I am still perplexed why they don't bring in a DT

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They're playing different positions - Poe is the 1T/NT and Collins is a 3T. Poe replaced Woods as the starter.
they all suck, bottom line. Not sure Daius is going to change this defense. we are far from being one player away to even becoming a bad defense....given we are down right awful defense right now

John813

Reaction score
We signed Garrett Gilbert, who is our replacement for Hill? Or is the team still mulling that one?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Ok. Timeout. What am I missing on Trysten Hill? Why is he this OMG what a big blow loss? The dude is very much a part of a terrible defensive line. He's got no sacks, 1 tackle for loss and he's an awful run defender. Yet everyone's in mourning that he's gone down.
His very presence on the field justified their Jerry-is-a-competent-GM worldview.

Hill was awful. Fans are trying too hard here.

See also: Takes that Jeff Heath is killing it in Vegas despite being their 4th best Safety and playing 19% of snaps.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Probably because he likes where he is. He has already turned down other teams to stay with Seattle.
This is the answer. Just because he lives in the area doesn’t mean he’s going to go from an overachieving 5-0 team to an underachieving 2-3 team.

jrumann59

Reaction score

conner01

Reaction score
Ok. Timeout. What am I missing on Trysten Hill? Why is he this OMG what a big blow loss? The dude is very much a part of a terrible defensive line. He's got no sacks, 1 tackle for loss and he's an awful run defender. Yet everyone's in mourning that he's gone down.
He was probably our best playing DT so far
And there is simply a numbers game too
We need a DT just for the numbers but it wouldn’t hurt if he could stop the run or pressure the passer
One thing about snacks is he can stop the run
I wouldn’t trade for a vet but at this point signing a vet isn’t gonna be really expensive if it’s for just the remainder of this year

kskboys

Reaction score
His very presence on the field justified their Jerry-is-a-competent-GM worldview.

Hill was awful. Fans are trying too hard here.

See also: Takes that Jeff Heath is killing it in Vegas despite being their 4th best Safety and playing 19% of snaps.
That's what Heath is. A great nickel package STer. Trying to make him into a starter when he doesn't possess the physical ability is inane beyond inane.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Snacks is in Seattle on their PS.

So 2 out of 50-ish with name recognition and some on that list are retired or unavailable/injured. There are also a few that used to play for the cowboys. So again who do you bring in? Dareus is probably the most talented of those available but you have to wonder why no one else has tried to sign him.

I just posted the names of players out there. True PS player could be an option. Outside of that you would have to look for a trade in terms of getting better talented DT.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I just posted the names of players out there. True PS player could be an option. Outside of that you would have to look for a trade in terms of getting better talented DT.
If this defense was average maybe a trade would be good but right now its coin flip between the DC and his scheme and the players. I just do not see this many players regressing at the same time this quickly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If this defense was average maybe a trade would be good but right now its coin flip between the DC and his scheme and the players. I just do not see this many players regressing at the same time this quickly.

Yet Aldon Smith looks like he has not missed a day let a lone 4 years. DLaw showed up this past game something we need to see on a consistent bases. However I am seeing DT getting turned and not holding up at the point of attack. DT need to hold up the middle and too often they are not. Secondary has been banged up but I will not use that as an excuse I will say guys need to spend more time going over film on their own. They all have access to film and sometimes it is just putting in the extra time, because some of the breakdowns are not about guys being beat it is guys looking lost and not being where they need to be.

kskboys

Reaction score
You know what cracks me up? In the offseason, when we're talking about needing DT's and S's, and someone jumps in and starts spewing about how good we already are there.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yet Aldon Smith looks like he has not missed a day let a lone 4 years. DLaw showed up this past game something we need to see on a consistent bases. However I am seeing DT getting turned and not holding up at the point of attack. DT need to hold up the middle and too often they are not. Secondary has been banged up but I will not use that as an excuse I will say guys need to spend more time going over film on their own. They all have access to film and sometimes it is just putting in the extra time, because some of the breakdowns are not about guys being beat it is guys looking lost and not being where they need to be.
The system requires the DT to engage and read the play then fill. Unlike Marinelli's system where you have whichever gap the defensive play calls for. We do not have the people that can engage, read and then break blocks based on the read.