I changed my mind on Linehan

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
You just have to ask yourself this. What if this guy played for the Commanders? Would I still think he's a promising QB for the future? Would I still see the upside?

The answer is no. We'd all laugh at the Commanders.
Are you a Commanders fan?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
This offense needs to competitively play together. Not training camp. Practice and games.

Dak doesn't see, but when he does he is not anticipating the play and/or his weapons (WR's, TE's, RB's) well.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I literally said there were times he was.

Does it matter if you hit them as primary targets or checkdowns? The point is he needs more touches.

I agree. Like I said, Murray had 57 in Romo's best season and Zeke has 61 for his career. They weren't throwing to Murray as the primary target on all those passes and I doubt the teams you mentioned are feeding their backs as the primary passing target as much as you're implying. Again- all I'm saying is Dak needs to get through his progressions and utilize his checkdown instead of holding the ball so much.
Dak was holding the ball way too long and trying to make something happen, but lack of confidence or ability made it worse. The Steelers used Bell in the passing game quite a bit, as do the Rams with Gurley, the Saints for years have always incorporated their RBs quite a bit into their passing game plans. Take advantage of the weapons we have and find ways to get him the ball. It does matter a bit whether he is the primary or checkdown, as a check down, he would most likely have a defense already set after the progressions and Zeke is more than likely not on the move. While as the primary, Zeke is moving, think a quick flare or wheel route and in better position to get YAC. Either way, he needs more touches.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Dak was holding the ball way too long and trying to make something happen, but lack of confidence or ability made it worse.

He didn't have to... that's my point. If he doesn't see it downfield give it to Zeke in space as a checkdown.

The Steelers used Bell in the passing game quite a bit, as do the Rams with Gurley, the Saints for years have always incorporated their RBs quite a bit into their passing game plans.

Veterans like Roethlisberger and Brees know how to use their checkdown. As for the Rams, not sure if are primaries or checkdowns since I haven't seen them.

Take advantage of the weapons we have and find ways to get him the ball. It does matter a bit whether he is the primary or checkdown, as a check down, he would most likely have a defense already set after the progressions and Zeke is more than likely not on the move. While as the primary, Zeke is moving, think a quick flare or wheel route and in better position to get YAC. Either way, he needs more touches.

They tried multiple flares to Zeke, including the one he saved an interception on.

Look, we don't disagree he needs more touches. I think you want them to call plays designed specifically for Zeke in the passing game, which in most RB cases means screen passes. I think it's not necessary because he's out there already and not being utilized by the guy with a tendency to hold the ball too long. They should reinforce to Dak that if nothing is there, a 4 yard pass to Zeke is still better than a throw away.

Ken

Reaction score
After watching a video from AKOYE Media, demonstrating just how bad Dak is, and just how open our receivers where, I changed my mind on Linehan.

Folks, we have a problem here. Dak is costing us games. His fear and inability to throw the ball, it is crushing this team. This loss falls squarely on Dak.

Dak routinely ONLY looks at one half of the field. Guys are running wide open and Dak isn't even looking. It takes him too long to process this info for him to pull the trigger. Often times he creates a sack when in fact he had a receiver wide open.

Not sure how Dak recovers from this. He simply is not throwing to guys who are open for 10-20 yards. He literally had 2 EASY TD's sitting there that he muffed. One was a 60+ yarder to Jarwin the other a 50+ yarder to TWill. Dang.

Watch this expose on Dak. Be prepared to be sick.

Your opinion means nothing.

Just sayin. You had no clue and then you got a biased video and now you change your mind off of that. Awesome.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He didn't have to... that's my point. If he doesn't see it downfield give it to Zeke in space as a checkdown.

Veterans like Roethlisberger and Brees know how to use their checkdown. As for the Rams, not sure if are primaries or checkdowns since I haven't seen them.

They tried multiple flares to Zeke, including the one he saved an interception on.

Look, we don't disagree he needs more touches. I think you want them to call plays designed specifically for Zeke in the passing game, which in most RB cases means screen passes. I think it's not necessary because he's out there already and not being utilized by the guy with a tendency to hold the ball too long. They should reinforce to Dak that if nothing is there, a 4 yard pass to Zeke is still better than a throw away.
Watch how the Rams used Gurley last year, he had lots of quick flares out of the back field, a quick chip block and pass to the flat. Get him the ball in space and let him do work. Ingram split time with Kamara in N.O. and still caught almost 60 passes and he's not even the "pass catching" back. Yep, Zeke needs more touches, throw him the dang ball.

What happened to our web back, Tavon, fastest guy on the field and gets 1 touch?

ESisback

Reaction score
Zeke getting only 15 touches is a fail on the coaching staff. This offense should revolve around getting Zeke the ball, whether running or catching. 15 touches to far and away our best player is terrible coaching.
Even the best RBs are gonna have trouble against 8 or 9 in the box.

It’s the chicken or the egg thing. I say it’s a bit of everything—Dak, the WRs, Linehan, the OL, bubble wrapped starters in the preseason, etc., etc.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You just have to ask yourself this. What if this guy played for the Commanders? Would I still think he's a promising QB for the future? Would I still see the upside?

The answer is no. We'd all laugh at the Commanders.
Risen we all know you have never liked or wanted Dak as qb , so of course your answer is no lol.
and most here have been laughing at the Commanders for years, meanwhile look how many qb's they have tried with no success.
now they have alex, and many here said he was a joke and we would still sweep them this year.

