I blame Moore and McCarthy for Daks injury

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never was a fan of running with the qb for this reason. Didn’t like it last year with Garrett and Moore allowing it to be used and using it so much and the same this year. Qb sneaks for a yard or 2 r different. Dak doesn’t and wouldn’t know how to go down easy and this is the risk with it. It was a nice play call but you save that one for a big time moment in a playoff game not against a winless powerless giants team when u r moving the ball with zero problem. I blame the coaching for this injury.
If you blame anyone for this injury, you don't know Jack!!!! That's football, grow a pair!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mahomes, Watson, Arizona and Baltimore dudes, Buffalo dude...all the top qb's in the league have that part of their aresenal. Enough said, that is part of Dak's game
This…^^^^^

Cmac

Reaction score
Can’t play scared
Any player can be injured on any play
Even a QB in the pocket
....more the reason JJ should have committed to him. The organization will soon be ready to abandon him like some on this board. He put everything on the line, overachieved, and became the leader. Yes he made mistakes, but so did TRomo.....now what JJ?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What I noticed was Dak did not go down into a slide like he has been told to do.

Previous to that play..

Dak consistently would slide and protect himself.

Additionally it was close to a horse collar tackle at first look.

Romo ended his career not sliding and suffered for it.

You can bet Dalton is going to be told DO NOT RUN.

We will see.

Dak was stiff-arming the guy, which I've seen him do more often than slide. Poor tackling technique caused the injury, but that happens in football.

gettyimages-1168473102-e1568574925936.jpg

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He never goes down into a slide which is why I blame not only Moore for the call but McCarthy for allowing the call to happen. Great coaches know their players and what they want to do, what they can do and what they can't do. It's that simple. You know Dak fights for yards which is a good thing but you only use it when you really need too because you know he's not going to just slide.
I have seen Dak go into a slide right in an open field when the tackler was approaching.

And the game was on the line and Dak was giving his best effort. I have no agenda about who did what..

or who is responsible etc. Injuries are a part of the game.

star-ving

Reaction score
Never was a fan of running with the qb for this reason. Didn’t like it last year with Garrett and Moore allowing it to be used and using it so much and the same this year. Qb sneaks for a yard or 2 r different. Dak doesn’t and wouldn’t know how to go down easy and this is the risk with it. It was a nice play call but you save that one for a big time moment in a playoff game not against a winless powerless giants team when u r moving the ball with zero problem. I blame the coaching for this injury.
You run a 240lb QB every now and then...Or we become predictable. And thats what everybody whines about.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Anybody blame Moore and Big Mac for Dak catching a pass and scoring a TD?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You run a 240lb QB every now and then...Or we become predictable. And thats what everybody whines about.
No we become predictable with the same bs and no creativity like the Rams and Seahawks.

jjktkk

Reaction score
No it’s not because he didn’t need to be running there.
It would be the same thing if Dak was flushed from the pocket and had to run for a 1st down. Quite a few of the QBs in the league are dual threats. Bad luck.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
....more the reason JJ should have committed to him. The organization will soon be ready to abandon him like some on this board. He put everything on the line, overachieved, and became the leader. Yes he made mistakes, but so did TRomo.....now what JJ?
If he had a career ending injury he’d lose a ton of money
But jerry would take care of him as he has others
I can think of a couple of players jerry has who he knew wouldn’t play
But I suspect Dak will be just fine in time and get even more money than he would have gotten last year

conner01

Reaction score
It would be the same thing if Dak was flushed from the pocket and to run for a 1st down. Quite a few of the QBs in the league are dual threats. Bad luck.
Lots of QB’s have had terrible injuries in the pocket
Football is a violent game but you can’t play scared

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dak was stiff-arming the guy, which I've seen him do more often than slide. Poor tackling technique caused the injury, but that happens in football.

gettyimages-1168473102-e1568574925936.jpg
Stiff arming the tackler is not recommended.

You are the QB.

Cover the ball and protect yourself.

Dak did not do it.

Hateful what happened.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It would be the same thing if Dak was flushed from the pocket and to run for a 1st down. Quite a few of the QBs in the league are dual threats. Bad luck.
Could be but also could be Dak knowing it's a run for him and trying a little extra hard to impose his will on the game by doing a little extra. It's not a normal play and sometimes injuries happen more on not normal plays.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I mean on any given play, any single player can get injured. Lamar Jackson if he didn't run would be a no one. That is the risk you take. We were lucky for years and nothing ever happened to Dak. He has never missed a game before this season. He's a tough sob. I don't blame Moore for this.

What I do blame Moore for is his craptasitc playcalling on the game tying FG drive on 1st and 2nd downs before we kicked a FG.
Watching Russell scramble, I noticed he gets down or runs out of bounds. Dak injured his shoulder in a similar fashion against the Rams last season. You need to take the 5 and get down. I have to rewatch but that might of been a dirty play. The Rams linebacker drove Dak’s shoulder into the ground on purpose.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Watching Russell scramble, I noticed he gets down or runs out of bounds. Dak injured his shoulder in a similar fashion against the Rams last season. You need to take the 5 and get down. I have to rewatch but that might of been a dirty play. The Rams linebacker drove Dak’s shoulder into the ground on purpose.

But that has nothing to do with Moore. Dak is going to do what he does when in the middle of his run. I for one wanted to use the threat of his legs more often. Even if he doesn't run, just that threat can pull the defense in and open up down field.
Injuries happen in sports. Gruesome, too.

Luckily I don't think it will be RG3 and Alex Smith devastating. RG3 was never the same after his injury in the 2012 playoff game. Heck, he was playing on one leg against us to end the season to go to the playoffs.