I bought a Trey Lance jersey

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They signed Darnold well before the trade to Dallas. Come on man. It is not hard to figure out.

https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-sign-quarterback-sam-darnold-one-year-deal-nfl-free-agency

They signed Darnold to a $4.5M deal. Then he beats out Trancce and he gets traded to Dallas.

If they had any faith in Trance, they would not have even signed Darnold to begin with.

They knew when they signed Darnold he was their number 2. You don't pay an emergency QB $4.5M. Same reason Trance will beat out Rush this year no matter what.
No.

With Lance being traded, they pulled him from practice.

Darnold became their QB2 by default.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still in therapy over that one.
Yeah that still bugs me in a way.

I was living in South Florida at the time. When I went to work that Monday, everyone just said thank you, that was a gift. Except one very arrogant fan.

I calmly told him to enjoy the win, it will be your last and we will not lose another game.
Sure enough, Miami lost the rest of their games and missed the playoffs. As Miami was 9-2 after that win. Dallas of course won out right on through the SB.

Every week Miami lost, Dallas won, I did not say a week to that guy just looked and tried not to smile.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You got jokes today.
Except that contract is expiring. And soon.

And if he holds out….

Lance starts.

8)
Dak is not holding out. There is no “if” except IF Lance is the better quarterback he will beat out an experienced quarterback that is in camp. He either can, or he can’t. Under no circumstance will Dak Prescott hold out. He wants to be a free agent and “holding out” jeopardizes that. Pay Dak or lose Dak. No “if” about that, either. Lance couldn’t start for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Don’t tell Jerry. It would only hurt his feelings.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dak is not holding out. There is no “if” except IF Lance is the better quarterback he will beat out an experienced quarterback that is in camp. He either can, or he can’t. Under no circumstance will Dak Prescott hold out. He wants to be a free agent and “holding out” jeopardizes that. Pay Dak or lose Dak. No “if” about that, either. Lance couldn’t start for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Don’t tell Jerry. It would only hurt his feelings.
True.

Dak can’t hold out.

He can’t force Dallas into a new contract.

and everyone knows why. 8)