I don't think we are getting squat for Tony

TXCowboyVol

Reaction score
Why are we just delaying the inevitable? Why wait until June 1 when the entire league knows we are just going to end up releasing?

Sydla

Reaction score
Why are we just delaying the inevitable? Why wait until June 1 when the entire league knows we are just going to end up releasing?

Because if the Cowboys are set on making him a June 1 cut to spread the cap hit out over two years, there's no reason to cut him now. You can't use the cap savings of a guy designated a June 1 cut until after June 1.

The only reason to cut him now is if you wanted the cap savings now to spend.

JBS

Reaction score
I do not believe this. Any contender's QB goes down, who is their immediate best option? Romo, no one else is close. Hang onto him until someone really needs him. It is a business.

Are you waiting for a qb to attend a pool party, slip, and break his elbow?

You going to be waiting a while

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Possibly to try and move him draft day?

I think that's possible. If Denver or Houston is on the clock and there is someone we want, then it's possible we could put together a package including Romo to use to trade picks. I wouldn't rule out any possibilities at least until after the draft.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Tony is gonna or should retire. Leave the game on your own terms.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What, exactly, is the rush? From the Cowboy's perspective, none whatsoever. We've got months to do anything about it and even still, we might keep him on-board for 2017 (I doubt it, but who knows).

For the teams that are interested in him and are waiting him to be released....they are the ones in a rush. They're the ones in crunch-time. They're making contingency plans for if Romo doesn't get released before the draft...or before OTA..or even at all this offseason. The pressure is on them and it will only be ratcheted up more as the weeks go by.

The pressure is also on Mike Fisher, Ian Crap-o-port, Polian, Schefter, Florio to get to the bottom of it. It sucks when you call shots and whiff in front of everyone. So they're going to be working overtime for damage control. Actually, they might actually have to do their job and use measure when reporting as to not get burned again.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Makes little difference to me. Either we do or we don't.

The real draft haul happened last year when we found a franchise QB at the end of the 4th round. The future of the QB spot in Dallas is set for the next decade or so. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, is more valuable than that to a team.

So, whatever happens, happens. I'm just thrilled we've found his replacement for peanuts.