I am trying to figure Dak out instead of bashing him

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The pass to Cooper was behind him. Now should a top receiver make those catches? Sure, but they don't always. If the pass wasn't behind him Cooper makes the catch so that's partly on Dak. And of course the last one was a poor throw, so 2 were all or some on him...

Behind him??? You guys are nuts. Maybe a couple inches behind him. Cooper was not reaching back wildly. Every pass can’t be perfect. That ball hit Cooper right in the hands. He needs to catch that 100 out of 100 times. Whatever, the Dak haters have so much bias built in nothing he does will change it.

Brax

Reaction score
Jerry hasnt completely screwed up because he can choose who he locks up long term. Nobody has a gun to his head regarding Dak.

Jerry can decide to suffer for the next 5 years or move on. His choice.
The screwed up part is not bringing in a legit QB to pushand compete with Dak instead he and JG gave it to Dak on a silver platter and had scrubs as back ups. Jerry will pay because his ego will not allow him not to, I would be shocked if Dak isn't signed to a High $$$ contract sooner rather than later and Jerry does the right thing and tags Dak at seasons end.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What I seen week one was an offense that can help with the quick passes. I seriously dont understand Moores angle this season.

I don't understand this post. What do you mean by, not understanding Moore's angle?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Behind him??? You guys are nuts. Maybe a couple inches behind him. Cooper was not reaching back wildly. Every pass can’t be perfect. That ball hit Cooper right in the hands. He needs to catch that 100 out of 100 times. Whatever, the Dak haters have so much bias built in nothing he does will change it.

It hit him in the hands because he reached back for it, the ball should have been thrown either right to him or just ahead of him, and it wasn't.

Not a Dak hater, just endeavoring to be objective...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The one thing I found the most interesting about the last game is this.

Typically Dak is a very good decision maker, but sometimes lacks in accuracy. On Sunday his accuracy was awesome, but his decision making wasn't what it usually is.

We get accurate Dak with his usual decision making? Cooking with gas

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The frustrating part is still talking about everything you just mentioned after 4 years in.

I mean it's kind of like one of those, if you dont get it, you dont get it.

How long are they willing to wait on a guy.
we all want ready made, hit the jackpot kind of player, but that's far and few in between. we have not invested much in this position outside of spending the 4th round pick (and subsequently a 6th round pick). so Patience is required. I am just glad we didn't trade up and draft Paxton Lynch. that would have been a total disaster.....

and I don't disagree with you, there are certain things he may not get, like throwing angles, etc. but surrounded with the right talent, he can succeed and thus its critical for us to give him the right contract not to handicap us from signing the right players around him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What is there to figure out about Dak? He is a winner. Tough guy. Great leader. Can run with the ball. Can throw all the NFL passes. Struggles with accuracy at times. Holds the ball too long. Can be a tad slow on progressions at time. Decent vision but not elite. Add it all up and you have a good but not elite QB. You can win a lot of games with Dak but he NEEDS HELP. Every QB needs help. The hand wringing over this loss is ridiculous. 2 of his 3 picks were not on him at all. The defense and Cooper's bad luck were the main culprits I also think Dallas came out flat which is remarkable given the NO loss.

The Dak haters need to stop. He is NOT the issue.
you are going to be officially called a hater....stats to prove he is elite coming your way ;-)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He’s getting hit a great deal of the time that he’s trying to throw the ball and this is keeping him from properly planting his feet. The o-line is in shambles right now....
that's life for all NFL QBs....nothing different for him.....you expect him to have clean pockets like the Miami game...well, it ain't happening.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The pass to Cooper was behind him. Now should a top receiver make those catches? Sure, but they don't always. If the pass wasn't behind him Cooper makes the catch so that's partly on Dak. And of course the last one was a poor throw, so 2 were all or some on him...
of the three Int's I don't blame Dak for the first one. should Cooper catch it? probably. should Dak have led him? yes. Cooper had his man beat so bad, so when the ball bounched three yards away, the CB was there to catch it. if he was being guarded a little closer, it would have been an incomplete. that Int was a fluke. the pass was still inaccurate though.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
not a couple of inches behind him unless you are watching the game from 30 feet away on a 15 inch TV (one exaggeration deserves another). Cooper was going full speed to the left, had to stop, twist and reach to his left to try and get his hands on the ball...that ball SHOULD HAVE LED cooper and we have a TD...

I don't mind you defending him when he does good...but you can't defend that throw...Dak had a fault in that as well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The screwed up part is not bringing in a legit QB to pushand compete with Dak instead he and JG gave it to Dak on a silver platter and had scrubs as back ups. Jerry will pay because his ego will not allow him not to, I would be shocked if Dak isn't signed to a High $$$ contract sooner rather than later and Jerry does the right thing and tags Dak at seasons end.
where do you find another legit QB? easier said than done. since Romo was signed we have not invested much in the QB position. FA or Draft. Dak was a 4th round pick and a compensation pick....

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
In a nutshell...Great person. Good leader. Slightly better than average QB.

droopdog7

Reaction score
The problem with Dak at the moment is that he is a jack of all trades master of none in a way. I mean, he has the tools and the leadership and at times looks like a star. At other times he's been called a bus driver but he makes too many mistakes to really be called a bus driver.

So yeah, I agree, it's not easy to characterize exactly what he is except to say he's not quite good enough.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
not a couple of inches behind him unless you are watching the game from 30 feet away on a 15 inch TV (one exaggeration deserves another). Cooper was going full speed to the left, had to stop, twist and reach to his left to try and get his hands on the ball...that ball SHOULD HAVE LED cooper and we have a TD...

I don't mind you defending him when he does good...but you can't defend that throw...Dak had a fault in that as well.

You are insane. That ball hit Cooper in the hands. He needs to catch that. I watch the games on a 60" HD TV so I see it all.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

So you're saying that Dak doesn't, or didn't, try to be better on his own?

You don't know that, nobody does, and from what his teammates say about Dak's work ethic it's not supported by any evidence.

I had no competiti
The problem with Dak at the moment is that he is a jack of all trades master of none in a way. I mean, he has the tools and the leadership and at times looks like a star. At other times he's been called a bus driver but he makes too many mistakes to really be called a bus driver.

So yeah, I agree, it's not easy to characterize exactly what he is except to say he's not quite good enough.

He's as good as Trent Dilfer, or Brad Johnson, or Joe Flacco (overall, not talking playoff runs like Flacco). Certainly physically he's far better than Peyton Manning was in his last SB win. He's good enough to win a Super Bowl IF he doesn't have to be Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees....

Brax

Reaction score
where do you find another legit QB? easier said than done. since Romo was signed we have not invested much in the QB position. FA or Draft. Dak was a 4th round pick and a compensation pick....
The problem is exactly that, for some reason scrubs are back ups, it cost the 2015 season but not to invest in a legit prospect to push Dak is plain dumb. I trully believe Dak is here long term for that reason.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Daks problem is pocket elusivness. Watch Watson, Wilson, hell even Romo.......Mahomes too. They do that back spin at the right time. Dak is TERRIBLE at it. Always soins INTO defenders. Thats his problem. He cant feel defenders when the pocket breaksdown.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
You are insane. That ball hit Cooper in the hands. He needs to catch that. I watch the games on a 60" HD TV so I see it all.

I'm no Dak hater but you're seeing what you want to see. If Dak hits him in stride, it's a TD. The ball was clearly thrown behind him.