I Cannot See The Game On My Television

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
NBC is still in a dispute with DirectTv so I'm having to bum off my mother in laws Peacock account to watch.

vicjagger

Reaction score
My TV box has malfunctioned and the cable company can't come until tomorrow. There is no Cowboys bar in Naples--nearest real Cowboys bar is two hours away in Sarasota. Looks like I go to one of the two Eagles bars here. I need Dak and Co. to put a whooping on the Fecals today, as I want to see bird tears at the South Street Grill tonight!!

I did predict a 17-point victory. I need that to come true.
Do you have a smart TV? If so, use your TVs web broswer and stream it. That's how I watch every game.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I love how people swear by 'em and tell people they are stupid for not having one. (Well that was a bit hyperbole wasn;t it? :) )

But fact is sometimes they world great and sometimes not.
If you get one of those LARGE rooftop antennas, they do work great. But at this point with streaming... it makes zero sense for me to mount a 4 ft pole on my roof and have one of those 5ft wide antennas on my roof. A 4 inch firestick that I can move around works just fine. Well, actually I dont move them around. We probably have 6 firesticks in my house.

Verdict

Reaction score
My TV box has malfunctioned and the cable company can't come until tomorrow. There is no Cowboys bar in Naples--nearest real Cowboys bar is two hours away in Sarasota. Looks like I go to one of the two Eagles bars here. I need Dak and Co. to put a whooping on the Fecals today, as I want to see bird tears at the South Street Grill tonight!!

If you turn on your tv it will work better. If not all you will have is a blank screen. Hope that helps.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
We did a 3-4 years ago. BEST thing ever!
960x0.jpg
If you don't mind me asking, what did you do for internet. I will probably do this before 2024 is up but internet options here are basically Cox/ATT and not a whole lot else.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you don't mind me asking, what did you do for internet. I will probably do this before 2024 is up but internet options here are basically Cox/ATT and not a whole lot else.
I kept Spectrum internet. Certainly something like frontier fiber optic MIGHT be an option.

More info:

We already had Amazon so kept that subscription. I signed up for youtubeTV for local programming. If you get a VPN you can actually change your location to get other programming.

We use Roku as the portal and it works very well. I use Roku , Tubi, Pluto, Shout and MANY others to get free programming (with ads). You can put whatever subscription you want on it...disney, peacock, apple.

I can also access any youtube content...not the tv app just youtube. Great! There are HUNDREDS of "channels" you can add from guitar, birdwatching, beer, Western, classic TV, ENDLESS!

The whole world opens up.

The only thing we are waiting for is browser support. You can always cast that if you want.

So while we do have the amazon and YoutubeTV subscription as added costs to internet provider, we gain SO MUCH MORE! All right there on your remote and TV. You could just do the free channels and have a ton of entertainment. If you can get an antenna to work....you are good to go on the cheap.

quickccc

Reaction score
I bought a "Powered," antenna and mounted it in my attic. I have a 2 story house, so the attic is pretty high up. I live about 70 miles from Sacramento which is where my "Local," affiliates are located. My signals on the various networks was always hit and miss. So much so there is no way I could gamble using it on NFL games. So now, I just stream into my sports room and took that antenna down.
yeh with those outdoor antennas we flat depend upon getting that reception signal , if its' something is blocking
it or there's no opening pathway then it's uselss.. also if its real bad storm outside it can be really choppy.

but what would you do if there is an internet outage in your area during a game ?
if you can get a solid reception signal those antenna signals can be a good backup just in case. jmho.

GORICO

Reaction score

go to your computer----https://streameast.buffstream.io...watch it for free on computer

stiletto

Reaction score
One good thing about OTA, is it isn't compressed like your standard cable, so the picture is actually better. I use a SiliconDust HD Homerun with a Plex server with all TV's using the Plex App for Watching Locals/DVR. Antenna is in the attic and I get about 60 channels with a bunch in HD. WashDC+Baltimore Metro. Cord cut...

https://previews.***NOT-ALLOWED***/p/thumb/ACFpyX4tvRcA035Et0unLTVzNjpFPYmempY6ymJwP8Y21T3OTEWWXNNIvnXf2GEXwKed1JsV_V5g98FO1uw8aSCu4-gySy9OhZ_TjPr6ZB_Yv7ZUNulORG83iSfVy_rsvC_o1J2706aMtkMXngiY4TuzIOQv1o729CSlzfwzn0SsLoTX0fuDDB6rmPXKImhxEa5uYtq2f59uYbe_qYF3KBYARyKTZxg_4qd-tabf3IFoWtB2kCx2wO_zkC5_vnMTUBSk9rm1BP7vcU0oQV6sXGLaXTf1AN_1dymUKmZdgoaDNGMVZ8YBbCn_QVR7_Ce8VQJNsMpAK47oajgGxw9cOb59/p.png

Reid1boys

Reaction score
yeh with those outdoor antennas we flat depend upon getting that reception signal , if its' something is blocking
it or there's no opening pathway then it's uselss.. also if its real bad storm outside it can be really choppy.

but what would you do if there is an internet outage in your area during a game ?
if you can get a solid reception signal those antenna signals can be a good backup just in case. jmho.
Id stream from my phone if I had to. But in my 11 years in my current house, Ive never had an internet outing that cost e watching any games.