I don't know about you, but I have not given up

Yobwocs

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,828
Reaction score
6,226
We have the whiniest fans.

I get it.... to feel like we were winning just to let it slip away is frustrating. It reminded me of the 40-40 Green Bay game, or the Aaron Rodgers sideline throw that unseated the 1 seed Cowboys.

And at the first few moments of losing, I felt fatigued and deflated. Like I didn't wanna care for the rest of the year. I saw threads like "onto Houston" and I thought who cares about Houston?

Then I thought..... yes we lost. But if Dak didn't throw that last pass away, if Schoon didn't commit that false start, or if we found a way to defend a 27 yard pass with 7 seconds left in the game...... we might all be celebrating victory, followed by declaring a Super Bowl. That's how fickle Cowboys fans who post on this forum are.

One play is not gonna elevate us to Super Bowl contention, neither will one play take us completely down. The game was a one play decides all game. Does one play really say much about the rest of the season? I think not.

We have a pair of 0-3 teams next. Our own division that's wide open the Eagles with that bizarre game in Chicago. They lead by one game. As does the flukey Giants.

If we were totally dominated, there is an argument to be had. But.... it was a close back and forth game and we stopped the run well. Passing game looks alright. I don't know..... I'm just saying I don't feel all is lost. I feel like we're closer to the Rams than the Jets. Really good team, both at 1-2, probably won't win the Super Bowl but there's a lot of football left. I say play on.
 
We have the whiniest fans.

I get it.... to feel like we were winning just to let it slip away is frustrating. It reminded me of the 40-40 Green Bay game, or the Aaron Rodgers sideline throw that unseated the 1 seed Cowboys.

And at the first few moments of losing, I felt fatigued and deflated. Like I didn't wanna care for the rest of the year. I saw threads like "onto Houston" and I thought who cares about Houston?

Then I thought..... yes we lost. But if Dak didn't throw that last pass away, if Schoon didn't commit that false start, or if we found a way to defend a 27 yard pass with 7 seconds left in the game...... we might all be celebrating victory, followed by declaring a Super Bowl. That's how fickle Cowboys fans who post on this forum are.

One play is not gonna elevate us to Super Bowl contention, neither will one play take us completely down. The game was a one play decides all game. Does one play really say much about the rest of the season? I think not.

We have a pair of 0-3 teams next. Our own division that's wide open the Eagles with that bizarre game in Chicago. They lead by one game. As does the flukey Giants.

If we were totally dominated, there is an argument to be had. But.... it was a close back and forth game and we stopped the run well. Passing game looks alright. I don't know..... I'm just saying I don't feel all is lost. I feel like we're closer to the Rams than the Jets. Really good team, both at 1-2, probably won't win the Super Bowl but there's a lot of football left. I say play on.
Everyone on her still has hope....they're just venting, but come kickoff we'll be glued to the TV.....at least, I will
 
We have the whiniest fans.

I get it.... to feel like we were winning just to let it slip away is frustrating. It reminded me of the 40-40 Green Bay game, or the Aaron Rodgers sideline throw that unseated the 1 seed Cowboys.

And at the first few moments of losing, I felt fatigued and deflated. Like I didn't wanna care for the rest of the year. I saw threads like "onto Houston" and I thought who cares about Houston?

Then I thought..... yes we lost. But if Dak didn't throw that last pass away, if Schoon didn't commit that false start, or if we found a way to defend a 27 yard pass with 7 seconds left in the game...... we might all be celebrating victory, followed by declaring a Super Bowl. That's how fickle Cowboys fans who post on this forum are.

One play is not gonna elevate us to Super Bowl contention, neither will one play take us completely down. The game was a one play decides all game. Does one play really say much about the rest of the season? I think not.

We have a pair of 0-3 teams next. Our own division that's wide open the Eagles with that bizarre game in Chicago. They lead by one game. As does the flukey Giants.

If we were totally dominated, there is an argument to be had. But.... it was a close back and forth game and we stopped the run well. Passing game looks alright. I don't know..... I'm just saying I don't feel all is lost. I feel like we're closer to the Rams than the Jets. Really good team, both at 1-2, probably won't win the Super Bowl but there's a lot of football left. I say play on.
It sounds pretty wild l, but ive seen it all and us winning the next 6 isn't the wildest. Our terrible schedule looks pretty soft. Hopefully its softer than weve played.
 
Fickle implies fans switching from ‘we’re great’ to ‘we suck’ depending on how the team does. I’m not seeing that.

A big chunk of the fan base is in a place where they hate Jerry, hate the lack of success and every time we lose it’s just another ‘I told you so’ moment. Another chunk are ever the optimists and when we win it’s their turn to shout and say ‘see things aren’t as bad as you thought they were’.

Then there’s the group in the middle. It’s neither one nor the other, there’s always nuance and it’s all not really worth getting that upset about it all.

All you’re seeing is one group shouting because the result confirms their pre-established position and the others keeping a bit quiet.
 
We have the whiniest fans.

I get it.... to feel like we were winning just to let it slip away is frustrating. It reminded me of the 40-40 Green Bay game, or the Aaron Rodgers sideline throw that unseated the 1 seed Cowboys.

And at the first few moments of losing, I felt fatigued and deflated. Like I didn't wanna care for the rest of the year. I saw threads like "onto Houston" and I thought who cares about Houston?

