I don't get all the Cowboy bashing

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Lame and pathetic Cowboy-bashing memes are all over the Internet. If you participate in any forums, you've almost certainly seen them. What I don't get is, what are they so threatened by? It's not like this team is a juggernaut that's going to win 4 straight Super Bowls. We've got a shot this year, but that's only if we pull off a massive upset of the 49ers, who are a very good team.

People usually hate on a team that's been way more successful than other ones. In the 70s and 90s that was true, but it's not true today. Are people like, "OMG, they won their first road playoff game in 30 years! Man, my blood boils." What the .... ????

I remember the teams I hated were the ones who kept winning championships -- the 70s Steeler or the 80s 49ers. I was never like, "OMG, those Jets won a playoff game and then got thrown out of the playoffs in the divisional round. I'm so threatened by a team like that -- I sure hate them."

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
It happens to the Yankees in baseball, the Lakers in basketball, and the Cowboys in football. The most popular franchises with, usually, the most championships gets memed on because they have the biggest fan bases and drive in the most clicks. I’ve learned to emotionally disassociate myself from that stuff.

I’m a high school coach and teacher and my players and student LOVE to remind me when the cowboys lose. How I handle it? I agree with them because most times they have slid points. Takes the wind right out of their sails.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The kids of that generation that lived through
Lame and pathetic Cowboy-bashing memes are all over the Internet. If you participate in any forums, you've almost certainly seen them. What I don't get is, what are they so threatened by? It's not like this team is a juggernaut that's going to win 4 straight Super Bowls. We've got a shot this year, but that's only if we pull off a massive upset of the 49ers, who are a very good team.

People usually hate on a team that's been way more successful than other ones. In the 70s and 90s that was true, but it's not true today. Are people like, "OMG, they won their first road playoff game in 30 years! Man, my blood boils." What the .... ????

I remember the teams I hated were the ones who kept winning championships -- the 70s Steeler or the 80s 49ers. I was never like, "OMG, those Jets won a playoff game and then got thrown out of the playoffs in the divisional round. I'm so threatened by a team like that -- I sure hate them."
I guess it just sticks with the kids that grew up in the 90s and are now passing down their meme knowledge. Haha

Pentagruel

Reaction score
It’s about how much coverage the team gets. The Cowboys get more coverage then any other team, more exposure, and thus more fans’ hate who think their team should be more talked about.

ESisback

Reaction score
We’ve ALWAYS been the most polarizing team. It’s intensified because we haven’t won a SB in 27 years, and they resent all the attention we get. Also, people overreact now more than ever, and are MUCH more aggressive and confrontational.

JBS

Reaction score
1. This is a forum right here. We all participate in forums. I haven’t seen any memes bashing the cowboys anywhere

2. The cowboys beating SF is a far cry from a massive upset. It’s the most evenly matched game this weekend. Try again.

3. Dallas will win on Sunday

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
1. This is a forum right here. We all participate in forums. I haven’t seen any memes bashing the cowboys anywhere

2. The cowboys beating SF is a far cry from a massive upset. It’s the most evenly matched game this weekend. Try again.

It's not an even match. Our biggest hole on defense is stopping the run, and they're an excellent running team. We're three and a half point underdogs. Plus, they have two and a half more days to prep for the game. So, yeah, we need a huge upset. It's possible. It will require the best game plan and best execution all season long. It's possible, but if you think this is an even match, you're not paying attention. The 49ers have the best likelihood of winning, but anything can happen.

ESisback

Reaction score

You haven’t seen any Cowboy bashing memes? Are you serious? I don’t even tweet, and I can’t get away from it. I see “comedic”, Cowboy-bashing memes 5-10 times a day, every day, on Facebook. Every sports show on TV does a “Dallas sucks” segment virtually every hour, because it garners click$. That’s reality.

I HOPE we win on Sunday.

Wilson

Reaction score
You haven’t seen any Cowboy bashing memes? Are you serious? I don’t even tweet, and I can’t get away from it. I see “comedic”, Cowboy-bashing memes 5-10 times a day, every day, on Facebook. Every sports show on TV does a “Dallas sucks” segment virtually every hour, because it garners click$. That’s reality.
Yep, Maher has been the laughingstock on Facebook all week.

JBS

Reaction score
It's not an even match. Our biggest hole on defense is stopping the run, and they're an excellent running team. We're three and a half point underdogs. Plus, they have two and a half more days to prep for the game. So, yeah, we need a huge upset. It's possible. It will require the best game plan and best execution all season long. It's possible, but if you think this is an even match, you're not paying attention. The 49ers have the best likelihood of winning, but anything can happen.
3.5 point dogs is a huge upset lololol.

coult44

Reaction score

What’s worse is the Cowboys Bashing from Cowboys fans. I’m so sick of these whiny gutless pansy sissies!!!'

sjmike

Reaction score
I hate the America's Team tag and all that goes along with it. I think that's the main reason we are hated so much. We have the audacity to call ourselves America's Team. I really cringe when I see or hear that name and never use it to refer to the Cowboys

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
As a Tar Heels and Cowboys fan, this is the story of my life. I don't get the hate either, but it is what it is. The ONLY time I talk smack is when MY team plays YOUR team, then it's on. Other than that, I don't really pay that mess any mind. I just hope our team shut a lot of these people up. Especially the media heads. They are the ones that get on my last nerves.

T-RO

Reaction score
No they don't win anymore but they're the most popular. They essentially lead the league in likes. By a lot.

I can relate to what they're going through.
I give you a "like" for gaming the systems. The extra "like" calorie injection will only add to your Baron Harkonnen weight. Do try to walk a block to burn if off.

Of all posters here you are most like:
Jerry Jones.

Maybe Jerry Jones Meta.

Last edited: