I am taking the just say no to hate pledge

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think it's entertaining how some think they can register emotion from other's via text. Or that anything someone on the internet says is somehow upsetting, lol.

I do hate censorship though.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some operate better if they can label people.
Labeling fans is an attempt to discredit them personally to detract their message or soften the blow.

It’s basic Debate 101 and a popular technique against expert witnesses and testimony but fortunately not allowed in this forum .

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have never seen a need for that word because we are all Cowboys fans with differing opinions. That doesn't make anyone a hater. If I don't agree that a player is as bad as someone says, then I'll present an argument for why I believe that player is better than that. If something is unfairly being used to prop up a player, then I'll point out why the argument isn't fair. At one point of time, this was simply called a discussion.

Those who are unable to have an open discussion resort to things like name-calling, and hater seems to be their favorite word if you disagree with them. It's a sad thing that is reflected in too many aspects of our society. In general, though, it does help me to see who is just arguing irrationally instead of actually being willing to debate the merits of a post.

Rather than swearing off using the word hater, which I believe most who would take that pledge already rarely use, I think a better movement would be a blockade of those who use the word. In other words, if there is a discussion about a player and someone comes into it and calls someone else a hater, then no one responds to the name-caller for the rest of the thread. Eventually, such a boycott might have the desired effect.

Our tendency is to just fire back, which just fans the flames, when it's likely best to let "hater" speech just die on the vine. Most of those who use the word are trying to provoke, so maybe we should just not take the bait.
What would you call the posters who do nothing but complain on just about every player, coach and ownership?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What would you call the posters who do nothing but complain on just about every player, coach and ownership?
It’s much like the Charles Barkley theory on Social Media. “ the internet provides any moron with a keyboard a voice”

It’s all part of it I’m afraid. But it’s why so many are turned off to Social Media. No patience for all of the morons. It’s just part of it. Much like on Facebook and other Social Media outlets , I try to ignore most and focus on presenting my view and responses.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s much like the Charles Barkley theory on Social Media. “ the internet provides any moron with a keyboard a voice”

It’s all part of it I’m afraid. But it’s why so many are turned off to Social Media. No patience for all of the morons. It’s just part of it. Much like on Facebook and other Social Media outlets , I try to ignore most and focus on presenting my view and responses.
"Moron", I like it.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
giphy.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why does that bother you so much? The constant complaining about the constant complainers seems hypocritical and insecure to me.

Stop being hypocritical and insecure.
Nothing wrong with disliking a player and having your opinion. What is wrong is spewing lies/nonsense about the player. That's called trolling, which is against the rules, thus it incites arguments instead of discussions.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I applaud the sentiment and in a perfect world that works but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck not calling it a duck is only fooling yourself.
I don't think anyone is fooling anyone else.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL you and your buddies live on HATE mountain.....and spew your garbage of insults and HATE daily here!
Just because some of us don't agree on your opinions about DAK!
Na na na na na that's me responding on a child's level so you can understand how silly you guys are behaving......:huh:

P.S. Poor Rockport without the word Hate he has nothing to post about!! lol:laugh:
That's rich coming from the insulter-in-chief. lol People have followed your lead and followed your game @PAPPYDOG . Maybe a new direction and example is needed by you? Here is your chance to show some change.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There you go again.

Your hypocrisy and personal attacks detract from the board far more than someone's opinion, negative or not, does.

You come across as immature and very sensitive. Maybe internet forums are not for you.
I didn't attack you so quit lying. You asked me a question and I answered it. You detract from the board. That's not a personal attack.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's rich coming from the insulter-in-chief. lol People have followed your lead and followed your game @PAPPYDOG . Maybe a new direction and example is needed by you? Here is your chance to show some change.

It's ok Jim Jones I'd rather not drink the Dak-Kool-Aid you and your buds are offering here daily!:omg: