I don’t really care if Richard stays or goes

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
SB ring, Legion of Boom. PLAYERS LOVE HIM. Leader of men. Coached up a bunch of no names after guys started getting hurt. Has Byron jones in the pro bowl,has Chido and Lewis killin it.

SB Ring was Kris Richard? a hundred NFL assistant coaches currently have SB rings.

The Legion of Boom had hall of fame level talent.

Players love him and being a leader of men are not tangible things.

Coached up a bunch of no names? Not sure what you are referring to.

Byron Jones finally is playing at the proper position. How do we know Richard really did anything? Hard to prove one way or the other.

Chido and Lewis are in fact not killing it. Each was better last year. In fact as a whole the pass D was better last year.

IMO the defense is good because of the emergence of LVE and Smith at LB.

Qcard

Reaction score
Lots of people slobbering over a guy that isn’t even the DC of a defense that was about the same as last year. Why? Because he has “passion” I guess. I know he’ll get interviews but what he has shown besides “passion” that make people think he’ll be a good HC? “Passion” lasts ab hiout a week so hopefully he has more to offer.
Look at Kris Richards resume
As coach:
Earl Thomas 1st Rd Kam Chancellor 6th Rd
(2010)
Sherman 5th Rd, Byron Maxwell 6th Rd and Brandon Browner undrafted free agent
(2011)

2013 Legion of Boom on Superbowl

Even with 2018 season success...we still question Kris's abilities..ok

droopdog7

Reaction score
he would be wasting his time. your mind is hermetically sealed shut regarding Kris Richard. you question everyone elses info, but provide nothing to substantiate your own opionion.
A non answer is I see. It’s that kinda stuff that gets to me. Fans completely pulling stuff out their arse about stuff they have no clue about.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
YES...only every NFL announcer and or pundit covering the cowboys for the last 2 years. Marinelli himself has mentioned it. Im not very tech savvy, so if you want a link or more info, you need to go find it yourself.
Actually that's been pure speculation. No one in the Cowboys organization has said or even eluded to Rod retiring yet that I'm aware of. Remember the media and pundits want clicks and mentioning anything Cowboys related achieves that even if it's speculative.

droopdog7

Reaction score
yes he did. who do you think was responsible for the move. the same coaches that had kept him at safety the previous three years.
I will repeat, at the end of last year jones was losing his grip on the safety position anyway because he wasn’t psychical enough. I figured he’d go back to corner and then he did.

It’s not like Richard took a really good safety, took a risk in moving him, and turned Jones into a star. He took a failed safety and moved him, which is pretty much what I would have done just looking at it from afar.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
SB ring, Legion of Boom. PLAYERS LOVE HIM. Leader of men. Coached up a bunch of no names after guys started getting hurt. Has Byron jones in the pro bowl,has Chido and Lewis killin it.

And there goes your credibility. Lewis hardly played this year. 12 tackles, 1 int, no other passed defended. Numerous games with no defensive snaps at all.

Do you even watch the team play?

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Lots of people slobbering over a guy that isn’t even the DC of a defense that was about the same as last year. Why? Because he has “passion” I guess. I know he’ll get interviews but what he has shown besides “passion” that make people think he’ll be a good HC? “Passion” lasts about a week so hopefully he has more to offer.

I beg to differ on the bolded... How long has Garrett been our HC? There's no doubt Garrett has passion...

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I know results. I know BJ spent 3 years at FS on Marinelli's watch. I know Xavier Woods is exclusively a FS instead of a slot CB. I know AB is playing better than last year. I know the Defense is way way way better than last year.

Also, I know Stephen said Richard made the move and Richard spoke on the move of #31 himself.

When you know how to spell the coach's name holla back.

