I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke21

Reaction score
No, you can't. If Dak became available, Bears would dump Trubes in a heartbeat. Which is what this is about.

You may not be aware of the beginning of this argument. A statement was made that there would be no interest in Dak if he became available.

You see. Of course that's possible, but it's also possible they'd move on to a younger guy who is a much better passer.
I'm aware of the beginning and end. Its cool to disagree. The bears do not dump trubisky for dak. They don't.

What you, and so many of your fellow dak supporters, don't seem to understand is that the league has worked Dak out.. there is a reason why they are not making public statements even though the guy is out of contract.. there is a reason why he isn't in the play voted top 100.. there is a reason why teams openly dare them to beat him with his arm.. there is a reason why Dak wasn't even in the MVP conversation.

If you think the league hasn't worked Dak out.. then I don't know what to say. I agree there would be suitors.. if you are a team with a bottom tier QB.. then Dak would be appealing. The question is then the price tag. If dak want 25-28M then I'd say sign him.. if he wants 30-32M then I'd test the market.. if he wants anywhere near 35M or over.. let him walk.

Reaction score
Troy said he would give Dak a big contract. Of course, he also agreed with the Browns drafting Johnny, er, Baker Mayfield, who had the lowest QB rating in the league this year. If I ran this team, I'd trade back into the second round this year, for a first next year, then trade up in 2021 & take QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm aware of the beginning and end. Its cool to disagree. The bears do not dump trubisky for dak. They don't.

What you, and so many of your fellow dak supporters, don't seem to understand is that the league has worked Dak out.. there is a reason why they are not making public statements even though the guy is out of contract.. there is a reason why he isn't in the play voted top 100.. there is a reason why teams openly dare them to beat him with his arm.. there is a reason why Dak wasn't even in the MVP conversation.

If you think the league hasn't worked Dak out.. then I don't know what to say. I agree there would be suitors.. if you are a team with a bottom tier QB.. then Dak would be appealing. The question is then the price tag. If dak want 25-28M then I'd say sign him.. if he wants 30-32M then I'd test the market.. if he wants anywhere near 35M or over.. let him walk.
See, you can't even label me correctly. I'm squarely in the middle concerning Dak. You're having trouble even having a convo w/o tossing some 3rd grade insult. Grow up, kid. If it's cool to disagree, then learn to converse in an adult manner.

zeke21

Reaction score
See, you can't even label me correctly. I'm squarely in the middle concerning Dak. You're having trouble even having a convo w/o tossing some 3rd grade insult. Grow up, kid. If it's cool to disagree, then learn to converse in an adult manner.
So calling you a dak supporter is a 3rd grade insult? Perhaps you are not as in the middle as you think.

kskboys

Reaction score
So calling you a dak supporter is a 3rd grade insult? Perhaps you are not as in the middle as you think.
Yes, it is. If you don't see, perhaps you aren't that well spoken.(See, there's another little cheap insult.)

It would be preferable to engage in discussion instead of this tripe.

zeke21

Reaction score
Yes, it is. If you don't see, perhaps you aren't that well spoken.(See, there's another little cheap insult.)

It would be preferable to engage in discussion instead of this tripe.
My apologies for mispeaking regarding your level of support for Dak as our ongoing quarterback.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A RB did that and lost. Not sure there is another idiot who will do that again.

Exactly...……...Bell is the only guy I can think of that sat out the entire season instead of signing the tag. He lost a boat load of money.

I dont thing you are going to see anybody do that again. If Dak gets the tag, he is going to sign it.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Dak actually loves garret. Go read his recent quotes.

It’s called football talk, or same ole answer since the day media has been asking players question.

You kind of remind of the guy from Napoleon Dynamite the way you think. :muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No QB1 has ever not signed the tag or held out. For any FO and QB/agent to let it get that far would be a disaster for the team trying to prepare for the season.

I believe it is exactly for this position that the tag was instated because if a team can't prepare with the QB1, they already in trouble. Injury is unpreventable, an inherent risk, but not having the QB participate in the OTA's and camp is unacceptable, if not for injury.

And think of the public image nightmare for the player. Look at all of the stuff that was floating around here during that negotiation, some of it floated by the team, like the 40M a year BS.

There is no image of a player on a team more critical than the QB. The FO cannot let it get tarnished anymore than the player can allow that. We expect and accept WR, RB, DE and any other position to hold out but not the QB.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag if Jerry keeps Garrett onboard. Dak wants a new coach that will not hold this team back and growth in his career.
Really?

Dak does not look like he is that type..

to standup and oppose an owner publically with reasons like that.

I would take the tag and $30+ mil and see if I could not raise the next tag to $40 mil/yr.

Seems the wiser path.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag if Jerry keeps Garrett onboard. Dak wants a new coach that will not hold this team back and growth in his career.

Don't blame him if this happened. He watched JG and Jerry waste a great talent in Romo, who would want that.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score

There was a report on the anonymous report on the fan that Dak hasnt signed because he wanted to see how this year went. He feels like Garrett holds him gack.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Flacco won a Super Bowl. And had a playoff run that rivaled Joe Montana's 1989 playoff run.
Has zero to do with the context of my comment to the poster............but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.