I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Geez, people, the QB position is at a premium. Are you guys really forgetting players like Osweiler and Cousins getting huge contracts? If Dak were to hit the market, I'm not sure what he'd get, but there might even be a bidding war.
It’s like they ignore how the rest of the league operates.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dak has been hated at $4 million total over 4 years and someone is wanting to pay Dalton $70 million. The hate didn’t just start when he wanted $35 million. It’s always been there. Andy freaking Dalton. That is simply laughable.
I don't even hate the guy, my replies are in regards to him being tagged or not and the fact he is not at this time worth the money he was holding out for before signing a contract...at least what we are led to believe were the circumstances. Unfortunately for him his play down the stretch (not even all his fault) lessens his asking price but in the world of Jerry it may not even matter if he really sees him as our future

erod

Reaction score
I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag if Jerry keeps Garrett onboard. Dak wants a new coach that will not hold this team back and growth in his career.
Garrett reportedly told multiple people at The Star good bye yesterday. He's leaving.

Dak needs to shut up and do what he's told. He's the luckiest and most overrated QB in the league to be here with this offensive talent. He isn't that hard to replace.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Personally I hope he leaves. He deserves better and the dumb fans that want him gone need to learn a lesson.

Personally, I want Dak to stay for the right price, since you don't replace QBs unless you find someone better and Dak is good but not elite. Also I rather see the fans that value Dak over the team go, if Dak ends up going. I mean Dak had a chance to prove that he is clutch like his flock were telling us he was, and in the end proved to be human like anyone else. You should pay the guy, but not overpay him, yet we still have people on here who want Dak to be the highest payed QB in the NFL for their own jock-sniffing reasons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Once again, you're changing the parameters. You really should step back from your fantasy world and read what this was about before you embarrass yourself further.

It was stated that Dak would get very little interest from other teams if he were available. In response to that statement, I simply naming teams that would be interested. You went off on a completely different tangent, namely Dak's value. That's a completely different conversation.

You know, you have some good stuff to bring to a convo. Maybe you should not speak so rudely to people for no reason.

hes not an FN Free agent and NO TEAM will come after him thats it.

they actually dont need a QB thats not available and would have to give up that much for..

so that is the reality..i listed the reasons they are NOT in the market for a QB like dak given true facts..he would not be available as a true FA therefore all the tag stuff would come into play therefore hes not on their radar..

other reality as I listed. hes not that much better then their current options, so why would they be interested..

you are living in a hypothetical while im responding with hard facts..

I like Dak and supported him but no longer will support him as the next man up market setting QB, he lost that with yet another really bad stretch especially the 2nd half of the philly game..we lost that game because of him.. we blame coaches ,want Garett's head for this seasons 8-8 record but I saw a QB from NE - Philly that couldn't get it done and no excuse on the injury, if he couldn't get it done he should have tapped out and let us try with Rush..we will never know if Rush could have hit those wide open big plays or not because Dak already choked our season away.

so now im ok with keeping him but im tagging him and not offering him what hes demanding.. if im GM, im offering him 30 with structures that are more team friendly but with him having the ability for bonus ie escalator to get that other 4-5 he might want through things like overall record, each playoff win, big bonus for NFCCG, and the most bonus for a SB.. hollow stats he had during the softer schedule and obvious average to below average against the better teams shows hes not in that 34plus market club , yet..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak has been hated at $4 million total over 4 years and someone is wanting to pay Dalton $70 million. The hate didn’t just start when he wanted $35 million. It’s always been there. Andy freaking Dalton. That is simply laughable.
well good Happy New Year LOL

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Personally, I want Dak to stay for the right price, since you don't replace QBs unless you find someone better and Dak is good but not elite. Also I rather see the fans that value Dak over the team go, if Dak ends up going. I mean Dak had a chance to prove that he is clutch like his flock were telling us he was, and in the end proved to be human like anyone else. You should pay the guy, but not overpay him, yet we still have people on here who want Dak to be the highest payed QB in the NFL for their own jock-sniffing reasons.

With Goff and Wentz signed Dak’s number is obvious. The talk of 40 million per is just stupid.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Whether Garrett stays or goes, Dak's not going anywhere. France will surely raise his contract demands because of Dak's performance this season.

That's a fairly standard practice by any competent agent when a client has his best season with an expiring contract.

With Goff and Wentz signed Dak’s number is obvious. The talk of 40 million per is just stupid.
Because it's fake news.

Rayman70

Reaction score
hes getting just under 40 mil per..you watch. Either here or in another city.

Blue64

Reaction score
Hopefully he gets the same advice from the people that told him he was worth more when Jerrah reportedly was ready to sign him.

