I don’t really care if Richard stays or goes

droopdog7

Reaction score
Lots of people slobbering over a guy that isn’t even the DC of a defense that was about the same as last year. Why? Because he has “passion” I guess. I know he’ll get interviews but what he has shown besides “passion” that make people think he’ll be a good HC? “Passion” lasts about a week so hopefully he has more to offer.

Pants

Reaction score
He turned the secondary around and often calls the defense during games. The guy is a keeper. His youth also likely helps him in communicating with this young team.

Move him to DC and give him a raise

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He turned the secondary around and often calls the defense during games. The guy is a keeper. His youth also likely helps him in communicating with this young team.

Move him to DC and give him a raise

I agree.

But It feels like Marinelli has been calling the D. We are seeing a lot of zone being called and not a lot of blitz packages.

No Cobra/corner, A gap or overloads. We did see JSmith on a few Mike blitz packages.

Marinelli has chocked in the last two playoff losses. Hopefully Richard has more input.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of people slobbering over a guy that isn’t even the DC of a defense that was about the same as last year. Why? Because he has “passion” I guess. I know he’ll get interviews but what he has shown besides “passion” that make people think he’ll be a good HC? “Passion” lasts about a week so hopefully he has more to offer.

The way he has the defense playing, and not just the secondary. Tackling is back, not this sloppy stuff, except in the Colts game. But all teams have those games now and then.

He is more responsible for getting their defense to play at a high level more consistently than before.
I finally feel I can trust them more now than in the past. Do I still get nervous they can’t make that final stop. Yes, but that is human nature also.

I don’t see it as slobbering, but more of an excitement about the D we haven’t felt that way about for a very long time.
And this defense stat wise may be about the same, but trustworthy wise, it is better. To make the big play at the end of a game to preserve the win. To take over and win a game too, suck as the TB game.

So give him some props for helping the D.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Dude got fired jus last year.

That same ‘dude’ already has three HC interviews lined up and the season isn’t over yet..

Think what you want ab the guy, but very good coaches get fired all the time(for a variety of reasons). Nick Saban seems to be doing just fine. Betcha the Buckeyes wish they hadn’t fired thier assistant..

droopdog7

Reaction score
The way he has the defense playing, and not just the secondary. Tackling is back, not this sloppy stuff, except in the Colts game. But all teams have those games now and then.

He is more responsible for getting their defense to play at a high level more consistently than before.
I finally feel I can trust them more now than in the past. Do I still get nervous they can’t make that final stop. Yes, but that is human nature also.

I don’t see it as slobbering, but more of an excitement about the D we haven’t felt that way about for a very long time.
And this defense stat wise may be about the same, but trustworthy wise, it is better. To make the big play at the end of a game to preserve the win. To take over and win a game too, suck as the TB game.

So give him some props for helping the D.
He’s not the DC. And have you seen the defensive numbers compared to the last two years? Very similar.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yep they took out the anointing oils real fast with Kris....some here want him asap to become HC now!
Remember Mike Singletary....lots of passion lots of screaming...but where did that get the Niners?

droopdog7

Reaction score
That same ‘dude’ already has three HC interviews lined up and the season isn’t over yet..

Think what you want ab the guy, but very good coaches get fired all the time(for a variety of reasons). Nick Sabin seems to be doing just fine.
So you bring up Nick Saban? I mean, I’m surprised you didn’t mention belichick, who is the other biggest anamoly of all time.

And yes, I know good coaches get fired. I also know that like, 90% of these hot coordinators that get an HC job flame out within a few years.

But mostly, I’m not impressed by the “passion” that people slobber over like its actual substance.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

Think what you want ab the guy, but very good coaches get fired all the time(for a variety of reasons). Nick Saban seems to be doing just fine. Betcha the Buckeyes wish they hadn’t fired thier assistant..

different teams also have different goals. Richard might also stay to learn more, but if he jumps he jumps. I jsut dont think it will be for a few teams.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s probably going to have a HC opportunity soon. Being a DC may not be enough to keep him around. If he really wants to be a HC, why would he stay here? Many on these boards act like we just need to pay him big bucks to stay. But for guys who really want to be a HC, throwing cash at them isn’t a guarantee to work.

droopdog7

Reaction score
And the browns fired Belichick???

The way our secondary is playing is a lot different than past years. Gone are the days of 10 yds padding on 3rd and 8. Richard has delivered.
I knew this was coming. See my post above.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Richard has a SB ring as the architect of the legion of boom. WHY OH WHY would we let this guy leave town? It isn't happening. Jerry has a plan for him. HE WILL BE HERE IN 2019, either as the fulltime official DC or the HC in waiting...OR THE HC.

The Realist

Reaction score

This D is basically the same as last year? From where I’m sitting this is pretty much the first time since the 90’s when our D can get a stop and close out a game. During the 2000’s up until now, it didn’t matter if we took the lead in the last 2-4 minutes and gave the ball back to the other team....it was over. Brees, Eli, Rogers.....whoever it was....they would march right down the field to take the lead for the win. That has changed this year.

stiletto

Reaction score
I CARE but he has to do what is best for his career and his family. There are only 32 NFL Head Coaching jobs. Good for him. I will enjoy him while is a coach here.