I believe it is time to journey towards future success

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Quit frankly I am so tired of hearing about Prescott after all of these years of disappointment, I don't care if he is re-signed. Actually I'd rather he wasn't and that dallas started over elsewhere.

Don't give me that who else do we have crap when we really don't have much in Prescott at the end of the day.

I don't care about rebuilds and losing seasons towards finding a future successor. I also won't miss Dak and his ineptitude in the playoffs every year.

If a few losing seasons is what we need to move on then so be it. I'd rather that than the inevitable. That's how much this team has broken my Fandom. I am willing to experience failure in order to find success.

I'd also like to see the FO get away from experimental QBs (Romo, Prescott, etc). The FO should also get into drafting QBs higher in the future. I believe that will bring a new avenue of excitement to the fan base. Don't give me the stats on failure of drafting QBs high. So what, It's part of the process of the journey towards a new future success.

And it's not that some of you want to tell me the stats, it's that some of you don't have the patience to wait out success. Impatience shouldn't be a reason to accept the current inevitable failure.

What some of you fans are doing right now is rooting to finance your own disappointment.

A playoff chocker and Stat-padder is what a lot of you are desperate to re-sign to a contract, tells me that a lot of you fans are actually insufferable.

kskboys

Reaction score
Minus the incessant Dak blather, I agree. At some point you have to reset, and I also believe it's time. However, a rebuild takes a competent GM, and we have the worst.

I'm curious, why in the world did you make this thread and fill the first part full of Dak spew? You know that ruins your whole thread, right? The spatter will be in soon to take over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While I agree with the OP in principle ....... I also think he is being a little hard on Prescott, who has been a good regular season QB.

But I also agree that it is time to move on ...... and I also understand we will have some lean years and I am prepared for that.

The problem is that with this teams GM ........ it is almost impossible to have long term success.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Quit frankly I am so tired of hearing about Prescott after all of these years of disappointment, I don't care if he is re-signed. Actually I'd rather he wasn't and that dallas started over elsewhere.

Don't give me that who else do we have crap when we really don't have much in Prescott at the end of the day.

I don't care about rebuilds and losing seasons towards finding a future successor. I also won't miss Dak and his ineptitude in the playoffs every year.

If a few losing seasons is what we need to move on then so be it. I'd rather that than the inevitable. That's how much this team has broken my Fandom. I am willing to experience failure in order to find success.

I'd also like to see the FO get away from experimental QBs (Romo, Prescott, etc). The FO should also get into drafting QBs higher in the future. I believe that will bring a new avenue of excitement to the fan base. Don't give me the stats on failure of drafting QBs high. So what, It's part of the process of the journey towards a new future success.

And it's not that some of you want to tell me the stats, it's that some of you don't have the patience to wait out success. Impatience shouldn't be a reason to accept the current inevitable failure.

What some of you fans are doing right now is rooting to finance your own disappointment.

A playoff chocker and Stat-padder is what a lot of you are desperate to re-sign to a contract, tells me that a lot of you fans are actually insufferable.
Respectfully you seem to be out of touch with how the NFL works.

You don’t have to like Dak but to judge those that do is just as silly as those judging those that don’t. You aren’t any better than what you are trying to claim to be.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am also prepared to move on. However, if Jerry does his stupid thing and extends his contract, I will still root for Dak even knowing he may fail in the playoffs, again. But since he is, and would be the teams QB, I will root for his success, as that means the teams success. Root for TEAM first.

I do not want him to get an extended contract, play out the season, and prove it. I know there is a possibility if he leaves in FA, we will only get a 3rd round pick. And I am ok with that.

But they will be in position to draft a QB, and / or extend Lance unless he leaves in FA also. Knowing Jerry that will be what he would do before drafting a QB round 1 is to extend Lance. And I will be ok with that, depending how he looks in PS games.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am also prepared to move on. However, if Jerry does his stupid thing and extends his contract, I will still root for Dak even knowing he may fail in the playoffs, again. But since he is, and would be the teams QB, I will root for his success, as that means the teams success. Root for TEAM first.

I do not want him to get an extended contract, play out the season, and prove it. I know there is a possibility if he leaves in FA, we will only get a 3rd round pick. And I am ok with that.

