I Asked This Last January

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Bear in mind that all of Tom's wacky statements are based on his religious views. Many rational people might think Scientology is a cult based on a foundation of absurdities but it's tough to really hold that against him.:laugh2: But again I would much rather not know. And the funny thing is about Cruise, he can continue to pop off any time he wants and whether anyone likes it or not he's still got the 100m in the bank from Mission Impossible 3.:laugh1:

The point is TO like any other entertainer is subject to the same ill treatment by fans and media coverage when they come off as an idiot or do things that people find offensive.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
The point is TO like any other entertainer is subject to the same ill treatment by fans and media coverage when they come off as an idiot or do things that people find offensive.

Yeah, I got that. But you know when I have a headache I take one aspirin, I avoid taking the whole bottle. And just because one man gets 100x more press coverage doesn't make his actions 100x worse than anyone else but it sure can seem that way. That doesn't mean you have to like TO it just means if you shine the light long enough and brightly enough many of our heroes would turn out to have clay feet.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Wouldn't this be a penalty under the new "anti-celebration" rule?

As far as the scenario goes... I don't have to like that TO is a Cowboy(which I don't).. However he is a Cowboy and as a Cowboy if he scores a touchdown regardless of whether he goes and kneels on the star or not, If he scores it means the Cowboys have six points(and hopefully Vandy can add the PAT, but that is another story) and puts Dallas that much closer to a WIN. And that is the part that I will cheer.. the touchdown, not the 'player' making a show of a touchdown.

That pretty much sums it up for me! :bow:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Yeah, I got that. But you know when I have a headache I take one aspirin, I avoid taking the whole bottle. And just because one man gets 100x more press coverage doesn't make his actions 100x worse than anyone else but it sure can seem that way. That doesn't mean you have to like TO it just means if you shine the light long enough and brightly enough many of our heroes would turn out to have clay feet.

TO has a long list of incidents on the sidelines, locker room and in front of the camera. There is a reason he gets more bad press than a lot of other guys. I would also add there are many class acts in sports you don't have to be an idiot to get attention. Tiger Woods gets a lot of attention yet is not a controversial person and when the media does try to trap him with certain question he like many others have a way to avoid the media traps. TO walks right into it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'll be in the stadium -- on the 50 yard line(in the stands). Probably drunk. There's no telling what I will do.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt said:
I'll be in the stadium -- on the 50 yard line(in the stands). Probably drunk. There's no telling what I will do.

Will someone be with you with bail money? :laugh2:

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
It would mean nothing to me. In fact, it would be a turn off because it would simply be yet another self promotion gig.

On the other hand, if he goes over the middle a few times to catch a pass with a safety brearing down on him, and does so with no fear...I might feel better about him.

Results will matter to me. Antics won't.

Isn't a touchdown a better result that merely catching a pass over the middle?

Scotman

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I would be happy that he scored because it means the COWBOYS scored.

However I would still not care for the individual no matter how many times he scores or how he conducts himself after he scores.

He will need to earn my respect as an individual no matter if he is a cowboy player or not.

So...I hope he scores a bunch because that means the cowboys score, but until he proves himself as an individual I won't care for him.

Never did like Deion as an individual no matter how well he played.

However I did change my opinion on Keyshaun.

Very well put indeed. I don't think it would effect me either way if her returned to the star in that manner. But if he scored the touchdown and then simply returned to the sidelines to enjoy the points with his teammates, that would be an even better thing.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I think he should stray away from doing that because that made a lot of people hostile towards him. He should do whatever it is that he wants to do, but I think that anything with the Star would be faux pas.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
it would be funny as if hes running R.Williams runs out there grabs him and shakes his hands as likea "no-no" then when T.O. Does the 65 yard slant againts the eagles he goes and stands there, im fine with :D he just would have to watch out, you never know with those bunches

superpunk

Reaction score
nyc said:
I think he should stray away from doing that because that made a lot of people hostile towards him. He should do whatever it is that he wants to do, but I think that anything with the Star would be faux pas.

The stadium would erupt.

I'm not in favor of it, but if you say that Owens catching a 60 yarder and housing it, then running to the star and lifting his arms to the sky wouldn't give you chills, you're lying.

Altho I think it would be better if Terry did it. Until the 15 yard flag comes out. Would they consider that premeditated, I wonder? It's a singular celebration, could be considered spur of the moment. But they'd prolly flag him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk said:
The stadium would erupt.

I'm not in favor of it, but if you say that Owens catching a 60 yarder and housing it, then running to the star and lifting his arms to the sky wouldn't give you chills, you're lying.

Altho I think it would be better if Terry did it. Until the 15 yard flag comes out. Would they consider that premeditated, I wonder? It's a singular celebration, could be considered spur of the moment. But they'd prolly flag him.

I can honestly say that if he caught a 60 pass for a TD then ran out to mid field like that I would not have chills I would reconize that he is the same bone head he has always been, I get chills when teammates celebrate together after all it took 10 other guys doing their job for the 1 guy to score the TD. I also don't have to worry about Terry Glenn doing that he has been in the endzone before and acts like it.

superpunk

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I can honestly say that if he caught a 60 pass for a TD then ran out to mid field like that I would not have chills I would reconize that he is the same bone head he has always been, I get chills when teammates celebrate together after all it took 10 other guys doing their job for the 1 guy to score the TD. I also don't have to worry about Terry Glenn doing that he has been in the endzone before and acts like it.

Liar. :p

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would be mad because it would be a penalty ....

I think he will go to the little Star in the endzone ....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk said:

No I'm just not as shallow person. I don't get off to seeing these guys act like idiots. I have no issue with a guy celebrating as long as it is not costing the team 15 yards. I'm one who believe team 1st because I know very well individuals can't win anything by themselfs it takes a team to win unless your talking about an individual sports like golf or tennis.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
zrinkill said:
I would be mad because it would be a penalty ....

I think he will go to the little Star in the endzone ....

I would have no issue with that.

superpunk

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
No I'm just not as shallow person. I don't get off to seeing these guys act like idiots. I have no issue with a guy celebrating as long as it is not costing the team 15 yards. I'm one who believe team 1st because I know very well individuals can't win anything by themselfs it takes a team to win unless your talking about an individual sports like golf or tennis.

Enjoy the view on top of that high horse. If he's celebrating like that, it means we're winning. I can't help but be thrilled about that. Heck, I got chills when the stadium erupted for him in a stupid preseason game that I watched on replay.

I guess I'm just shallow that way.