I don't get all the Cowboy bashing

IceBowler

Reaction score
I hate the America's Team tag and all that goes along with it. I think that's the main reason we are hated so much. We have the audacity to call ourselves America's Team. I really cringe when I see or hear that name and never use it to refer to the Cowboys
A Dallas reporter coined that an it was hated by both Landry & Tex Schram. They knew it would place a target on the team’s back and, they were right. Both did everything in their power to downplay the moniker but it caught on and the rest is history..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well done. You are following the thread , absolutely zero.
Well you obviously dont know jack about betting lines as the Cowboys are the underdog. Your attempt to move the goal post blows up in your face.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Its because most understand that we are playing the Niners this week in SF and most likely our season is going to end.

I would much rather be playing the Eagles. The Giants really screwed us when they won last week.
Come on screw the 49ers. Media lover boys that’s all they are.

JBS

Reaction score
Well you obviously dont know jack about betting lines as the Cowboys are the underdog. Your attempt to move the goal post blows up in your face.
Hahahahaha. Can’t read? Not surprised

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If the Cowboys play a great game, but just come up a little short to an outstanding team, I can live with that a lot more than if they lose because of boneheaded plays or calls, or especially stupid clock management.
I can too. If the team plays a great game and loses I'll be disappointed but I can live with it. I can't stand when they beat themselves. And that seems to happen to us a lot.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The thing that irks me on this topic is when people in the press, for example of espn, complain about the Cowboys getting too much coverage and I think "well then dont F ing cover them. You are actually on a show that chose to talk about them for the 18th time that week. YOU are complaining about your own choices."

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
They have had two extra days to rest. That will be the difference. It’s not fair but nothing in the nfl is fair

Them

Reaction score
...the Boyz are prime "Sports Media" clickbait!...
IgAdlfN.jpg

Toro9

Reaction score
It's inherent when you've been a fan for the last 25 years to be cynical.

Reaction score
Lame and pathetic Cowboy-bashing memes are all over the Internet. If you participate in any forums, you've almost certainly seen them. What I don't get is, what are they so threatened by? It's not like this team is a juggernaut that's going to win 4 straight Super Bowls. We've got a shot this year, but that's only if we pull off a massive upset of the 49ers, who are a very good team.

People usually hate on a team that's been way more successful than other ones. In the 70s and 90s that was true, but it's not true today. Are people like, "OMG, they won their first road playoff game in 30 years! Man, my blood boils." What the .... ????

I remember the teams I hated were the ones who kept winning championships -- the 70s Steeler or the 80s 49ers. I was never like, "OMG, those Jets won a playoff game and then got thrown out of the playoffs in the divisional round. I'm so threatened by a team like that -- I sure hate them."
Part of it is the annual hype of star players and the team, almost always underserved, followed by an embarrassing display of buffoonery against playoff caliber teams. The team has become something to ridicule and the crazy thing is it's the media that hyped them to begin with, they build them up for ratings and then tear them down. There's also the fact that they been lost in the wilderness for a quarter century... When the Cowboys finally do break through into being real contenders,,, like maybe this Sunday,,, the media will be freaking insane. Other team's fans will want to find a dark cave to hide in for a year.