Then I thought..... yes we lost. But if Dak didn't throw that last pass away, if Schoon didn't commit that false start, or if we found a way to defend a 27 yard pass with 7 seconds left in the game...... we might all be celebrating victory, followed by declaring a Super Bowl. That's how fickle Cowboys fans who post on this forum are.

One play is not gonna elevate us to Super Bowl contention, neither will one play take us completely down. The game was a one play decides all game. Does one play really say much about the rest of the season? I think not.

We have a pair of 0-3 teams next. Our own division that's wide open the Eagles with that bizarre game in Chicago. They lead by one game. As does the flukey Giants.

If we were totally dominated, there is an argument to be had. But.... it was a close back and forth game and we stopped the run well. Passing game looks alright. I don't know..... I'm just saying I don't feel all is lost. I feel like we're closer to the Rams than the Jets. Really good team, both at 1-2, probably won't win the Super Bowl but there's a lot of football left. I say play on.
We're bad when it counts the most against us.

That tells me things you don't see, or you greatly discount.

Lollipops and Rainbows.

I understand.
 
We have the whiniest fans.

I get it.... to feel like we were winning just to let it slip away is frustrating. It reminded me of the 40-40 Green Bay game, or the Aaron Rodgers sideline throw that unseated the 1 seed Cowboys.

And at the first few moments of losing, I felt fatigued and deflated. Like I didn't wanna care for the rest of the year. I saw threads like "onto Houston" and I thought who cares about Houston?

Then I thought..... yes we lost. But if Dak didn't throw that last pass away, if Schoon didn't commit that false start, or if we found a way to defend a 27 yard pass with 7 seconds left in the game...... we might all be celebrating victory, followed by declaring a Super Bowl. That's how fickle Cowboys fans who post on this forum are.

One play is not gonna elevate us to Super Bowl contention, neither will one play take us completely down. The game was a one play decides all game. Does one play really say much about the rest of the season? I think not.

We have a pair of 0-3 teams next. Our own division that's wide open the Eagles with that bizarre game in Chicago. They lead by one game. As does the flukey Giants.

If we were totally dominated, there is an argument to be had. But.... it was a close back and forth game and we stopped the run well. Passing game looks alright. I don't know..... I'm just saying I don't feel all is lost. I feel like we're closer to the Rams than the Jets. Really good team, both at 1-2, probably won't win the Super Bowl but there's a lot of football left. I say play on.
Yes we do, as you started this thread w/ the specific purpose of whining. Which means you're part of the whining problem!!!!!!!
 
Fickle implies fans switching from ‘we’re great’ to ‘we suck’ depending on how the team does. I’m not seeing that.

A big chunk of the fan base is in a place where they hate Jerry, hate the lack of success and every time we lose it’s just another ‘I told you so’ moment. Another chunk are ever the optimists and when we win it’s their turn to shout and say ‘see things aren’t as bad as you thought they were’.

Then there’s the group in the middle. It’s neither one nor the other, there’s always nuance and it’s all not really worth getting that upset about it all.

All you’re seeing is one group shouting because the result confirms their pre-established position and the others keeping a bit quiet.
Well said.
 
Super Fan says "we have the whiniest fans" and also says "I get it". If you get it, why are you whining?

And actually, one play CAN very well sink your season if that one play leads to a loss that keeps you out of the playoffs when you are trying to get in as a Wildcard. You know, assuming Schotty doesn't motivate us on a tear that gives us a four-game lead in the division.
 
Dallas is pretty much in the driver's seat for the division. That might mean winning it at 9-8, but there's nothing outside of reach right now.

The NFC is bad.
The NFC East is terrible.
 
We have the whiniest fans.

I get it.... to feel like we were winning just to let it slip away is frustrating. It reminded me of the 40-40 Green Bay game, or the Aaron Rodgers sideline throw that unseated the 1 seed Cowboys.

And at the first few moments of losing, I felt fatigued and deflated. Like I didn't wanna care for the rest of the year. I saw threads like "onto Houston" and I thought who cares about Houston?

Then I thought..... yes we lost. But if Dak didn't throw that last pass away, if Schoon didn't commit that false start, or if we found a way to defend a 27 yard pass with 7 seconds left in the game...... we might all be celebrating victory, followed by declaring a Super Bowl. That's how fickle Cowboys fans who post on this forum are.

One play is not gonna elevate us to Super Bowl contention, neither will one play take us completely down. The game was a one play decides all game. Does one play really say much about the rest of the season? I think not.

We have a pair of 0-3 teams next. Our own division that's wide open the Eagles with that bizarre game in Chicago. They lead by one game. As does the flukey Giants.

If we were totally dominated, there is an argument to be had. But.... it was a close back and forth game and we stopped the run well. Passing game looks alright. I don't know..... I'm just saying I don't feel all is lost. I feel like we're closer to the Rams than the Jets. Really good team, both at 1-2, probably won't win the Super Bowl but there's a lot of football left. I say play on.
Of course not just that first 48 hours gut punch is hard but now I'm looking forward to Sunday noon gotta get on track though it's another must win the Washington game was a must win We need a must win We have to have this a 500 team and fix these mistakes on the fly especially the injuries on defense..
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,016
Messages
14,657,218
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top