I do not see any difference between that play and the Dez play in 2014 *merged*

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Meh, I don't even care about the Dez catch anymore. Romo should have looked for the first down instead of the 30 yard bomb anyway.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sorry that facts distress you so much.

You’re the one distressed by facts. The facts are the league confirmed the call was correct under the rule. The facts are the rule hasn’t been changed, it’s being officiated the same way. According to the brain trust on this board everything was supposed to change once Blandino stepped down. He was the one being blamed for the rule.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This entire rule came about because receivers that were falling to the ground would sometimes lose the football in midair and occasionally they would be called fumbles. The argument would be that they didn’t have full control of the ball. That created some controversy. To solve the problem of whether or not they had full control of the ball, they came up with this rule that requires the receiver who’s going to the ground to hang onto the ball through the contact of the ground.

blindzebra

Reaction score
You’re the one distressed by facts. The facts are the league confirmed the call was correct under the rule. The facts are the rule hasn’t been changed, it’s being officiated the same way. According to the brain trust on this board everything was supposed to change once Blandino stepped down. He was the one being blamed for the rule.

Once again Blandino in NY was part of the overturn, so him saying it was correct does not hold water.

Facts are the rule did change in 2015, and anyone claiming it didn't either never read them or is a liar.

There was not another play ruled like the Dez play prior to 2014...and don't throw Calvin Johnson at me again, I have owned you on that multiple times, so just stop. The endzone means you can't become a runner.

Everything since Dez is based on them changing a move common to the game to upright long enough to become a runner, which a major change because it gave precedence to going to the ground that was not there prior to 2015.

Blandino leaves and Goodell says the rule needs to be looked at...hmmmm.

blindzebra

Reaction score
This entire rule came about because receivers that were falling to the ground would sometimes lose the football in midair and occasionally they would be called fumbles. The argument would be that they didn’t have full control of the ball. That created some controversy. To solve the problem of whether or not they had full control of the ball, they came up with this rule that requires the receiver who’s going to the ground to hang onto the ball through the contact of the ground.
Could you know less about rules?
An airborne receiver can't fumble, because he isn't a runner yet. Couldn't happen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Once again Blandino in NY was part of the overturn, so him saying it was correct does not hold water.

Blandino wasn’t part of the Calvin Johnson play in 2010, Steratore made the final call. The entire league confirmed the Dez overturn was correct under the rule. Blandino was far from the only one who said the call was correct. Many around the league have been interviewed about the call and agreed the overturn was correct under the rule. It’s the rule that’s created all the controversy. No one likes the rule.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Blandino wasn’t part of the Calvin Johnson play in 2010, Steratore made the final call. The entire league confirmed the Dez overturn was correct under the rule. Blandino was far from the only one who said the call was correct. Many around the league have been interviewed about the call and agreed the overturn was correct under the rule. It’s the rule that’s created all the controversy. No one likes the rule.
Do you have a learning disability?
The Johnson play has nothing to do with the Dez play, completely different circumstances. Let's see the interviews, because I remember an overwhelming outcry and tweets from players, coaches, and media all saying they blew the call. Let's see all of these league people who supported it. What you have is Blandino who ruled on it. Steretore who maybe had a say in the overturn, but I have my doubts based on all the heat on Blandino for the party bus and the Detroit game, and Pereria who groomed Blandino for a job he wasn't qualified to do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Go back to opening day 2015 against the Giants. Dez went up after a ball in the endzone battling a defender. He caught the ball but was going to the ground and once again he’s he ball came loose. However the ball never touched the ground but by the time Dez reestablished possession his elbow was OB and the TD that was called on the field was overturned. This was the Calvin Johnson play. It makes no difference if the receiver is in the endzone or the field of play if they’re going to the ground they must complete the catch process. The ball must survive the ground.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Johnson play has nothing to do with the Dez play, completely different circumstances. Let's see the interviews, because I remember an overwhelming outcry and tweets from players, coaches, and media all saying they blew the call. Let's see all of these league people who supported it. What you have is Blandino who ruled on it. Steretore who maybe had a say in the overturn, but I have my doubts based on all the heat on Blandino for the party bus and the Detroit game, and Pereria who groomed Blandino for a job he wasn't qualified to do.

The Johnson play was the closest to the Dez play, especially the Dez play in 2015. They both went up after the ball and didn’t complete the process of making catch because they were ruled going to the ground. This isn’t rocket science. Go back to the Dez overturn on opening day in 2015. That play happened in the endzone. He went up and the ball came loose when he hit the ground. It’s been an issue for him. He does all the hard parts of out battling the defender but can’t defeat the ground.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Go back to opening day 2015 against the Giants. Dez went up after a ball in the endzone battling a defender. He caught the ball but was going to the ground and once again he’s he ball came loose. However the ball never touched the ground but by the time Dez reestablished possession his elbow was OB and the TD that was called on the field was overturned. This was the Calvin Johnson play. It makes no difference if the receiver is in the endzone or the field of play if they’re going to the ground they must complete the catch process. The ball must survive the ground.

I am not explaining it again. If you can't understand the receiver to runner aspect of the pre-2015 rules and how they differ for OOB and endzone versus field of play and the case book play that absolutely confirms everything I am saying, there is no reason to even try to explain it. I stick by the learning disability comment, because it is abundantly clear based on this thread.
My condolences on your disability.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The Johnson play was the closest to the Dez play, especially the Dez play in 2015. They both went up after the ball and didn’t complete the process of making catch because they were ruled going to the ground. This isn’t rocket science. Go back to the Dez overturn on opening day in 2015. That play happened in the endzone. He went up and the ball came loose when he hit the ground. It’s been an issue for him. He does all the hard parts of out battling the defender but can’t defeat the ground.
Endzone and post 2014, not germane to the 2014 playoff play.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Then go away and stop wasting my time.
You are replying, so just how am I wasting your time?:huh: Do I have a gun at your head saying, "Now type some more nonsense so I can continue making you look like a fool?"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You are replying, so just how am I wasting your time?:huh: Do I have a gun at your head saying, "Now type some more nonsense so I can continue making you look like a fool?"

This all started with you. You initiated it. You’re the one looking like a fool chasing me around like a jilted woman tossing insults. This has always been your MO. Go find someone else to start trouble with. It’s pretty obvious I have you frustrated.

blindzebra

Reaction score
This all started with you. You initiated it. You’re the one looking like a fool chasing me around like a jilted woman tossing insults. This has always been your MO. Go find someone else to start trouble with. It’s pretty obvious I have you frustrated.
If laughing hysterically at every one of your posted means I am frustrated....:thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If laughing hysterically at every one of your posted means I am frustrated....:thumbup:

You’re laughing histetically because this topic is getting the better of you as usual. You’ve been going out it virtually nonstop ever since this thread started and it’s wearing on you. After about 30 or so pages you always start losing your cool and the insults start flying. You turn everyone of these discussions into a personal attack. Your MO never changes. That’s the sign of someone getting hosed. This is too much for you, go take a break.

blindzebra

Reaction score
You’re laughing histetically because this topic is getting the better of you as usual. You’ve been going out it virtually nonstop ever since this thread started and it’s wearing on you. After about 30 or so pages you always start losing your cool and the insults start flying. You turn everyone of these discussions into a personal attack. Your MO never changes. That’s the sign of someone getting hosed. This is too much for you, go take a break.
Last word addict aren't you?