I don't ever remember being so frustrated

haleyrules

Reaction score
That's not much of a strategy to have in the long run. In the playoffs, you are going to face good teams and staffs. This staff gives me zero confidence after showing their true colors yet again.

If we have to hope to assemble enough talent to overcome our staff, well there's your issue.
I agree completely. Garrett would have been fired about 5 minutes after the 4-12 season. My posts are only based on the GM reality in Dallas.

haleyrules

Reaction score
That's not much of a strategy to have in the long run. In the playoffs, you are going to face good teams and staffs. This staff gives me zero confidence after showing their true colors yet again.

If we have to hope to assemble enough talent to overcome our staff, well there's your issue.
This years downfall started withGarretts gutless decisions in the season final. That showed what was coming. He is gutless and that will never change.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I am cautiously optimistic...nope realistic. I do keep thinking of RG3 and Alfred Morris' first year. Eerily similar stats.

irishline

Reaction score
What scares me is Jerry's favorite line of, "we're satisfied with the players we've got here". You should always be looking to improve your team, ALWAYS. I'm hoping Stephen will be better than Jerry at this. Jerry has never been able to have a good offense and defense at the same time. At least not since Jimmy left. This D has to get improved this off season or next year will be the SOS. Thinking that guys coming back from injury will solve the problem would be foolish.....

I understand your point. The reason I qualified my answer by saying it could all be a mirage and things may not change has to do with exactly what you said. However, something feels different about the players this time to me. I believe they may be able to overcome the Joneses and win.

Hell they almost willed the team back from 18 down last week in spite of all the extraneous stuff. That right there has me feeling a little more confident. Previous versions of this team over the last few years would have accepted their fate at halftime and just rolled over and took it.

And for the record I said "add some defense" as in add some players this off season, not thinking guys would come back from injury and solve our issues (in case I was too vague and prompted that in your response).

Last edited:

ksadler1

Reaction score
I understand your point. The reason I qualified my answer by saying it could all be a mirage and things may not change has to do with exactly what you said. However, something feels different about the players this time to me. I believe they may be able to overcome the Joneses and win.

Hell they almost willed the team back from 18 down last week in spite of all the extraneous stuff. That right there has me feeling a little more confident. Previous versions of this team over the last few years would have accepted their fate at halftime and just rolled over and took it.

And for the record I said "add some defense" as in add some players this off season, not thinking guys would come back from injury and solve our issues (in case I was too vague and prompted that in your response).

I didn't mean to make it sound like that's what you meant. I was strictly aiming that towards Jerry. I didn't get that from your post at all.....

haleyrules

Reaction score
Your scaring me, stop it.
No worries. No comparison, at least not between RG3 and Prescott. Two completely different type of People and styles. RB's are a different story..but Elliott is a real bruiser and will be great for at LEAST his Rookie contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I watched Dave Campo take this team to Sea World, I've watched my favorite player walk into a court wearing a fur coat, but this just feels different...thanks for reading, maybe I just had to blow off some steam. Take care.

The frustrating part is knowing that we had a SB caliber team this year and our bozo head coach blew it. And knowing Jerry will keep howdy Doody around regardless. So we get to enjoy another nice season of dominance just waiting for that first or second playoff game where Garrett blows it again, panics, or gets out coached again.

If your two biggest weaknesses are push rush and head coach........Im sorry, but your not winning the SB. Not going to happen.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There is that drawback. There may be enough talent to win in spite of Garrett.

Not without a good pass rush and a top defense. Garrett has to be taken completely out of the equation concerning game management or clock management. He will blow it every time. Unless we can blow teams out like the falcons are doing, Garrett will be in prime position to ruin it for us.

negativecreep

Reaction score
The frustrating part is knowing that we had a SB caliber team this year and our bozo head coach blew it. And knowing Jerry will keep howdy Doody around regardless. So we get to enjoy another nice season of dominance just waiting for that first or second playoff game where Garrett blows it again, panics, or gets out coached again.

If your two biggest weaknesses are push rush and head coach........Im sorry, but your not winning the SB. Not going to happen.
Bingo.