I Asked This Last January

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What will you do if T.O. becomes a Cowboy, scores a 65-yard TD, then runs to the Star and kneals down, ala Emmitt Smith.

The majority of answers I got were negative.

He won't be a Cowboy.

I will still hate him.

Jerry would never sign him because of the Star incident.

So I am asking now. First home game.

T.O. runs a slant and Bledsoe nails him with the ball, just like Irvin and Aikman.

T.O. takes it 65-yards for the score.

He goes to the Star and kneals down- ala Emmitt - and shows respect for the team, instead of dance.

What say you now, Zoners?

I think I will begin to set my expectations very high for this team.

Little Jr

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
What will you do if T.O. becomes a Cowboy, scores a 65-yard TD, then runs to the Star and kneals down, ala Emmitt Smith.

He won't be a Cowboy.

I will still hate him.

T.O. runs a slant and Bledsoe nails him with the ball, just like Irvin and Aikman.

He goes to the Star and kneals down- ala Emmitt - and shows respect for the team, instead of dance.

I will LOVES ME SOME T.O.!!!!!!!!

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I don't care much for TO. He makes this team better on the field, and that's ultimately all that matters. That being said, I never bought into the team wrecker crap either.

I think that the majority of fans will laugh about it, I personally would chuckle. It's only football, and the real reason we all watch is to be entertained. I think it would be quite a statement for him to do this, and I think it could get the team quite juiced.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Wouldn't this be a penalty under the new "anti-celebration" rule?

As far as the scenario goes... I don't have to like that TO is a Cowboy(which I don't).. However he is a Cowboy and as a Cowboy if he scores a touchdown regardless of whether he goes and kneels on the star or not, If he scores it means the Cowboys have six points(and hopefully Vandy can add the PAT, but that is another story) and puts Dallas that much closer to a WIN. And that is the part that I will cheer.. the touchdown, not the 'player' making a show of a touchdown.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be happy that he scored because it means the COWBOYS scored.

However I would still not care for the individual no matter how many times he scores or how he conducts himself after he scores.

He will need to earn my respect as an individual no matter if he is a cowboy player or not.

So...I hope he scores a bunch because that means the cowboys score, but until he proves himself as an individual I won't care for him.

Never did like Deion as an individual no matter how well he played.

However I did change my opinion on Keyshaun.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I changed my opinion of Keyshaun rather quickly when he got here. So TO has the ability to do the same.

That being said, I find him much more distasteful than I ever did Key, so he has a longer road to walk in my book.

As far as the touchdown is concerned - I am positive that signing TO will help this team win, and that's what counts for the front office. I will enjoy games won off his touchdown. However, as I have vowed since the signing, I refuse to celebrate a single one of his touchdowns in any manner. Furthermore, he will draw ire for any ridiculous antics.

Don't get me wrong - I don't mind celebrations. Chad Johnson is one of my favorite players in the league. But there are certain types of celebration I can't stand. TO's star dance is one of them.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
It would mean nothing to me. In fact, it would be a turn off because it would simply be yet another self promotion gig.

On the other hand, if he goes over the middle a few times to catch a pass with a safety brearing down on him, and does so with no fear...I might feel better about him.

Results will matter to me. Antics won't.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
As long as he produces it probably results in a Cowboys victory......Therefore I'll just keep on popping the popcorn.

Now TO it's time to put up or shutup.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:

However I would still not care for the individual no matter how many times he scores or how he conducts himself after he scores.

He will need to earn my respect as an individual no matter if he is a cowboy player or not.

So...I hope he scores a bunch because that means the cowboys score, but until he proves himself as an individual I won't care for him.

Well said.
It wouldn't mean anything. It would actually be more of an insult. He can make amends by just playing and being a team player. He does not need to do anything to earn respect except just be a team player as Brainpaint said.

Just score and help win some games. Hand the ball to the ref after scoring.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Self promotion complaints??

More people should self promote themselves....

Some of the most popular, rich people self promote themselves... its a good thing....

There is no "I" in team... but there is an "I" in Victory!!!

I love me some popcorn!!!

T.O. = T.D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My view of T.O. is and will be the same as it has always been. He's a really good player and him being on the team makes the Cowboys a better team. As long as he wears the star, I will root for him just like I rooted for Deion Sanders and Charles Haley.

However, no matter what he does, I will always think of him as a mercenary player just as I did Haley and Deion. It is not because I do not like those players, but rather because they built their star-player reputations with other teams and joined the Cowboys near the end of their career. If they had played for other teams and were just regular players and became star players after joining the Cowboys, then that would be different.

I hope TO scores 20 touchdowns, wins league MVP and the Cowboys win the Super Bowl every year he is here. But even if that happens, it still will not change my opinion of him being a mercenary player and that has absolutely nothing to do with his antics on the star at mid-field years ago. I saw that for what is was .. showmanship.

-Reality

Reaction score
Can't stand the man. Never could & that's not going to change no matter what he does for our team. That said, I've always been up front about his contributions on the field. He's one of the best and as long as he's a Cowboy, I'll support him, although grudgingly.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

:signmast: What he said... pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expect big things from TO on the field that is why we brought him here as far as the man himself, I expect him to act like a member of this team and not create problems if he can do that then I have no problem with him. My views appear to be different than some, to me scoring points is not going to change my opinion how he conducts himself as a member of this team will go a long way with me as a fan.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i think he should go to the star, get down on his hands and knees, take is helmnet off and give the star a big kiss

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I'll still hate the guy. Not quite as much as Rae Carruth or Ray Lewis but he's next in line.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I think it would be a great sign of things to come if he just tossed the ball to the nearest official.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:

He won't be a Cowboy.

I will still hate him.

I will still dislike it TD because to me it will be saying that what he did as a 49er was "no big deal people." I just don't want to rationalize this. Now it will be a taunting penalty and it's 15 yards on the kickoff. No good can come of it. Some will love it. I won't be among them. I don't want to see that from any player. Emmitt did what he did one time as a statement. Other than taking off his helmet when he scored he didn't celebrate with showy displays. There's a difference. He was telling us this was still our house and he was going to defend it. This scenario isn't the same. It just isn't the same.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
percyhoward said:
I think it would be a great sign of things to come if he just tossed the ball to the nearest official.
Amen. Let the score of the game trumpet the celebration in the stands.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
There's a whole lot of hate in the world. IMO it's absurd to "hate" a guy you've never met, probably never will meet and all that you know about is 2nd or 3rd hand anyway, usually from people with both agendas and deadlines. We all have our favorites but I try to keep an open mind and judge people by what I see.

You can safely conclude TO is egocentric but the NFL is loaded with guys that know it's both a business and entertainment. Should we hate all them? That's too complicated for me. I think I'll just kick back for the next few months and keep a fresh bag of Orville Reddenbacher in the microwave and hope lots of guys with stars on their helmets run into the painted part of the field with the ball, #81 included.