I don’t really care if Richard stays or goes

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Singletary was a Mike ditka wannabe. Richard is his own man.

Guess you know the man on a personal level......lol.....whatever jumping the gun here isn't something new....and by the way just to remind you that the DC of our team goes by the name or R. Marinelli....

CB61

Reaction score
Dude got fired jus last year.
A lot of good coaches get fired just because you're a good coach doesn't mean you're a good motivator for a good fit for the team Richard is a good fit for our team

CB61

Reaction score
We cannot stop him for interviewing for a promotional job that doesn't mean Jerry won't give him some more money and a new title oh, he has brought a lot of fight to this defense and completely changed the philosophy of the secondary are they Elite? Not yet but they didn't get broke overnight either

CB61

Reaction score
We cannot stop him for interviewing for a promotional job that doesn't mean Jerry won't give him some more money and a new title oh, he has brought a lot of fight to this defense and completely changed the philosophy of the secondary are they Elite? Not yet but they didn't get broke overnight either
And like everything else everyone has an opinion does it mean your right or wrong but the Cowboys seem to believe in him and play well so.......

cern

Reaction score
Guess you know the man on a personal level......lol.....whatever jumping the gun here isn't something new....and by the way just to remind you that the DC of our team goes by the name or R. Marinelli....
The dc of our team will have a different name next year. We offered the job to eberflus last year. Wish he'd taken the offer.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sure but that doesn't mean Richard will have the same issue. I hope he stays but I think he will have some success if he leaves. Just an opinion.
his best chance will be here...and I think he realizes this. Now if he does leave, I personally think there is a team like Zona where he would fit in with nice. He knows that division well. That's a match for him if he doesn't stay.He will stabilize that sitch.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The dc of our team will have a different name next year. We offered the job to eberflus last year. Wish he'd taken the offer.

Dak-Crush....Kris-Crush.....whtever bud gl with that....

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I do not understand the crowning of Richards.

From 2017 to 2018, we went from 8th in yards to 7th, and 14th in points to 6th. Marinelli spent his 5th year developing the defense in the offseason. LVE got drafted. Smith got better. Gregory turned his life around, at least for a year. Chido and Lewis developed.

In that same time frame, Richards got fired and found a new job at Dallas, where he took over lots of playcalling and became to the secondary what Marinelli is to the DLine. He moved Jones to CB and Jones exploded. In general I think all the DBs have improved.

So when I look at these two paragraphs of things that happened and improved this team totally without Richards, and things that Richards did or was a part of, I don't see someone I'd call elite.

I see a damn fine assistant defensive coordinator, a great game manager since he got Marinelli's blessing to call plays, a fine developer of secondary talent. I see lots of good things to be sure.

But the track record to confirm greatness? It isn't there, not for me. Call him a great secondary coach if you want, there is a track record for that (Legion of Boom), but not as a DC or HC, not yet.

There also isn't confirmation that he's the reason we improved. Too many good things happened for this defense to confirm it was Richards who moved the needle most. In my opinion you'd need to be in the locker room to even get a feel for it.

Jury's still out for me but I do love what I see.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s probably going to have a HC opportunity soon. Being a DC may not be enough to keep him around. If he really wants to be a HC, why would he stay here? Many on these boards act like we just need to pay him big bucks to stay. But for guys who really want to be a HC, throwing cash at them isn’t a guarantee to work.
Then again, a lot of people only take new jobs with more responsibility because they pay more. I don't know which guy he is, but I guess we'll find out soon.

Rayman70

Reaction score
steve wilkes would be my next D coord in 2019 if God forbid we cant hang onto Richard....MAYBE TODD BOWLES,the familiarity thing with him.

HanD

Reaction score
AS Steve Wilkes found out, sometimes its fools gold. Now he has nothing.
Wilkes will find another job imo.

In life if you have opportunity to succeed and do more, you take it and try your best. You don't sit back for fear of failure. Driven people go for it. Failure isn't a terrible thing to be afraid of imo.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either is better than a self-crush. Now give yourself a big hug.
I give myself REALITY....not fairy tales those are for our children....anyway GL to our Cowboys!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I do not understand the crowning of Richards.

From 2017 to 2018, we went from 8th in yards to 7th, and 14th in points to 6th. Marinelli spent his 5th year developing the defense in the offseason. LVE got drafted. Smith got better. Gregory turned his life around, at least for a year. Chido and Lewis developed.

In that same time frame, Richards got fired and found a new job at Dallas, where he took over lots of playcalling and became to the secondary what Marinelli is to the DLine. He moved Jones to CB and Jones exploded. In general I think all the DBs have improved.

So when I look at these two paragraphs of things that happened and improved this team totally without Richards, and things that Richards did or was a part of, I don't see someone I'd call elite.

I see a damn fine assistant defensive coordinator, a great game manager since he got Marinelli's blessing to call plays, a fine developer of secondary talent. I see lots of good things to be sure.

But the track record to confirm greatness? It isn't there, not for me. Call him a great secondary coach if you want, there is a track record for that (Legion of Boom), but not as a DC or HC, not yet.

There also isn't confirmation that he's the reason we improved. Too many good things happened for this defense to confirm it was Richards who moved the needle most. In my opinion you'd need to be in the locker room to even get a feel for it.

Jury's still out for me but I do love what I see.
we don't go on the win streak and beat the saints without him, PERIOD END OF STORY. If you think otherwise I dunno what else to say.

CWR

Reaction score
I knew this was coming. See my post above.

Well your point doesn't really land imo. This league is full of recycled coaches. BB isn't unique in that hes a once fired coach who went on to succeed. That list goes on and on. Sure you know that as well??

And what about the difference in our secondary? They are a better coached more aggressive unit now. I couldn't care less about all of the "emotion" or whatever some go on about, its the results that impress me.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
you guys are tripping over something you cant control. lets see where the chips fall. believe me, if Dallas gets routed by seattle, the interest will fade. teams also have to go by tons of factors and no one knows wat Ricard himself wants to do. HC is nice but some teams arent loyal anymore. you get a chance, you better do your homework.