I don't get the hate on SAS

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The guy is a professional troll, getting, paid to provoke a response. He doesn't offer any insight or analysis, just looks for a cheap way to drum up attention.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
My biggest problem with him is the race baiting that he engages in frequently. In this day and age there is not room for it. I agree with him on a lot of other things though especially when it comes to JJ's ineptitude and how delusional most Cowboys fans are.

His race baiting is by far his most annoying trait to me. He throws it around any chance he has.

Carson

Reaction score
I don’t mind him anymore.

I just get tired of his ... “accident waiting to happen” gimmick.

He just rinses and repeats.

Dallas won’t beat Philly, Washington, Atlanta, New Orleans etc.

We win ... rinse and repeat with new team.

We lose ... I told you! They choke!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I don’t mind him anymore.

I just get tired of his ... “accident waiting to happen” gimmick.

He just rinses and repeats.

Dallas won’t beat Philly, Washington, Atlanta, New Orleans etc.

We win ... rinse and repeat with new team.

We lose ... I told you! They choke!
Him showing up in Dallas, wearing a Cowboy hat and a Drew Brees jersey, and antagonizing fans - then going home a loser made it all worth it though.

I haven't felt that good on a Friday morning in a long time.

Carl23

Reaction score
Race baiting and sexist comments from back when had a morning show I could listen to.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I listened to his radio show for 5 minutes last week. He was rude and demeaning to every caller that came through.

He genuinely thinks he is smarter than everyone else. I have no doubt that his pompous attitude comes from a deeply ingrained inferiority complex, but that doesn’t excuse his crass behavior.

I’ll stop short of saying I hate the guy. But if I saw him on the street, I dislike him enough that I’d talk s to his face.

Falco78

Reaction score
I listened to his radio show for 5 minutes last week. He was rude and demeaning to every caller that came through.

He genuinely thinks he is smarter than everyone else. I have no doubt that his pompous attitude comes from a deeply ingrained inferiority complex, but that doesn’t excuse his crass behavior.

I’ll stop short of saying I hate the guy. But if I saw him on the street, I dislike him enough that I’d talk s to his face.
I'd have to give him an excuse for me not to punch him

Carson

Reaction score
Him showing up in Dallas, wearing a Cowboy hat and a Drew Brees jersey, and antagonizing fans - then going home a loser made it all worth it though.

I haven't felt that good on a Friday morning in a long time.

In his defense ... he ate his crow.

However, he turns around a week later and claims we will choke

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
My biggest problem with him is the race baiting that he engages in frequently. In this day and age there is not room for it. I agree with him on a lot of other things though especially when it comes to JJ's ineptitude and how delusional most Cowboys fans are.

:hammer:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'll give you one thing, you definitely aren't afraid to voice your opinion around here, even when it's likely to be met with jeers. Respect.

I see what you're saying about SAS. It's all just an act IMO. Sure he might not like the Cowboys very much, but all this supposed intense hate is undoubtedly generated for ratings.

7 of 9....... Yeah, she was smoken hot back in the day. Nice pick for the Avitar Pic guag!

DFWJC

Reaction score
He's one of handful of TV guys that force me to change the channel within about 30 seconds.
I don't think he's very knowledgeable and his loud yapping is really annoying...to me anyway.

Obviously many enjoy his show or he wouldn't be on radio or TV so much.
To each his own.

IceBowler

Reaction score
He gets paid to get you mad.
You get mad, he gets paid.
He gets paid and buys another Caddie.

I refuse to assist him in buying another Caddie.

If they never played a down in the NFL - I don't listen to them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SAS is the funniest dude around!
'Satirical'? Yes. 'Witty'? Occasionally. 'Funny'? No.
So what if he pretends to hate the Cowboys.
There is nothing mandating he practice his decades long negative Cowboys diatribe, so why should anyone ignore what he does intentionally?
Just pretend he's a closet Cowboys fan.
Some people do not prefer lying to themselves.
And when the Cowboys win, enjoy it when he eats crow.
Smith will not physically choke eating his own words so it would be a self-defeating by-product of a Cowboys victory.
He's harmless.
He is loud.
Way better than the other Cowboys haters out there.
That is a strange attempt to make Smith look better in the eyes of his detractors. "Smith spews venom at Dallas Mondays Tuesdays and Thursdays. Well, that makes him better than that OTHER guy spewing venom at the Cowboys Sundays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays."

:huh:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SAS is a boring troll. He is someone who thinks talking louder with emphasis on some words means he is correct.
He is the newer type of sports analysis that has ruined sports shows IMO. Basically shock jocks of the the sports world. SAS, Skip and the like are what has ruined most Pre and Post game NFL shows for me or football shows in general. Used to watch every pre game post game show I could and any football related shows during the week but they got rid of the regular type of analysis and have turned it into a silly I can talk louder and say dumber things than you sparring match between two trolls for the most part and sometimes just one individual troll.

Even when I agree with either of those people they just annoy me with their over the top mock outrage and obvious troll is obvious ways. They speak in generalities and rarely in specifics and use the lowest denominators when speaking sports. Instead of educating they would rather troll as it easier to get the simple sports fan to get mad or like them depending on which opinion they have. And they are not interested in doing quality analysis or educated the viewer...they are interested in ratings and clicks. They are interested in becoming part of the story instead of reporting on the story.

Those that say SAS or Skip are different because one person likes this or does not like this...no they are not different. They are the same thing. They are playing their roles.