I don't think we are getting squat for Tony

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This is one time I hope Jerry sticks to his guns and calls everybody's bluff. I get Romo's age and etc, but we all know his talent level. I think Houston wants him more than they're acting like they do. Put the pressure on them. I get we won't get a 1st for him but he should be worth SOMETHING. He's a very talented QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Why are we just delaying the inevitable? Why wait until June 1 when the entire league knows we are just going to end up releasing?

I have said this from the get go. I would love to get a trade and still hold out a little hope but when you look at this from the other teams view it is not hard to figure out.
What is a team going to give up for a 37 year old player coming off a couple of back injuries.

rambo2

Reaction score
Why are we just delaying the inevitable? Why wait until June 1 when the entire league knows we are just going to end up releasing?

They are smarter than you think. They will get something if they continue to hold him. They also could keep him. They can redo his contract. The Cowboys hold the cards. They don't have to do anything.

rambo2

Reaction score
I disagree, squat is exactly what we are getting.
Lol, watch what happens. They showed some of their cards when they signed Moore. I doubt that they plan on him being the backup unless they get a trade for Romo.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and Cam Newton just tore his rotator cuff
Newton's expected back for the start of training camp. That would influence any insurance measures Carolina would like to implement between now and then.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Or wait until he plays football in training camp and preseason.. IE - Bridgewater
It is extremely doubtful that Dallas is hanging onto him into and through camp, for various reasons.

Reactions: Coy

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Sir Jerry needs to get on a conference call with L.A., Cleveland, the Jets and Chicago and say, "Listen, losers, on June 1, Denver or Houston will get Romo for free. Now is the time for one of you to step up and claim Romo. I am receptive to a 2nd rounder OR a 3rd with a 4th. OR YOU CAN COMPETE WITH ROMO'S TWO FAVORITE TEAMS AND LOSE IN THE BIDDING.

And YOUR fans will know you passed on Romo by being chintzy with draft picks. Be daring NOW or go into the new season with the mutts you now have. Do I have an offer?"

ANYTHING for Romo is something, Sir Jerry. The touchy-feely Do Right plan will come back to haunt you when other players will want the same treatment and will use it to screw you and the franchise.

YOU HAVE FULFILLED ROMO'S CONTRACT BY MAKING HIM RICHER THAN ANY 2-PLAYOFFS-GAMES-WINNING QB IN NFL HISTORY. YOU DON'T HAVE TO CODDLE HIM FURTHER!

Ahem ... carry on, Do-Righters ....

rambo2

Reaction score
Newton's expected back for the start of training camp. That would influence any insurance measures Carolina would like to implement between now and then.
Yes, but they will not know how well he can throw until he starts throwing. He could flat out suck.

rambo2

Reaction score
Sir Jerry needs to get on a conference call with L.A., Cleveland, the Jets and Chicago and say, "Listen, losers, on June 1, Denver or Houston will get Romo for free. Now is the time for one of you to step up and claim Romo. I am receptive to a 2nd rounder OR a 3rd with a 4th. Or you can compete with Romo's TWO favorite teams and lose in the bidding. And YOUR fans will know you passed on Romo by being chintzy with draft picks. Be daring NOW or go into the new season with the mutts you now have. Do I have an offer?"

ANYTHING for Romo is something, Sir Jerry. The touchy-feely Do Right plan will come back to haunt you when other players will want the same treatment and will use it to screw you and the franchise.

YOU HAVE FULFILLED ROMO'S CONTRACT BY MAKING HIM RICHER THAN ANY 2-PLAYOFFS-GAMES-WINNING QB IN NFL HISTORY. YOU DON'T HAVE TO CODDLE HIM FURTHER!

He isn't going to let him go for nothing when Moore is the only other qb on the team and there aren't any other decent qbs available.

Coy

Reaction score
Sir Jerry needs to get on a conference call with L.A., Cleveland, the Jets and Chicago and say, "Listen, losers, on June 1, Denver or Houston will get Romo for free. Now is the time for one of you to step up and claim Romo. I am receptive to a 2nd rounder OR a 3rd with a 4th. OR YOU CAN COMPETE WITH ROMO'S TWO FAVORITE TEAMS AND LOSE IN THE BIDDING.

And YOUR fans will know you passed on Romo by being chintzy with draft picks. Be daring NOW or go into the new season with the mutts you now have. Do I have an offer?"

Then again, Romo could instead retire and not play for those lousy teams, can't he?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
I have said this from the get go. I would love to get a trade and still hold out a little hope but when you look at this from the other teams view it is not hard to figure out.
What is a team going to give up for a 37 year old player coming off a couple of back injuries.
Seems crazy, but then again, how the heck have the Fitzpatricks, McCowns, Cassels, Sanchez', Hoyers, Weedens, etc. remained in the league? Because there aren't that many great QBs in the league to go around and they rarely, RARELY become available. For less money than a Mike Glennon, a team can get a cheap rental in Romo with zero guaranteed money involved. If his back explodes week 6 in 2017...that sucks...but you can release him and not have anything tied up for 2018 or 2019..

Daillest88

Reaction score
So at the owners meeting coming up Jones is meeting up with the broncos and Texans GM?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but they will not know how well he can throw until he starts throwing. He could flat out suck.
True but I doubt Carolina would pull the trigger early on acquiring Romo. The adverse risk isn't large enough yet in Newton's projected recovery interval. I foresee the Panthers placing themselves in wait-and-see mode concerning Romo as other teams have done. In my opinion, adverse risk will reach a breakeven point sometime around the start of June though.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Then again, Romo could instead retire and not play for those lousy teams, can't he?
With an ego such as Romo's, he wants to play. He won't retire unless his bones break further.
He has delusions of being like Tom Brady, a QB who in one lousy season regularly wins more playoff games than Romo has in 10 years.