Meanwhile Alex is 1-0, so we will see how that goes, I think he is a good QB.
Kirk C. is also 1-0 in Minn

The Cowboys or jones boys were not interested in either of those guys, so they went to other teams.
They were the 2 best available, and would fit better with the cowboy coaches and what they like to do.

But I have to say all you guys who complain about dak, are just plain D .... well I wont say it, so your just not thinking ahead or clearly.

Lets say the Cowboys cut Dak today who would the cowboys qb be?? well cooper rush lol do you really want that ?
then you might say lets draft a qb, well good luck with that , the 2 qb's dallas coaches and jones boys wanted were paxton lynch ,
and connor cook ! They have already proven to be busts. lol so you think they can actually draft a good qb ??????

To get a high draft pick. cowboys need to have the # 1-3 draft picks , that means going 0-16 to 2-14, or trading up
which means giving away a bunch of draft picks that year and future # 1's

When the cowboys dumped Romo, they went all in on Dak, and jones boys dont want to admit that was a mistake, so like garrett,
Dak will be the qb for next few years.They cant give up on him without losing face, and they know finding someone better will be hard.

Add to that the cowboy coaches cant develop or teach qb's so no matter who they get , if they are not self teachers, or a veteran
who can get by without any help, then it will be the same with the next guy.

One other qb who has experience and is pretty good is the guy who is bkup in tampa, he beat NO 48-40 forget his name.
but he is a decent qb.
But the jones boys had no interest in him, not even as a bkup lol they think cooper is good enough.

Cowboys have gone cheap under steven, and they dont want to pay anything for a decent bkup.

So bottom line is complain all you want but they are sticking with dak, they have to, and really there is nobody else to go to.
if the jones boys had the sense to grab the guy who is down in tampa now, they could go to him and have a pretty good qb.
but he would still have to use this crap playbook etc etc, but I think he would do better than Dak, because he has a lot
of experience and is arrogant enough to defy coaches and do what he thinks is best.
dak wont do that he will play as he is told to play.

and last this okoye guy is just a guy with toys, and armchair analyst, who is wrong about most of what he is saying.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Even the best RBs are gonna have trouble against 8 or 9 in the box.

It’s the chicken or the egg thing. I say it’s a bit of everything—Dak, the WRs, Linehan, the OL, bubble wrapped starters in the preseason, etc., etc.
I disagree, it is about the the blocking scheme, we have lineman running down field to make blocks, which allows rb to be tackled at the line
or in backfield.
going down field is stupid if your back cant get past los ! lol
All EE needs is a crack at the line or a hole, and let him get the 5-7 yards.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Sure ... Not even probowl Romo could take us to the playoffs with linehan ...(except once)

Its easy to blame the players , but all I saw were play designs... and Dak following what they trained him to do .

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
I disagree, it is about the the blocking scheme, we have lineman running down field to make blocks, which allows rb to be tackled at the line
or in backfield.
going down field is stupid if your back cant get past los ! lol
All EE needs is a crack at the line or a hole, and let him get the 5-7 yards.

So Alexander was a bad hire?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So Alexander was a bad hire?
I would have to say yes. other teams do this same thing however, but to me it just seems ********,
Dallas has had linemen running down field for years, it is supposed to break long runs, but really doesnt.
your just wearing down your linemen for something that isnt worth it.

A good RB doesnt need any help after 5 yards, they should be able to do the rest on their own.
the main thing is to arrange blocking so that no body gets to RB in backfield, and that
there is a hole or crack to run thru at the los.

if you see elliot get caught in bk field, or at line, look to where that guy came from, it is usually
thru a gap left by lineman going downfield or outside .

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Good question.
We heard from SJ that he was gonna get 1-2 dozen touches a game. He has game changing speed and he just wasn't being used correctly by former coaches and that Linehan knew how to get production out of him. After all, Linehan had Reggie Bush and look what he did with him. With Tavon on the field, teams couldn't just focus on stopping Zeke. There was so much talk about adding speed to this team and how to utilize it.

Tavon gets 1 touch, Deonte Thompson is a bottom of the roster player and gets more touches than a guy they touted as a game changer and big part of this offense. This is another example where their offensive philosophy fails again. People can blame Dak all they want, but the blame starts with the guys holding the clipboards.

rpntex

Reaction score
After watching a video from AKOYE Media, demonstrating just how bad Dak is, and just how open our receivers where, I changed my mind on Linehan.

Folks, we have a problem here. Dak is costing us games. His fear and inability to throw the ball, it is crushing this team. This loss falls squarely on Dak.

Dak routinely ONLY looks at one half of the field. Guys are running wide open and Dak isn't even looking. It takes him too long to process this info for him to pull the trigger. Often times he creates a sack when in fact he had a receiver wide open.

Not sure how Dak recovers from this. He simply is not throwing to guys who are open for 10-20 yards. He literally had 2 EASY TD's sitting there that he muffed. One was a 60+ yarder to Jarwin the other a 50+ yarder to TWill. Dang.

I saw that video, and as much as I like Dak, I have to agree with you. The offensive play design and creativity was there, but so many errors in execution killed us. There were many missed opportunities that had nothing to do with Linehan.

If Dak does just a couple of things (mechanically speaking), the Cowboys put an additional 14-21 points on the board.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Giving the ball to Zeke more removes more of these plays were Dak runs around not seeing open receivers and throwing poor passes. Linehan has to understand this and make these corrections immediately, otherwise, he's completely deserving of being fired.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

He looks like me barber!