I changed my mind on Linehan

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You can't put that all on the coaches when the offensive line has 4 penalties in the first 20 plays and Dak only converts on 2 third downs all game.

How are you suppose to run the ball when it is 1 and 20 and you are not putting together any drives?

It was just a sloppy mess offensively.

The OL just looked horrible.. Missed so many assignments. The piano man from Cincy has us playing Bengal football.

Dak was just awful as well.

Linehan called a game that gave Dak some opportunities to make a play but he didn’t call a game that was creative or got our players in a rhythm. It was just old school routes and concepts.

Daks legs should’ve been more of a factor when he couldn’t get it going with his arm.

Cam was just as bad passing but he beat us and won the game with his legs.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I've watched the breakdowns and there was more than just the QB that had problems. Linehan is no way absolved of the failures from his unit. Even if Jarwin catches that ball, he's still a jag, he was open due to a defensive breakdown, not because of his own ability. Dak played poorly, but we can't pretend there weren't other issues. Poor QB magnifies the problems and there were other problems throughout the day across the board.
Yes there were. For one Tyron looked like crap on some of those plays. CW has to keep his balance or he will continue to get tossed like a midget lol.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I do agree with you. But it is hard to find as much fault with the plan when the film is there showing you that the plan was working. What didn't work was the QB.

His video doesn't take into account the progressions and hot reads that Dak is responsible for. There is no way to know it. A lot of things he "missed" probably weren't even the 3rd read on the play. Now if you want to talk about accuracy and ball placement, I am right there with you.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You can't put that all on the coaches when the offensive line has 4 penalties in the first 20 plays and Dak only converts on 2 third downs all game.

How are you suppose to run the ball when it is 1 and 20 and you are not putting together any drives?
Yes and no about the penalities. It's on the players to not make those mental mistakes, but we also saw a team that didn't look prepared to play. We've seen this team look unprepared too often under this leadership.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
His video doesn't take into account the progressions and hot reads that Dak is responsible for. There is no way to know it. A lot of things he "missed" probably weren't even the 3rd read on the play. Now if you want to talk about accuracy and ball placement, I am right there with you.
I am quit sure coaches do not instruct Dak to only stare at one side of the field. He was doing that repeatedly in those clips. Some of the non throws where to guys that Dak absolutely saw yet chose to not throw them the ball. Why? Now we would be guessing.

There is far too much proof here to defend Dak anymore. He just doesn't have it.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I am quit sure coaches do not instruct Dak to only stare at one side of the field. He was doing that repeatedly in those clips. Some of the non throws where to guys that Dak absolutely saw yet chose to not throw them the ball. Why? Now we would be guessing.

There is far too much proof here to defend Dak anymore. He just doesn't have it.
I don’t trust Linehan with the #1 QB in the 2019 NFL draft

AtlCPA

Reaction score
Notice how Akoye neglects to mention all of the two TE sets run with the worst set of TE’s in the league! Linehan shares a lot of the blame for the poor performance, and he’s the offensive coordinator.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It depends on the play.

Some plays they are only reading half the field. Every QB does this.

The levels concept that Akoye is wrongly complaining about the TE not running in the middle of the field around the 6 minute mark is a good example of a play where Dak would be reading half the field. If he felt really comfortable he could hit that back door pass to the TE as an alternate check down.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Notice how Akoye neglects to mention all of the two TE sets run with the worst set of TE’s in the league! Linehan shares a lot of the blame for the poor performance, and he’s the offensive coordinator.

I’ll say this. Both of those guys could’ve had a big day but Dak missed them.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Look at the sidelines. Kris Richard has to fire up the offense cause Garrett is staring off into lala land, Linehan doesn’t feel like he needs to stand out in the rain with the team, and Moore looks out of place ironically with Linehan not next to him.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He had some designed throws. He saved an interception on the one that was behind him. But complaining about him being a checkdown doesn't make sense. The RB is pretty much the checkdown on every pass if he doesn't have to stay in and protect.