But they will be in position to draft a QB, and / or extend Lance unless he leaves in FA also. Knowing Jerry that will be what he would do before drafting a QB round 1 is to extend Lance. And I will be ok with that, depending how he looks in PS games.
Yeah, I can never understand those fans who wish Dak to fail while he's playing for the Cowboys. That's just dumb. I agree with you in rooting for the TEAM first.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Minus the incessant Dak blather, I agree. At some point you have to reset, and I also believe it's time. However, a rebuild takes a competent GM, and we have the worst.

I'm curious, why in the world did you make this thread and fill the first part full of Dak spew? You know that ruins your whole thread, right? The spatter will be in soon to take over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He deserves all the spatter he gets, he'll get even more when he signs the RECORD setting deal we KNOW he will get

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Until Jerry steps down we are just rearranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic....

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Remember Diehard Blues constantly throwing out the 'who do we replace him with' rhetoric when arguing against getting rid of Garrett? The same thing applies now. You know you have something that isn't getting the job done, so why the hell would you stick with it?

The last sentence of the rant - 'A playoff choker and Stat-padder is what a lot of you are desperate to re-sign to a contract, tells me that a lot of you fans are actually insufferable.' - I don't think this is why Dak's fans want him resigned. They want Dak resigned merely because they're Dak fans first. They don't give a spit if Dak gets signed to a 500 mil a season deal that cripples the franchise for the next 50 years, they want him on the roster no matter what. I don't think desperation is the right word to use, insanity fits much better.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I honestly don’t care which direction they go….I just want them to choose a side, not take half measures.

If they go into full rebuild, as a fan….I’m completely fine with that, but don’t just let players walk for comp picks. Trade everyone with any value and stockpile picks. I don’t see Jerry doing that.

If they attempt some sort of ‘we are going to rebuild and win at the same time’ crap, it won’t work.

They need to be all in one way or the other and the Jones twins seem to have a problem defining exactly what that means.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Remember Diehard Blues constantly throwing out the 'who do we replace him with' rhetoric when arguing against getting rid of Garrett? The same thing applies now. You know you have something that isn't getting the job done, so why the hell would you stick with it?

The last sentence of the rant - 'A playoff choker and Stat-padder is what a lot of you are desperate to re-sign to a contract, tells me that a lot of you fans are actually insufferable.' - I don't think this is why Dak's fans want him resigned. They want Dak resigned merely because they're Dak fans first. They don't give a spit if Dak gets signed to a 500 mil a season deal that cripples the franchise for the next 50 years, they want him on the roster no matter what. I don't think desperation is the right word to use, insanity fits much better.
Post of the offseason.

Look no further than some of these fans actually touting his popularity (people love him!!!! Runner-up MVP!!!!!) after 8 years instead of demanding results. Who's next? Who cares? Dak can't win a Super Bowl, and THAT is what matters to me. So roll the dice and get no worse than no Super Bowl except with maybe a higher draft pick. I can deal. The Dallas Cowboys return to glory is what I want, and I don't give a rat's who has to come and go to make that happen. Alas, Jerry does not think that way.

This is not about good guys and bad guys. I don't hate Dak; I have a Dak jersey. I also have a Quincy Carter jersey. Once upon a time, it was time kick him to the curb, too, for the exact same reason. I'll get actually attached to someone when they win something of importance.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am so tired of hearing about Prescott after all of these years of disappointment, I don't care if he is re-signed. Actually I'd rather he wasn't and that dallas started over elsewhere.

IMG-0514.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I honestly don’t care which direction they go….I just want them to choose a side, not take half measures.

If they go into full rebuild, as a fan….I’m completely fine with that, but don’t just let players walk for comp picks. Trade everyone with any value and stockpile picks. I don’t see Jerry doing that.

If they attempt some sort of ‘we are going to rebuild and win at the same time’ crap, it won’t work.

They need to be all in one way or the other and the Jones twins seem to have a problem defining exactly what that means.
Just dragging their feet and delaying the inevitable…

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I remember most on this site thinking “anyone is better than Garrett”…..I don’t remember people wondering what we would do if we lost Garrett lol. Like we can’t go 8-8 without him lol.