I believe Tyron will re-sign

Carson

Reaction score
As an older vet Tyron might not be pushing to sign anywhere right now. Maybe he will wait until after OTAs before he signs with anyone.

But it is surprising to me that the Cowboys have no made any attempts to sign any of their own free agents. They let 2 DEs go. There's been no word on Gilmore or Lewis. I thought they would try to sign at least of othe Edge guys, and one of the CBs. Now they are thin at both positions. If they are hoping the draft will fix this, I think that is a bad strategy.

Then again, who knows. Maybe they think Eric Scott can replace Lewis or Gilmore. And Fehoko can replace Armstrong. I wonder how much influence Zimmer has on all of this.
Armstrong was going to get paid. We drafted Sam Williams two years ago so it’s time to let him play.

Fowler is a Quinn guy and Fehoko/Golston need to step up.

CB makes me worry. But we can still bring Lewis back

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I was ready for him to walk before last year.... but he was fantastic in 2023 and I hope like hell he returns. At this point in his career, money can not possibly be the driving force for where he signs.
If they can squeeze 12-13 games out of him near the level he played at in 2023, I'd love to see him back.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The boys hope his price falls to vet minimum but we will see. Other teams might be willing to pay more as stephen is being ultra cheap this year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do you all think it was a miracle that Tyron made it through 14 games last season. Love him as a player but his body is a ticking time bomb. Time to move on.

Verdict

Reaction score
In his prime Tyron was a beast. But he is long past his prime. We should have moved on years ago from the idea that Tyron is a starter.

Cheap, backup 3rd or 4th OT on your roster, that’s a possibility. But beyond that, we are spinning our wheels.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
In his prime Tyron was a beast. But he is long past his prime. We should have moved on years ago from the idea that Tyron is a starter.

Cheap, backup 3rd or 4th OT on your roster, that’s a possibility. But beyond that, we are spinning our wheels.
I think I’ve changed my tune on him versus two years ago, because I like a lot of the depth that got a chance to play last year and trust them more. My hope is that he if he were to start getting hurt again, we can easily replace him. It’s a win-win scenario because if he stays healthy, he was the best lineman last year. In some ways, even though I believe he was the best lineman last year, he may just be a blocker now if our young guys can come out and play like they did the last game of the season. But I worry that wasn’t a good trial, because Washington was already closing down the season.