In 2014 there were several times the QB who cannot be named saw that the defense had his downfield options covered and he hit Murray quickly as the checkdown. Don't knock the checkdown-

Is there a rule, that the RB can't have a designed play as the first read? Checkdowns are valuable part of the duties for an RB, but needs to be used as more as a real threat in the passing game. The Rams, Saints, Steelers and other teams have incorporated their RBs more as pass catchers and more than just as checkdowns. With our lack of weapons on offense, Zeke should be catching 5-6 passes a game instead of 2-3. He's an elite RB and we're not fully utilizing him as an asset.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
It was just a sloppy mess offensively.

The OL just looked horrible.. Missed so many assignments. The piano man from Cincy has us playing Bengal football.

Dak was just awful as well.

Linehan called a game that gave Dak some opportunities to make a play but he didn’t call a game that was creative or got our players in a rhythm. It was just old school routes and concepts.

Daks legs should’ve been more of a factor when he couldn’t get it going with his arm.

Cam was just as bad passing but he beat us and won the game with his legs.

That is on JG more then Linehan. I am not fan of either but how is Linehan suppose to get the offense into rhythm when the first 2 series start off with penalties?

1 on a run and another on a bubble screen to Austin that went for 9 yards.

They were in 2nd and 3rd and 8 plus the entire first half, mostly because of Dak's inability to get the ball out, I am not sure any coach can over come that.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Is there a rule, that the RB can't have a designed play as the first read?

I literally said there were times he was.

Checkdowns are valuable part of the duties for an RB, but needs to be used as more as a real threat in the passing game. The Rams, Saints, Steelers and other teams have incorporated their RBs more as pass catchers and more than just as checkdowns.

Does it matter if you hit them as primary targets or checkdowns? The point is he needs more touches.

With our lack of weapons on offense, Zeke should be catching 5-6 passes a game instead of 2-3. He's an elite RB and we're not fully utilizing him as an asset.

I agree. Like I said, Murray had 57 in Romo's best season and Zeke has 61 for his career. They weren't throwing to Murray as the primary target on all those passes and I doubt the teams you mentioned are feeding their backs as the primary passing target as much as you're implying. Again- all I'm saying is Dak needs to get through his progressions and utilize his checkdown instead of holding the ball so much.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yes there were. For one Tyron looked like crap on some of those plays. CW has to keep his balance or he will continue to get tossed like a midget lol.
There were OL issues for sure. There was some poor route running, guys rounding off or telegraphing cuts. There looked like there were communication issues throughout the offense. I'm not absolving Dak from his poor play, but there is plenty of blame to go around. We'll see how much of this gets cleaned up for the next game.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
After watching a video from AKOYE Media, demonstrating just how bad Dak is, and just how open our receivers where, I changed my mind on Linehan.

Folks, we have a problem here. Dak is costing us games. His fear and inability to throw the ball, it is crushing this team. This loss falls squarely on Dak.

Dak routinely ONLY looks at one half of the field. Guys are running wide open and Dak isn't even looking. It takes him too long to process this info for him to pull the trigger. Often times he creates a sack when in fact he had a receiver wide open.

Not sure how Dak recovers from this. He simply is not throwing to guys who are open for 10-20 yards. He literally had 2 EASY TD's sitting there that he muffed. One was a 60+ yarder to Jarwin the other a 50+ yarder to TWill. Dang.

Watch this expose on Dak. Be prepared to be sick.

A lot of those plays that he overlooked required anticipation and timing, neither of which he has with this group. And then there were a few bad passes that he just missed, no excuses other than maybe the ball was wet, he has little hands, etc..

Dak came up small on many plays but they were there for the taking. Lineham may not be as much to blame as we thought after all...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

Those TEs were open the entire day and blocked pretty well.

To me the bigger issue with the 2 TE sets was being so stubborn and set in your ways that you can't adjust your philosophy to avoid trying to attack the heart of the Panthers defense. To me it is an ongoing issue with JG and Linehan, they don't tweak their game plans to go after weaknesses.

I didn't even know the starting CB for the Panthers was a rookie til the 4th quarter when Troy mentioned it. Every other coach in the league would of tested him deep a few times early on to set the tone in my opinion. What better way to back the defense off then to force them to give the rook help.