CFZ I believe the defense has figured it out

USArmyVet

Reaction score
And on the opposite of stopping the run, the Cowboys MUST focus on running the ball. We’ve all seen what happens when teams establish the run. It opens up the passing game with play action. A little RPO thrown in. This is football 101 from the leather helmet days. If you want to win championships, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RUN THE BALL ON OFFENSE, AND STOP THE RUN ON DEFENSE.

So you finally see the light that Dak needs to stop trying to be a passing QB and that he is best being a bus driver like he actually has the skills to be.

shabazz

Reaction score
The defense hasn’t figured anything out yet. They’ve been trying to fix it all year.

This Isn’t a new problem. Words, promises, and speeches don’t mean a thing until it’s backed up and one or two games doesn’t prove it. It must be consistent.

Redline360

Reaction score
As the season progresses most OLs start to gel and lots of tape available for other teams to study. Majority of the time defenses tends to get off to a quicker start in the season.

KC reworked their OL after the superbowl loss. They played like crap early then started to gel and dominate half way through the season.

Teams have schemed Parsons out. It's for DQ to adjust midseason. Rush defense has and will continue to be the achilles heel of this team.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys have been free lancing, I get it, I did it. I'm sure they had a come to Jesus moment in meetings this week. Look for a better product.
No picks from commander playoff would be helpful.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
And on the opposite of stopping the run, the Cowboys MUST focus on running the ball. We’ve all seen what happens when teams establish the run. It opens up the passing game with play action. A little RPO thrown in. This is football 101 from the leather helmet days. If you want to win championships, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RUN THE BALL ON OFFENSE, AND STOP THE RUN ON DEFENSE.

The offense did and had 14 pt lead and when they did in OT they got flagged each time.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Since early LAST year, this defense has prided itself on rushing the passer. DQ has constructed the defense all about rushing the passer. And why not with players like Parsons, DLaw and the rest of the defensive ends? They’re deep with pass rushers. Then 2022 started and teams quickly learned that hell yeah, the Cowboys can rush the passer. That’s what they focus on. That’s what they live by. So we’ll just run the ball at them. And it worked. And Dallas hasn’t adjusted. They have continued to base their defense on rushing the QB.

Post Green Bay game.

Finally, we’re hearing that not only the players, but the coaches have realized that basing your defense on rushing the passer ain’t working. We’ve heard from Quinn. We’ve heard from Parsons. We’ve heard from Kearse and we’ve heard from others that things have changed. True, we have a great pass rushing defense, but unless we stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs to force a passing situation, we’re gonna lose. Our pass rushing defense means squat unless we do so. For the first time EVER, the Cowboys have given up back to back over 200 yards rushing. Any defense that can’t stop the run is more than likely gonna lose I don’t care who you have at QB.

Quinn should’ve realized this earlier. That’s on him for not doing so. He has told the team now finally to stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs. They’re still 6-3 and in the thick of things. Many here have quit. Given up. Shame on you.
Lol you disappeared after the 49er loss, you couldn't own up to you were wrong lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
Since early LAST year, this defense has prided itself on rushing the passer. DQ has constructed the defense all about rushing the passer. And why not with players like Parsons, DLaw and the rest of the defensive ends? They’re deep with pass rushers. Then 2022 started and teams quickly learned that hell yeah, the Cowboys can rush the passer. That’s what they focus on. That’s what they live by. So we’ll just run the ball at them. And it worked. And Dallas hasn’t adjusted. They have continued to base their defense on rushing the QB.

Post Green Bay game.

Finally, we’re hearing that not only the players, but the coaches have realized that basing your defense on rushing the passer ain’t working. We’ve heard from Quinn. We’ve heard from Parsons. We’ve heard from Kearse and we’ve heard from others that things have changed. True, we have a great pass rushing defense, but unless we stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs to force a passing situation, we’re gonna lose. Our pass rushing defense means squat unless we do so. For the first time EVER, the Cowboys have given up back to back over 200 yards rushing. Any defense that can’t stop the run is more than likely gonna lose I don’t care who you have at QB.

Quinn should’ve realized this earlier. That’s on him for not doing so. He has told the team now finally to stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs. They’re still 6-3 and in the thick of things. Many here have quit. Given up. Shame on you.
I haven’t quit. We stop the run for 4 or 5 series and we are good. IF our Offense puts points on the board. If we get up by 14 or 17 points then teams will have to start passing more. That’s what was happening. We would stop the run a few times and put points up and teams went to pass on first down and we sack them setting up longer 2nd and 3rd downs.

Then we had a game we kept getting burned by runs off the edge. We stopped that but teams figured out they could run when we stunt. Last few games have been a jail break. I blame Quin for not working on this during bye week. Guess he thought teams would forget about it. Now they have to address it. I am pissed about the packers game. 14 point lead and neither our Defense would stop the run or sack rogers when needed nor our Offense would run the ball and burn the clock or score to put it out of reach.

Concentrate on stopping it for a a while. Get points and pin your ears back. Offense needs to put up points. 28 should have been enough when we were only allowing 16 or 17 per game. Bet this week they will try to run more.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
What gets me most is, since our PO lost to the rams several years ago, we knew our run D was bad and it is still bad today. Pretty much what Jed and Jethro have done is put a band aid on a gun shot wound and hope it stops the bleeding.

IrishAnto

Reaction score

Post Green Bay game.

Show Me!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As the season progresses most OLs start to gel and lots of tape available for other teams to study. Majority of the time defenses tends to get off to a quicker start in the season.

KC reworked their OL after the superbowl loss. They played like crap early then started to gel and dominate half way through the season.

Teams have schemed Parsons out. It's for DQ to adjust midseason. Rush defense has and will continue to be the achilles heel of this team.
It shouldn't be possible to scheme Parson out. He should be moving around like he was when he was most effective.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
When they went one and done last year he disappeared for months ....... he is the proverbial "dish it out but cannot take it".

Leave him alone, how dare you criticize the HoF author of the legendary Red Zone Rocky Thread. Who else would start a thread and provide evidence contradicting his own point......pure class.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I subscribe to what Micah was saying which was basically guys were more interested in getting sacks then covering their assignments in the running game.

And of course this makes sense because defensive lineman with big sack numbers command higher prices in free agency and every one of these guys know They are only months from having to test the market so why not up their value.

Micah is at the heart of that problem. And I am sure he is talking about himself in all that. He needs to set an example and take pride in stopping the run. Start shooting those gaps instead of waiting for the lineman to get to you. The nickel defense doesnt help either.