I apologize for the personal attacks

cowboys19

Reaction score
i think those who i attacked know who they are.

From now on i will not post anything that makes it look like Romo is god.

i will let Romo's performance be my ammo to the Romo haters.

thanks for listening, and i hope you forgive

carry on

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
cowboys19;1270712 said:
From now on i will not post anything that makes it look like Romo is god.
Well, you can pass the torch to me then.

Tony Rocks! :)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
lmao...that didn't sound sincere enough for me, even though I don't know who or what you're talking about...I didn't even realize that there were any fans who'd given up on Romo....I think he'll at least be as good as Delhomme, possibly better. Those comparing him to Montana at this point were just a little wacky.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
C'mon. You were winning us over with calling us ********.

cowboys19

Reaction score
wayne_motley;1270724 said:
lmao...that didn't sound sincere enough for me, even though I don't know who or what you're talking about...I didn't even realize that there were any fans who'd given up on Romo....I think he'll at least be as good as Delhomme, possibly better. Those comparing him to Montana at this point were just a little wacky.

it was sincere, it came from the heart

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne_motley;1270724 said:
Delhomme is not a good reference point for me. He's been taking some hits this year, his "moxie" hasn't come thru this year. Been reading Carolina should even consider cutting him. Romo reminds me more of Bulger than Delhomme personally.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1270735 said:
Romo reminds me more of Bulger than Delhomme personally.
Me too. He reminds me a lot of Bulger. Bulger has some Moxie but Tony has much much more.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1270735 said:
Delhomme is not a good reference point for me. He's been taking some hits this year, his "moxie" hasn't come thru this year. Been reading Carolina should even consider cutting him. Romo reminds me more of Bulger than Delhomme personally.

Wow...that is high praise...I hope Romo proves to be as good as Bulger, but I'm not sure he's proven he can do that on a consistant basis yet. I compare him to Delhomme who is a very good QB when there's a running game and decent protection, but Delhomme is not the type to take the game on his own shoulders and pass the team to victory the way Bulger can...I guess I'm not putting Romo in that area yet either, simply because I haven't seen him able to do it.

I have very high hopes for Romo, but unless he turns out even better than he's shown so far, I think we'd better be looking to surround him with better players on offense...better OL, younger star receiver to grow with, and possibly even a better RB. I don't think our defense is ever going to be good enough to win a title for us due to where we have our money locked up.

I think we should continue to develop our offense and just tweak the defense enough to improve it.

I am a believer in Romo, but I think he clearly has some limitations as most except the true superstar QB's do.

p.s....Last year it was Delhomme who was supposed to have the moxie and Bulger was catching all the flak about being replaced...injuries and a bad year put everyone in that position.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1270749 said:
Me too. He reminds me a lot of Bulger. Bulger has some Moxie but Tony has much much more.

Bulger isn't as good of a scrambler either

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Vintage;1270726 said:
C'mon. You were winning us over with calling us ********.

sniff sniff - he had me at "re"... : )

it's all good to me. i think some getting after it is healthy as long as it doesn't escalate and that's the key. no apologies necessary for me as i was taking my own set of shots, veiled or otherwise and if you can't take it, don't give it out, ya know?

fyi - i really really really really really really really want romo to work out and be our qb for the next decade. i really really do. but this "me against the world" stuff is the same stuff i saw that turned a lot of people anti-bledsoe.

not bledsoe's fault to be sure - but you just get tired of the non-stop PR machine.

it's all good man. <slides a molsen golden your way>

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1270735 said:

if they cut him i'd love him here as a backup.

cowboys19

Reaction score
bbgun;1270775 said:
Is there such a thing as a backhanded apology?

im not sure what you mean, but i was just pointing out that since i wont make any more Romo threads, i will hopefully let Romo's good play, be the ammo for the haters, aka Munchies and all

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne_motley;1270753 said:
Wow...that is high praise...I hope Romo proves to be as good as Bulger, but I'm not sure he's proven he can do that on a consistant basis yet. I compare him to Delhomme who is a very good QB when there's a running game and decent protection, but Delhomme is not the type to take the game on his own shoulders and pass the team to victory the way Bulger can...I guess I'm not putting Romo in that area yet either, simply because I haven't seen him able to do it.

I have very high hopes for Romo, but unless he turns out even better than he's shown so far, I think we'd better be looking to surround him with better players on offense...better OL, younger star receiver to grow with, and possibly even a better RB. I don't think our defense is ever going to be good enough to win a title for us due to where we have our money locked up.

I think we should continue to develop our offense and just tweak the defense enough to improve it.

I am a believer in Romo, but I think he clearly has some limitations as most except the true superstar QB's do.

p.s....Last year it was Delhomme who was supposed to have the moxie and Bulger was catching all the flak about being replaced...injuries and a bad year put everyone in that position.
I actually agree with everything you posted. Bulger didn't immediately light up the field when he first took over for Warner as a young QB. I guess I just see the potential of Bulger in Romo. Bulger in the Martz passing attack left him open for a lot of hits and INTs, but he's always been able to move that team.

Delhomme has never impressed me though...even with all the moaning and groaning about how Parcells missed on him. He's been a solid QB, but I've never been one to think he was a "great" QB that Parcells should have somehow known before letting him leave Valley Ranch.

I'm definitely with you on that Romo is still a maturing QB. Some of the limits he has this year hopefully won't be there as he gets better.

Find some more talent at the WR position and not just rely on diamond in the rough WRs who need more seasoning. Get some pressure pieces on D and yeah the team might be ready for the next level.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys19;1270779 said:
im not sure what you mean, but i was just pointing out that since i wont make any more Romo threads, i will hopefully let Romo's good play, be the ammo for the haters, aka Munchies and all

Using the phrase "Romo haters" (a straw man if I ever saw one) robs it of any and all sincerity. It's like saying "I'm sorry you're such jerks, but I apologize."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;1270761 said:
if they cut him i'd love him here as a backup.
I doubt he'd be cut, cuz they have nobody behind him to step in and be a stop-gap starter. Weinke would be laughed out of the league after the first 4 starts. I think he's having a down year, though and may be asked to refocus in the offseason.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1270808 said:
I doubt he'd be cut, cuz they have nobody behind him to step in and be a stop-gap starter. Weinke would be laughed out of the league after the first 4 starts. I think he's having a down year, though and may be asked to refocus in the offseason.

Weinkle is a joke and a half. they need to look to the draft post haste.

cowboys19

Reaction score
bbgun;1270798 said:
Using the phrase "Romo haters" (a straw man if I ever saw one) robs it of any and all sincerity. It's like saying "I'm sorry you're such jerks, but I apologize."

i was sincere