Its cool tho, we love to be entertained by those clowns.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
I’m not shocked at all. Some folks think this is Madden, and have zero idea how real life football works.
Had we won, they would have said “yeah, but……
We lost, so now we’re the worst team in the league, and their agenda is met for the next 3 days.
If we win on Thursday, they’ll be back to yeah but.

Being negative is their happy place.

CWR

Reaction score
Folks I am as harsh a fan on this forum. I have gotten a lot of hate for it over the years.

I am feeling pretty good about the season right now. 7-3. Parsons is a beast. Dak is playing great. Diggs is a beast. CeeDee looks great. Zeke has had a nice recovery. No more Jaylon. We own the division. What did you all expect? KC without 2 of your top pass rushers. No Cooper. No Smith. It was a tough ask. Defense definitely tightened up. That’s encouraging. Real encouraging. Who here wouldn’t have signed up for 7-3in July? I don’t understand why people are so negative. The situation is much better than we thought it would be. Defensive help is on the way and we get Smith and Cooper back. This team will find that other gear.

Some people don't deal with adversity very well. I don't know if it's because they all got participation trophies, or if the years have scarred them. It's a disappointing loss, they all are. There's a lot of time to get healthy and get it turned around.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The bottom feeders have come out and revel in what they see as a perfectly timed Cowboys collapse. Posters I have not seen all year are flooding the forums after yesterday's loss to declare that the season is officially over. We are going through a really bad patch of injuries right now in the middle of the toughest part of the schedule, what do people expect? Being critical of the team is one thing, but the amount of completely unhinged Cowboys bashing without any objective analysis going on is insane. Week to week overreactions to NFL results are the name of the game in sports media right now, and it seems that our uninformed fan base is gong all in on the same mindless hot takes BS.

How many teams down three starting D linemen (including 2 of your 3 best pass rushers), a banged up offensive line, missing two pro bowl receivers, march into Arrowhead against a surging chiefs team and get the win? I would argue very few. A 10 point loss is not the end of the season folks. There is a reason you play the games. We will have Tyron back. Hopefully Williams gets his spot back after a dreadful McGovern performance. We will get Randy, Dlaw, and Gally back which will supercharge the defensive line. The offensive line concerns me with their terrible pass protection (27 pressures! Second most in a game the last 10 years!) but I have to think they can get back to average. You also have to consider that the defense is starting to round into a pretty good unit. I'll take 19 points against the chiefs any day of the week.

A bad loss does not have to define a team's season. We have a tall order these next few weeks with all of the injuries, but I still believe in this team to get it done. The other good thing is every other top team in the NFC has laid a few eggs as bad as ours the last few weeks. Most of us looked at this team and saw no better than 10-7 this year, many thought significantly worse (ironically the same posters that are ripping the team now though they would be 7-10). We are on track to outpace that total by a few games. Settle down. Things will hopefully get better, and if they don't well that is just football sometimes.

Last edited:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Getting dominated 2 of the last 3 games is a cause for concern.

On the bright side there is no dominant team in the NFL this year.

And the Eagles are coming into form. People also forget the Giants were starting to roll against us, in Dallas, without their RB before we knocked Jones into outer space. We have rolled bad teams. We have squeaked out impressive wins against decent teams. On the road against our division will NOT be a piece of cake as many think it will be. If Denver can stomp us at home, anyone can stomp us. But that goes for most teams, so maybe being decent is good enough in 2021.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I’m not shocked that’s what happens around here. The fun part is that we get to see some of our old friends who haven’t been posting much this season.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
After laying another egg, there should be negativity. Should we be celebrating that performance?

Yes, we should be doing cartwheels, and if you are upset about the loss, then by God you aren't a real fan!!!!!! *mad emoji*

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

Wouldn't say they lost in all 3 phases considering how well the defense played.

That game could have easily turned on a play or two. That's not domination. The Denver game is domination.

Kansas City didn't play particularly well in any one area beyond special teams and rushing the passer. Aside from that, they were fairly mediocre. It was more a game of attrition than one team thoroughly dominating the other.