CFZ I believe the defense has figured it out

Praxit

Reaction score
Well, it's now or never.

This game might be pivotal.point. Good test for whole team.

Gotta beat the contenders, to contend.

I feel Dallas will take care of business. That will sit good for the week.

Flamma

Reaction score
Since early LAST year, this defense has prided itself on rushing the passer. DQ has constructed the defense all about rushing the passer. And why not with players like Parsons, DLaw and the rest of the defensive ends? They’re deep with pass rushers. Then 2022 started and teams quickly learned that hell yeah, the Cowboys can rush the passer. That’s what they focus on. That’s what they live by. So we’ll just run the ball at them. And it worked. And Dallas hasn’t adjusted. They have continued to base their defense on rushing the QB.

Post Green Bay game.

Finally, we’re hearing that not only the players, but the coaches have realized that basing your defense on rushing the passer ain’t working. We’ve heard from Quinn. We’ve heard from Parsons. We’ve heard from Kearse and we’ve heard from others that things have changed. True, we have a great pass rushing defense, but unless we stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs to force a passing situation, we’re gonna lose. Our pass rushing defense means squat unless we do so. For the first time EVER, the Cowboys have given up back to back over 200 yards rushing. Any defense that can’t stop the run is more than likely gonna lose I don’t care who you have at QB.

Quinn should’ve realized this earlier. That’s on him for not doing so. He has told the team now finally to stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs. They’re still 6-3 and in the thick of things. Many here have quit. Given up. Shame on you.

We can only hope. Our guys aren't bad, maybe a change in scheme is needed. I was always under the impression that you don't pin your ears back unless it is 3rd and long. But you have to get to 3rd and long by stopping the first two downs. What D is all in on pass rushing on 2nd and 5? Maybe they were too focused on pass rushing on 1st and 10? I could see that being a problem.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nobody's quitting on anything you whining little drama queen.

Just maybe fans are a little frustrated that problems are never anticipated with this franchise and we are always closing the barn door after the horse has run away.
No, many have quit. But as soon as the Cowboys win a couple they’ll be back on the band wagon queen.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So you finally see the light that Dak needs to stop trying to be a passing QB and that he is best being a bus driver like he actually has the skills to be.
A Dak hater trying to turn EVERY thread into a hate Dak thread. Get a life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I guess I’m in the minority but I don’t care about our opponents run game as much as I do giving up big plays down field to Christian Watson for example.
Yep, you’re in the minority. Championship winning football is being able to run the ball on offense, and stop the run on defense.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since early LAST year, this defense has prided itself on rushing the passer. DQ has constructed the defense all about rushing the passer. And why not with players like Parsons, DLaw and the rest of the defensive ends? They’re deep with pass rushers. Then 2022 started and teams quickly learned that hell yeah, the Cowboys can rush the passer. That’s what they focus on. That’s what they live by. So we’ll just run the ball at them. And it worked. And Dallas hasn’t adjusted. They have continued to base their defense on rushing the QB.

Post Green Bay game.

Finally, we’re hearing that not only the players, but the coaches have realized that basing your defense on rushing the passer ain’t working. We’ve heard from Quinn. We’ve heard from Parsons. We’ve heard from Kearse and we’ve heard from others that things have changed. True, we have a great pass rushing defense, but unless we stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs to force a passing situation, we’re gonna lose. Our pass rushing defense means squat unless we do so. For the first time EVER, the Cowboys have given up back to back over 200 yards rushing. Any defense that can’t stop the run is more than likely gonna lose I don’t care who you have at QB.

Quinn should’ve realized this earlier. That’s on him for not doing so. He has told the team now finally to stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs. They’re still 6-3 and in the thick of things. Many here have quit. Given up. Shame on you.

thanks for posting the accurate analysis of last game Rockport....and most of this is on Quinn.....this is he will or wont make his bones......and of that is so so so much easier said than done.....but i am hoping Rock

that acknowledging it coaches and team that emphasis to shut down run will be implemented whatever course of action Quinn deems good.....we had a short run with "RusH" as very decent even good game manager

and our defesne was killing it.....so now Quinn must adjust....we have the players to do it.....since 2018 playoff loss to Rams getting "gashed" in run game is too frequent with this team....but if we dont stop Run

only the times of fortune when its tied going into TO...and somehow we win.....it really crushes at the heart of team and coaches when you get "gashed" whether running ball or passing....but get continually "gashed"

by part of the game....I believe Quinn helps to fix this....our season depends on it...unless we go into shootouts and win a lot....Dak needs help

kskboys

Reaction score
I guess I’m in the minority but I don’t care about our opponents run game as much as I do giving up big plays down field to Christian Watson for example.
Since we're losing because we can't stop the run, you are in the tiny minority, yes!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I watched Ridgeway play last week. He had that one forced fumble on Goedert about 10 yards beyond the LOS but other than that he pretty much just got pushed around. That's not to say he won't be a good player next year or the year after, but he would not help this year, I don't think. I am not saying the Cowboys did not make a big mistake cutting him and trying to sneak him onto the practice squad, I think they did considering they protected less important positions than DT when they did it.
Ridgeway has all the appearances of a career backup JAG. He's simply too slow. Playing NT is not just about being big, it's about quickness off the snap, lateral agility, anchoring ability.

I have no idea why so many believe that a NT is strictly about size.

kskboys

Reaction score
What gets me most is, since our PO lost to the rams several years ago, we knew our run D was bad and it is still bad today. Pretty much what Jed and Jethro have done is put a band aid on a gun shot wound and hope it stops the bleeding.
And keep drafting 3 techs who can't stop the run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
so don’t count on the bigger 2nd yr player in bohanna but should have counted on the lighter rookie while lamenting smaller guys?
What don't you guys understand about simply keeping big DTs and building them up? Bohanna has done ok, but one expected more from him by now since this is his 2nd season and has had a chance to get stronger and learn the system better. Ridgeway is making some plays right now as a rookie for the Commanders, while last year Bohanna was not as a rookie for the Cowboys. See the difference and how it looks good for the Commanders that Ridgeway is going to be better for them next year. Ridgeway should have been here, but Dan Quinn is an impatient little butthole like some of you are. Don't have the vision that other teams' coaches do. Same goes for Connor Williams kicking *** as the best Center in the NFL for the Dolphins this year after the Cowboys cut him this past Spring. It's becoming clearer and clearer the Cowboys don't have the smartest coaches or the smartest fans.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Post Green Bay game.

Quinns Defense was built and schemed to be pass rush first and foremost.
Being better vs the run at this point in the season will result in much less pressure on the QB.
This defensive roster simply does not support that narrative of being better vs the run.
It is picking your poison, and Q had to make a decision considering what he was being given, and considering what he had at his disposal it was a rushing defense first.