I Cannot See The Game On My Television

Sammy

Reaction score
yeh that appears to be the most immediate, and best bet for now with an outside antenna to place
near a reception window or hang outside the window.

One can get the local channels affiliated with Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC

And stores like Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. may sell such outdoor antenna tools.
if needed in an immediate pinch. They come cheaper online such as Ebay and Amazon.

Not a bad idea to buy one in store or online, and always have it handy, in case internet goes nuts for whatever reason.

ef4a108db2d2c4a28ed4ab2bebff1a42.jpg
I have one of these that gets 60 channels but I have to hang it in a south window. Some people say they just put it behind their TV to hide it, but mine doesn't work that way. Oh, and get one that has an amplifier.

HanD

Reaction score
I have one of these that gets 60 channels but I have to hang it in a south window. Some people say they just put it behind their TV to hide it, but mine doesn't work that way. Oh, and get one that has an amplifier.
I have had several and some work better than others. My original one that is a hollow oval shape I put near an outside wall and have no issues. My latest one is middle of my house behind drywall between studs and behind my oled and picks up main channels fine with no amplifier.

But yeah when in doubt get one with an amplifier. They have gotten way better in recent years.

HanD

Reaction score
Antennas CAN be tricky. Most work with good selection, "installation", and strong local services. The best most reliable are roof or attic mounted.
Yeah I think it all depends on where you live and how close to the city or broadcasting stations. I'm not too far outside dc so I don't have any problems even without amplifiers.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Get an ota antenna for your house. $30 and you can watch at home on NBC.
And if you're in a city big enough to have "Eagles bars," you probably have a strong enough signal that you don't need a great antenna.

If you're handy at all, you can find plans on the internet and make a good one with hardware store materials for probably $10-15.

Staubacher

Reaction score
My TV box has malfunctioned and the cable company can't come until tomorrow. There is no Cowboys bar in Naples--nearest real Cowboys bar is two hours away in Sarasota. Looks like I go to one of the two Eagles bars here. I need Dak and Co. to put a whooping on the Fecals today, as I want to see bird tears at the South Street Grill tonight!!

I did predict a 17-point victory. I need that to come true.
Every bar in town will be showing the game why settle for an Eagles bar?

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
And if you're in a city big enough to have "Eagles bars," you probably have a strong enough signal that you don't need a great antenna.

If you're handy at all, you can find plans on the internet and make a good one with hardware store materials for probably $10-15.
Lots of people here from the Northeast. Eagles, Jets, Bills, Giants are well-represented in SW Florida.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
My TV box has malfunctioned and the cable company can't come until tomorrow. There is no Cowboys bar in Naples--nearest real Cowboys bar is two hours away in Sarasota. Looks like I go to one of the two Eagles bars here. I need Dak and Co. to put a whooping on the Fecals today, as I want to see bird tears at the South Street Grill tonight!!

Not sure who your provider is, but Xfinity allows you to log into your account and stream your entire package online. So I have firesticks in my sports room with the Xfinity app loaded. i can log into xfinity using a firestick and watch any channel available on my cable package.

Not complicated and I would bet your cable company, no matter who it is allows you to stream.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
yeh that appears to be the most immediate, and best bet for now with an outside antenna to place
near a reception window or hang outside the window.

One can get the local channels affiliated with Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC

And stores like Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. may sell such outdoor antenna tools.
if needed in an immediate pinch. They come cheaper online such as Ebay and Amazon.

Not a bad idea to buy one in store or online, and always have it handy, in case internet goes nuts for whatever reason.

ef4a108db2d2c4a28ed4ab2bebff1a42.jpg
I bought a "Powered," antenna and mounted it in my attic. I have a 2 story house, so the attic is pretty high up. I live about 70 miles from Sacramento which is where my "Local," affiliates are located. My signals on the various networks was always hit and miss. So much so there is no way I could gamble using it on NFL games. So now, I just stream into my sports room and took that antenna down.

HanD

Reaction score
I’m not rich, but I am very comfortable. I do live in Naples, so I’m not starving!
If you have Internet you can watch the game on the NFL or NBC app if you have a smart tv. No need for youtubetv unless you already have it.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
The only reason I have cable is watching the Cowboys. Oce the season is over I'm ditching the cable aide and just keep internet.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bought a "Powered," antenna and mounted it in my attic. I have a 2 story house, so the attic is pretty high up. I live about 70 miles from Sacramento which is where my "Local," affiliates are located. My signals on the various networks was always hit and miss. So much so there is no way I could gamble using it on NFL games. So now, I just stream into my sports room and took that antenna down.
I love how people swear by 'em and tell people they are stupid for not having one. (Well that was a bit hyperbole wasn;t it? :) )

But fact is sometimes they world great and sometimes not.

rambo2

Reaction score

You can watch it on NBC with antenna. Or stream it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Hook up an antenna. A coat hanger if you have to.