I believe it is time to journey towards future success

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For the 2024 season? No way

I was just showing how Purdys playoff numbers were pretty close to Daks in some of the measurables......nothing more, nothing less.

My realistic hope starts after the 2024 season is over
So let me get this straight, you’re giving up before training camp has even started?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Quit frankly I am so tired of hearing about Prescott after all of these years of disappointment, I don't care if he is re-signed. Actually I'd rather he wasn't and that dallas started over elsewhere.

Don't give me that who else do we have crap when we really don't have much in Prescott at the end of the day.

I don't care about rebuilds and losing seasons towards finding a future successor. I also won't miss Dak and his ineptitude in the playoffs every year.

If a few losing seasons is what we need to move on then so be it. I'd rather that than the inevitable. That's how much this team has broken my Fandom. I am willing to experience failure in order to find success.

I'd also like to see the FO get away from experimental QBs (Romo, Prescott, etc). The FO should also get into drafting QBs higher in the future. I believe that will bring a new avenue of excitement to the fan base. Don't give me the stats on failure of drafting QBs high. So what, It's part of the process of the journey towards a new future success.

And it's not that some of you want to tell me the stats, it's that some of you don't have the patience to wait out success. Impatience shouldn't be a reason to accept the current inevitable failure.

What some of you fans are doing right now is rooting to finance your own disappointment.

A playoff chocker and Stat-padder is what a lot of you are desperate to re-sign to a contract, tells me that a lot of you fans are actually insufferable.
I hear you.

And dont misunderstand me i want to get rid of that cancer at the QB position too.

But i dont think a bad season will be the way to our success.

I understand the narrative and the expectations and therefor the hope that is correlated with a bad season: We tanked so we can get high picks. With high picks we wil get a good or great QB. And then we will have succesws again. So we as hardcore fans are willing to go thru that valley of death.

But with our FO we wont be able to find a good player even if we tank and have high picks. In general we are not a good drafting team. And we are not good at finding good QBs, nor are we good at developing one.

This FO is not able to be successful in this league. And whats more they dont even want to.

Flamma

Reaction score
I would be OK with a Dak for Purdy swap. We already know how Dak disappears in the playoffs, so Dallas might actually have a chance of getting the SF monkey off their back.
I don't think anything changes. Other than Dallas getting a younger QB. Don't make the mistake in thinking the difference is QBs. The 49ers are a much better team. I don't think Purdy has as much success here without top level run support.

kskboys

Reaction score
Quit frankly I am so tired of hearing about Prescott after all of these years of disappointment, I don't care if he is re-signed. Actually I'd rather he wasn't and that dallas started over elsewhere.

Don't give me that who else do we have crap when we really don't have much in Prescott at the end of the day.

I don't care about rebuilds and losing seasons towards finding a future successor. I also won't miss Dak and his ineptitude in the playoffs every year.

If a few losing seasons is what we need to move on then so be it. I'd rather that than the inevitable. That's how much this team has broken my Fandom. I am willing to experience failure in order to find success.

I'd also like to see the FO get away from experimental QBs (Romo, Prescott, etc). The FO should also get into drafting QBs higher in the future. I believe that will bring a new avenue of excitement to the fan base. Don't give me the stats on failure of drafting QBs high. So what, It's part of the process of the journey towards a new future success.

And it's not that some of you want to tell me the stats, it's that some of you don't have the patience to wait out success. Impatience shouldn't be a reason to accept the current inevitable failure.

What some of you fans are doing right now is rooting to finance your own disappointment.

A playoff chocker and Stat-padder is what a lot of you are desperate to re-sign to a contract, tells me that a lot of you fans are actually insufferable.
See, told ya.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well if the cowboys are going to rebuild and have a different approach to football, then they need to have a different approach towards the QB position as that is a center peice to building a football team.

Dak and Romo are prime examples of why the FO should stop with experimental QBs that hang around the team for 8 years or more with nothing to show for. I'd like to see what higher round QBs can do within that kind of time instead of bargin bends.
Agree, but you made a perfectly good thread all about Dak. I mean, if that's what you want, more incessant reiteration of Dakspew, OK I guess, but the rest of your post appeared to talk about something else.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agree, but you made a perfectly good thread all about Dak. I mean, if that's what you want, more incessant reiteration of Dakspew, OK I guess, but the rest of your post appeared to talk about something else.
Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak lives in your brain housing group.

kskboys

Reaction score
Any time I or anyone posts something positive about a player, coach etc. the bottom dwellers immediately take the thread down the gutter. Comparing the two sides as equals is a joke and only done by mods because they have to. Just don’t pretend both sides are equally to blame.
They are equal. The sunshine band and the bottom dwellers are equally as bad about ruining threads and insulting others.