I bought a Trey Lance jersey

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Troy could have set all kinds of passing records. But they did not have or need that type of team.
He did not care about stats, he cared about winning.
He said that if he was told he would not complete a pass all season long, but they would win the SB. He said he would take that gladly.
Aikman was so concussion prone he may not have lasted 8 seasons in a pass happy offense. Even when the Cowboys had great teams he was suffering concussions. He suffered one in the conference title game in 93 and he said had they had a concussion protocol back then he probably wouldn’t have been cleared to play for the Super Bowl. He said he still didn’t feel right heading into the game. He rarely tried to extend a play by moving outside the pocket. He would hang in the pocket and take the hit.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The game in Atlanta the Sunday before the snow TG game in 93, he was injured on his first carry (zero yard gain). He did not return, and also missed the game four days later. They lost both. That team was 0-4 without him and 15-0 with him.

Cowboy Roy once mentioned that Aikman never won a game without Emmitt, which I found to be tough to believe, so I did the research.

Shockingly true. Unless I missed something, Aikman has never won an NFL game that Smith didn’t play in.
This just proves that it takes a team. Aikman needed Emmitt, Emmitt needed Aikman, and so on and so forth.

I'm going to take a ton of heat for this, but I will say that if you put Dak Prescott on last year's 49ers, surrounded by that running game and support from that defense, he is in the Super Bowl.

I also say that if you put Brock Purdy on last year's Cowboys, with the way the entire team looked against Green Bay, they still would have been one and done.

The Cowboys have proven time and again since 1996 that they are not capable of building a team around the strengths and weaknesses of the starting quarterback. Not saying the QB has ALWAYS been blameless, but TEAMS win Super Bowls; not one player or group of players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I find it amusing that some fans are getting all juiced up over Trey Lance. Some are still hung up over his top 5 draft status. Every QB the 49ers have used since Shanahan became the coach has had success except Lance. I get he had some injuries but so did Jimmy G. Purdy was coming off elbow surgery and still beat Lance out. Even Sam Darnold who won the backup job looked good subbing for Purdy against Baltimore. Lance was completing under 55 percent of his passes with a passer rating of 84.5 on a great football team loaded with talent. You have fans on this board predicting he will be our next franchise QB. :rolleyes: If he couldn’t succeed with San Francisco, good luck with him succeeding here. One fan is predicting he’ll take over for Dak by mid season and lead us deep in the playoffs. :laugh:If Lance takes over for Dak by mid season it’s because he’s injured and we’ll likely miss the playoffs. Some of you need to come back down to earth.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I find it amusing that some fans are getting all juiced up over Trey Lance. lol Every QB the 49ers have used since Shanahan became the coach has had success except Lance. I get he had some injuries but so did Jimmy G. Purdy was coming off elbow surgery and still beat Lance out. Even Sam Darnold who won the backup job looked good subbing for Purdy against Baltimore. Lance was completing under 55 percent of his passes with a passer rating of 84.5. You have fans on this board predicting he will be our next franchise QB. :rolleyes: One fan is predicting he’ll take over for Dak by mid season and lead us deep in the playoffs. :laugh:If Lance takes over for Dak by mid season it’s because he’s injured and we’ll likely miss the playoffs. Some of you need to come back down to earth.
First off I agree with everything you said. But I want to add one more thing to this.

We don't know what the 49ers thought of Lance. But we DO know they have a Super Bowl ready team. So once they found out Brock Purdy could handle the job, maybe they just no longer saw any need to wait for Lance to develop. They are a "win now" team and decided not to wait around for Lance to take his lumps.

Purdy and Darnold looked better than Lance in SF simply because both have played infinitely more football than he has; even going back to high school.

A strong preseason by Lance means Cooper Rush is gone, that is my prediction.

plymkr

Reaction score
Okay let me get this straight. We’re at a point now where Troy Aikman is used to devalue Trey Lance.

Wow!!!

I got 2 things to say in this.
1. Troy Aikman is a first ballot HOFer. 3 time Super Bowl champion, arguably the most accurate QB in NFL history. What’s there to complain about?
2. As far as Lance goes, why is any Cowboys’ fan rooting against someone wearing the star?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
First off I agree with everything you said. But I want to add one more thing to this.

We don't know what the 49ers thought of Lance. But we DO know they have a Super Bowl ready team. So once they found out Brock Purdy could handle the job, maybe they just no longer saw any need to wait for Lance to develop. They are a "win now" team and decided not to wait around for Lance to take his lumps.

Purdy and Darnold looked better than Lance in SF simply because both have played infinitely more football than he has; even going back to high school.

We know they thought very highly of Lance when they drafted him. They gave up the farm to move up and draft him. Even though Purdy has looked good, you never see a team give up on a QB they invested so much in after only 2 seasons. Shanahan recently admitted Lance was a mistake. They obviously saw no hope in him to move on as quickly as they did for only a 4th round pick. No one but the Cowboys and Bills were interested in trading for him. The Bills only offered a 5th. You certainly aren’t going out on a limb by saying a strong preseason by Lance will mean the end of Cooper Rush. The Cowboys have already said that Lance will get the majority of the preseason snaps so it’s already looking bad for Rush.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Okay let me get this straight. We’re at a point now where Troy Aikman is used to devalue Trey Lance.

Wow!!!

1. Troy Aikman is a first ballot HOFer. 3 time Super Bowl champion, arguably the most accurate QB in NFL history. What’s there to complain about?
2. As far as Lance goes, why is any Cowboys’ fan rooting against someone wearing the star?
:hammer:I support ANY player in a Cowboys uniform. If they do well that means the team does well. Just a little fact that escapes too many fans.

plymkr

Reaction score
:hammer:I support ANY player in a Cowboys uniform. If they do well that means the team does well. Just a little fact that escapes too many fans.
Right on. That’s how it should be. Every player on every Sunday that wears the Star I want to ball out. My overriding personal agenda about the Cowboys is victories, especially playoff victories, any other personal opinions go out the window.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score

Wow!!!

Tired of people trashing Aikman!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I plan to wear it kickoff, week 1.

Here’s hoping one day it’s worth a fortune and he’s a multi time sb champion ! Yeehaw!!

Anyone else own one?
lol, you just stuffed at least a Cnote in Jerrys pocket, he loves you.

Praxit

Reaction score
....Gee, I really need watecolors right now. ;)..

ATXSRT

Reaction score
How do you know which ones to invest in?
Any of his rookie autographed cards. Rookie patch autographs, any rated rookies, etc... If he sniffs the field this year they will 5x in value. Probably more if we trade him to a QB needy team and he starts.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Troy could have set all kinds of passing records. But they did not have or need that type of team.
He did not care about stats, he cared about winning.
He said that if he was told he would not complete a pass all season long, but they would win the SB. He said he would take that gladly.
So when Emmitt missed games, did they need that type of team? And if so why did it not happen???

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So when Emmitt missed games, did they need that type of team? And if so why did it not happen???
They did not fear the run game, so keyed on playing the pass better.

As no need to stack the box because of no run game last year. But they still did not fear Dak either., not the better defenses.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They did not fear the run game, so keyed on playing the pass better.

As no need to stack the box because of no run game last year. But they still did not fear Dak either., not the better defenses.
So how does Dak have his stats with no run game?

Chasing6

Reaction score

We knew exactly what the Niners thought of Trance, that is why they traded 3 #1 picks for him. Then they released what he actually was and traded him away for a 4th and they were ecstatic about it.