Holla back when you know what "Way Better," actually means. If you consider 0.5 ppg WAY WAY Better, than yeah, our defense was way better.
People see what they want to see. The bottom line is we allowed 20.3 ppg this year and 20.8 ppg last year. That is not way better.
The eyeball test would tell you they are better, and I would agree we are better, but no way in hell is it due to this one coach. We drafted a stud, and that stud, unlike Sean Lee, hasnt missed a game. Add that to Smith who is now completely 100% healthy Iwas that from coaching) and you see improvement. Add in Randy Gregory who has been up and down, but definitely has improved our defense (and that is coaching?) This happens with coaches all the time. They get hired just as a young team is ready to take off and the coach gets all the credit. Then said great coach switches teams and said coach all of the sudden sucks? I guess George Seifert forgot to coach on that plane ride he took from SF to Carolina?

Coaches do not win games... and like I said, name me a TRULY great coach, and I will name you a HOF QB that was right there leading the charge. The great McCarthy?/lol.... pulease... two HOF QBs during his entire career..... not just HOF, but probably considered top 10 of QBs to ever play. Lets see him go to Tampa and kick arse... but he wont, he will go to Cleveland where it looks like they have what could turn into a top 4 QB in this league for the next 13 years, and a team loaded with young talent that is about to take off, and Mr. McCarthy will jump on that train at the perfect time.

THATS the key to coaching that fat *** in Detroit didnt figure out, which is why he will just be another young guru that goes down in flames.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And there goes your credibility. Lewis hardly played this year. 12 tackles, 1 int, no other passed defended. Numerous games with no defensive snaps at all.

Do you even watch the team play?
when Lewis has played, he's been gold. Your a joke. You hate Richard that much you can't see the results hes gotten? He closed out the Saints game did Lewis. That don't mean anything to you? Think that was an accident? Holding the Saints to 10 scant points not good enough? What will it take? Chido has been playing like a number 1 cover corner,same with Jones. I DONT ALLOW MY HATRED OR DISDAIN for a coach or player skew my thinking. God Bless.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I know, right?

I hate promising young coordinators who've had great success whenever they've been given any responsibility at all.

Hate 'em

Rayman70

Reaction score
SB Ring was Kris Richard? a hundred NFL assistant coaches currently have SB rings.

The Legion of Boom had hall of fame level talent.

Players love him and being a leader of men are not tangible things.

Coached up a bunch of no names? Not sure what you are referring to.

Byron Jones finally is playing at the proper position. How do we know Richard really did anything? Hard to prove one way or the other.

Chido and Lewis are in fact not killing it. Each was better last year. In fact as a whole the pass D was better last year.

IMO the defense is good because of the emergence of LVE and Smith at LB.
lol..ok then, you willing to roll the dice and let this guys walk? Your nuts.I don't mean that in a mean way...I am trying hard to understand the thinking. Final results matter, stats be damned. We win with Richard here,thats all I know.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
lol..ok then, you willing to roll the dice and let this guys walk? Your nuts.I don't mean that in a mean way...I am trying hard to understand the thinking. Final results matter, stats be damned. We win with Richard here,thats all I know.
SEattle let him walk... no? and they knew him far better than you do. Seems Seattle hasnt collapsed when he departed??? hmm

Mr_Strol

Reaction score

I enjoy having Kris Richard as a coach. Valuable asset. I just don't think he is some elite asset worth worrying about. If he leaves so be it. If he stays, cool.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
when Lewis has played, he's been gold. Your a joke. You hate Richard that much you can't see the results hes gotten? He closed out the Saints game did Lewis. That don't mean anything to you? Think that was an accident? Holding the Saints to 10 scant points not good enough? What will it take? Chido has been playing like a number 1 cover corner,same with Jones. I DONT ALLOW MY HATRED OR DISDAIN for a coach or player skew my thinking. God Bless.

He's had hardly any defensive snaps.

Game 1: 0
Game 2: 1
Game 3: inactive
Game 4: 1
Game 5: 33 (in a game where we gave up 385 passing yards)
Game 6: 40 (in garbage time)
Game 7: 12
Game 8: 0
Game 9: 7
Game 10: 1
Game 11: 4
Game 12: 8 - you might recall this being his only play of the year game
Game 13: 6
Game 14: 0
Game 15: 65 as an injury replacement
Game 16: 9

Who the joke now, dawg?