Bye bye and good riddance if he wants out, he’ll be playing backup somewhere

kskboys

Reaction score
hes not an FN Free agent and NO TEAM will come after him thats it.

they actually dont need a QB thats not available and would have to give up that much for..

so that is the reality..i listed the reasons they are NOT in the market for a QB like dak given true facts..he would not be available as a true FA therefore all the tag stuff would come into play therefore hes not on their radar..

other reality as I listed. hes not that much better then their current options, so why would they be interested..

you are living in a hypothetical while im responding with hard facts..

I like Dak and supported him but no longer will support him as the next man up market setting QB, he lost that with yet another really bad stretch especially the 2nd half of the philly game..we lost that game because of him.. we blame coaches ,want Garett's head for this seasons 8-8 record but I saw a QB from NE - Philly that couldn't get it done and no excuse on the injury, if he couldn't get it done he should have tapped out and let us try with Rush..we will never know if Rush could have hit those wide open big plays or not because Dak already choked our season away.

so now im ok with keeping him but im tagging him and not offering him what hes demanding.. if im GM, im offering him 30 with structures that are more team friendly but with him having the ability for bonus ie escalator to get that other 4-5 he might want through things like overall record, each playoff win, big bonus for NFCCG, and the most bonus for a SB.. hollow stats he had during the softer schedule and obvious average to below average against the better teams shows hes not in that 34plus market club , yet..
Listening is not your strong suit. And your analyzing of QB's is even weaker. You are not responsing w/ facts.

Winston is under fire in a big way. There's been a ton of talk about TB moving on.

Trubisky was terrible. Same thing.

Car wants to move on.

Brissett was terrible.

How in the world do you not know this type of stuff? Serious question. What I've given you are the real cold hard facts. You really shouldn't call your own little conjecture facts, you're sounding more and more foolish as we go along.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
if belichick said he liked dak a lot , just imagine the amount of teams that want to sign him right now .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag if Jerry keeps Garrett onboard. Dak wants a new coach that will not hold this team back and growth in his career.
He would have to hold out and bypass the 32 million Franchise Tag...

zeke21

Reaction score
Listening is not your strong suit. And your analyzing of QB's is even weaker. You are not responsing w/ facts.

Winston is under fire in a big way. There's been a ton of talk about TB moving on.

Trubisky was terrible. Same thing.

Car wants to move on.

Brissett was terrible.

How in the world do you not know this type of stuff? Serious question. What I've given you are the real cold hard facts. You really shouldn't call your own little conjecture facts, you're sounding more and more foolish as we go along.
Chicago will stick with Trubisky.. 100%. Carolina will stick with Cam for at least 1 more season.

We all agree Tampa and Indy are the likely options but he is seriously not worth the money being thrown around.

kskboys

Reaction score
Chicago will stick with Trubisky.. 100%. Carolina will stick with Cam for at least 1 more season.

We all agree Tampa and Indy are the likely options but he is seriously not worth the money being thrown around.
Conjecture. Not 100%. CAR has already benched Cam this year, why in the world are you so sure they won't move on?

zeke21

Reaction score
Conjecture. Not 100%. CAR has already benched Cam this year, why in the world are you so sure they won't move on?
Bears stay with trubisky.. you can take that to the bank.

Carolina - just a gut feeling.. Cam is well liked in the locker room.. has proven he has the skills.. has got healthy.. I think they give him a year with a new coach and revamped list and then assess. It is just what I think. Also in this context even if they move on from Cam they don't go for Dak. They know exactly the limitations of having a mobile QB that isn't a great pocket passer.. it would be a sideways move and if it went wrong they would have to answer to their fan base. I see them backing Cam for another season and drafting his replacement and I think he will be a more pure passer with some mobility.

kskboys

Reaction score
Bears stay with trubisky.. you can take that to the bank.

Carolina - just a gut feeling.. Cam is well liked in the locker room.. has proven he has the skills.. has got healthy.. I think they give him a year with a new coach and revamped list and then assess. It is just what I think. Also in this context even if they move on from Cam they don't go for Dak. They know exactly the limitations of having a mobile QB that isn't a great pocket passer.. it would be a sideways move and if it went wrong they would have to answer to their fan base. I see them backing Cam for another season and drafting his replacement and I think he will be a more pure passer with some mobility.
No, you can't. If Dak became available, Bears would dump Trubes in a heartbeat. Which is what this is about.

You may not be aware of the beginning of this argument. A statement was made that there would be no interest in Dak if he became available.

Cam. Of course that's possible, but it's also possible they'd move on to a younger guy who is a much better passer.

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dak will not want the franchise tag. I think it was a minor distraction this year that the expected deal never got done. I don’t believe Dak wants the team going through that again. Unless Jerry insists on an unreasonably long contract, Dak will sign for a reasonable per year amount, but I don’t think he or his agent are willing to sign a 5-6 year deal unless it is near top money guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.