I blame Moore and McCarthy for Daks injury

king987

Reaction score
I agree you have to protect the QB, but the O-Line is in shambles. Gotta do whatever ya can to keep the defense guessing. One of their best weapons is (was) Dak's ability to run.

I mean, my biggest worry now is that Dalton is going to get destroyed by the pass rush.

Jake0

Reaction score
Dak doesn't really back down in situations where he has 1 guy to beat, he tries to run through them. He might need to start running more Russel Wilson style to avoid freak accidents, especially playing on a tag. Tough runs have always been his identity though, too bad.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never was a fan of running with the qb for this reason. Didn’t like it last year with Garrett and Moore allowing it to be used and using it so much and the same this year. Qb sneaks for a yard or 2 r different. Dak doesn’t and wouldn’t know how to go down easy and this is the risk with it. It was a nice play call but you save that one for a big time moment in a playoff game not against a winless powerless giants team when u r moving the ball with zero problem. I blame the coaching for this injury.
It was a STUPID play call. Why are they paying Zeke millions of dollars and calling plays for Dak to run? Especially against the G-men?

mldardy

Reaction score
Never was a fan of running with the qb for this reason. Didn’t like it last year with Garrett and Moore allowing it to be used and using it so much and the same this year. Qb sneaks for a yard or 2 r different. Dak doesn’t and wouldn’t know how to go down easy and this is the risk with it. It was a nice play call but you save that one for a big time moment in a playoff game not against a winless powerless giants team when u r moving the ball with zero problem. I blame the coaching for this injury.
This is absolutely ridiculous. QB's run on designed plays. That's has been that why in the NFL for a while now. Expecting the QB to stay in the pocket and never leave it is silly. It's football injuries happen. He could have gotten injured standing in the pocket and throwing the ball.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
This is absolutely ridiculous. QB's run on designed plays. That's has been that why in the NFL for a while now. Expecting the QB to stay in the pocket and never leave it is silly. It's football injuries happen. He could have gotten injured standing in the pocket and throwing the ball.
CAN'T WAIT to see for all you knocking me how many DESIGNED running plays he gets when he comes back. That'll prove my point 100%.

mldardy

Reaction score
CAN'T WAIT to see for all you knocking me how many DESIGNED running plays he gets when he comes back. That'll prove my point 100%.
Awesome you can't. :facepalm: He's still going to run. You can't coach or play being scared of an injury. Like I said this is football, guys are going to get hurt you can't stop calling certain plays because a player got hurt. You saw Alex Smith today. He came back from a injury just as bad if not worse than Dak from a sack. Did you see him go down in a fetal position as soon as the ball was snapped? NO.

Swanny

Reaction score
I loved the play call. It's football. Injuries happen.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It was a fluke thing to happen, we've seen Dak run that play quite a few times. Unless that was the goal line or a 4th down play he didn't need to fight for more yards there.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
partially on Dak too. he tried to arm tackle the defender and get an extra couple of yards...instead of sliding and getting up to run the next play...I understand the competitive spirit. but you have to be smart....

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
partially on Dak too. he tried to arm tackle the defender and get an extra couple of yards...instead of sliding and getting up to run the next play...I understand the competitive spirit. but you have to be smart....

My point of why Im upset with the coaching staff more so McCarthy. You know he's going to fight for every inch and try to make a statement to pump up the team. Don't call the play and don't call any designed QB draws unless a crucial part of the game is on the line.

Dre11

Reaction score
that's twice in 2 years back to back DAK has been hurt running and it could cause the season. Last season with the shoulder ruined the game vs Philly and now this.

khiladi

Reaction score
Didn’t Dak take off, because he chose not to throw it.. Dak always tried to muscle himself out of defenders. I can’t even recall if he ever slid.

Zman5

Reaction score
Most of Romo's big injuries were from getting whacked in the pocket. It's football.