I believe it is time to journey towards future success

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Remember Diehard Blues constantly throwing out the 'who do we replace him with' rhetoric when arguing against getting rid of Garrett? The same thing applies now. You know you have something that isn't getting the job done, so why the hell would you stick with it?

The last sentence of the rant - 'A playoff choker and Stat-padder is what a lot of you are desperate to re-sign to a contract, tells me that a lot of you fans are actually insufferable.' - I don't think this is why Dak's fans want him resigned. They want Dak resigned merely because they're Dak fans first. They don't give a spit if Dak gets signed to a 500 mil a season deal that cripples the franchise for the next 50 years, they want him on the roster no matter what. I don't think desperation is the right word to use, insanity fits much better.
IMG-0515.gif

The hate is strong With this one.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Quit frankly I am so tired of hearing about Prescott after all of these years of disappointment, I don't care if he is re-signed. Actually I'd rather he wasn't and that dallas started over elsewhere.

Don't give me that who else do we have crap when we really don't have much in Prescott at the end of the day.

I don't care about rebuilds and losing seasons towards finding a future successor. I also won't miss Dak and his ineptitude in the playoffs every year.

If a few losing seasons is what we need to move on then so be it. I'd rather that than the inevitable. That's how much this team has broken my Fandom. I am willing to experience failure in order to find success.

I'd also like to see the FO get away from experimental QBs (Romo, Prescott, etc). The FO should also get into drafting QBs higher in the future. I believe that will bring a new avenue of excitement to the fan base. Don't give me the stats on failure of drafting QBs high. So what, It's part of the process of the journey towards a new future success.

And it's not that some of you want to tell me the stats, it's that some of you don't have the patience to wait out success. Impatience shouldn't be a reason to accept the current inevitable failure.

What some of you fans are doing right now is rooting to finance your own disappointment.

A playoff chocker and Stat-padder is what a lot of you are desperate to re-sign to a contract, tells me that a lot of you fans are actually insufferable.
Drafting any QB is an experiment. There are no guarantees regardless of round they are drafted in.

Flamma

Reaction score
Quit frankly I am so tired of hearing about Prescott after all of these years of disappointment, I don't care if he is re-signed. Actually I'd rather he wasn't and that dallas started over elsewhere.

Don't give me that who else do we have crap when we really don't have much in Prescott at the end of the day.

I don't care about rebuilds and losing seasons towards finding a future successor. I also won't miss Dak and his ineptitude in the playoffs every year.

If a few losing seasons is what we need to move on then so be it. I'd rather that than the inevitable. That's how much this team has broken my Fandom. I am willing to experience failure in order to find success.

I'd also like to see the FO get away from experimental QBs (Romo, Prescott, etc). The FO should also get into drafting QBs higher in the future. I believe that will bring a new avenue of excitement to the fan base. Don't give me the stats on failure of drafting QBs high. So what, It's part of the process of the journey towards a new future success.

And it's not that some of you want to tell me the stats, it's that some of you don't have the patience to wait out success. Impatience shouldn't be a reason to accept the current inevitable failure.

What some of you fans are doing right now is rooting to finance your own disappointment.

A playoff chocker and Stat-padder is what a lot of you are desperate to re-sign to a contract, tells me that a lot of you fans are actually insufferable.
Stop. Our best chance to win is Dak. we're not winning anything meaningful, but he's our best chance to win. He's better than Lance, and he's better than Rush. That's why we have to pay him a ridiculous amount of money. Because he's better than nobody.

I don't want to go through .500 seasons or 5-11 seasons, I want to be flashy and good in the regular season, crash and burn in the playoffs. Dak gives us the best chance to do that. We should make him the highest paid QB in history. It makes perfect sense. Because hey, really smart people have him as a top 10 QB.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
This is not about good guys and bad guys. I don't hate Dak; I have a Dak jersey. I also have a Quincy Carter jersey. Once upon a time, it was time kick him to the curb, too, for the exact same reason. I'll get actually attached to someone when they win something of importance.
And this reminds me of the big issue I have - I can't name anyone on the roster who I believe actually cares to win anything of importance. The 'bag' is all they care about, that's a much higher priority to them and always will be.

acr731

Reaction score
I remember most on this site thinking “anyone is better than Garrett”…..I don’t remember people wondering what we would do if we lost Garrett lol. Like we can’t go 8-8 without him lol.
You must have missed all of the posts from Diehard.... I swear he was in love with Garrett and fought as hard for him as the Dak stans do for Dak.

acr731

Reaction score
Stop. Our best chance to win is Dak. we're not winning anything meaningful, but he's our best chance to win. He's better than Lance, and he's better than Rush. That's why we have to pay him a ridiculous amount of money. Because he's better than nobody.

I don't want to go through .500 seasons or 5-11 seasons, I want to be flashy and good in the regular season, crash and burn in the playoffs. Dak gives us the best chance to do that. We should make him the highest paid QB in history. It makes perfect sense. Because hey, really smart people have him as a top 10 QB.
You should have ended this post with an /s or /sarcasm. I have no doubt its going to be misunderstood.

acr731

Reaction score
Drafting any QB is an experiment. There are no guarantees regardless of round they are drafted in.
Tom Brady wasn't taken until the 199th pick in the 6th round. Joe Montana was a 3rd rounder. Even Mahomes wasn't picked until #10 overall.

You just never know.

shabazz

Reaction score

Dak moving on would be one of those moves that benefits both parties....I wish him all the best (unless he stays in the NFC, lol)

acr731

Reaction score
Dak moving on would be one of those moves that benefits both parties....I wish him all the best (unless he stays in the NFC, lol)
I would be OK with a Dak for Purdy swap. We already know how Dak disappears in the playoffs, so Dallas might actually have a chance of getting the SF monkey off their back.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure why so many threads and posts start off projecting so much hostility at fellow fans. This fan likes this player. That fan likes that player. Disagreement turns into the Hatfields and McCoys, with both parties having zero say on the player. The coach. The draft. Etc.

In my opinion, the resentment has been misplaced for a long time. Don't like a player? Well. Maybe lob that inner dissatisfaction at the guy signing his check.

/rant

Chasing6

Reaction score
Tom Brady wasn't taken until the 199th pick in the 6th round. Joe Montana was a 3rd rounder. Even Mahomes wasn't picked until #10 overall.

You just never know.
They team around them can be a tremendous advantage or disadvantage.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They team around them can be a tremendous advantage or disadvantage.
True but the player's quarterback potential is mainly determined by their innate assessment abilities, skill set and inner fortitude. Is a player as good as they seem on a good team? Is the player as bad as they seem on a bad team?

These are questions quality general managers should investigate and pre-determine when sizing up their draft options. The draft can be a crap shoot but picking a player should not be the same as throwing mud against a wall and wishing it will stick either.

Chasing6

Reaction score
True but the player's quarterback potential is mainly determined by their innate assessment abilities, skill set and inner fortitude. Is a player as good as they seem on a good team? Is the player as bad as they seem on a bad team?

These are questions quality general managers should investigate and pre-determine when sizing up their draft options. The draft can be a crap shoot but picking a player should not be the same as throwing mud against a wall and wishing it will stick either.
I would take a high floor over a high ceiling all day long every day.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Respectfully you seem to be out of touch with how the NFL works.

You don’t have to like Dak but to judge those that do is just as silly as those judging those that don’t. You aren’t any better than what you are trying to claim to be.
Seems to be a lot of that going around. Frustration at its best....wait! Is that a bird, is that a plane....here he comes to save the day!! I best hide! lol