I don't understand the Jones family at all

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
I was listening to this week's BIll Simmons podcast and Cousin Sal (Bill's friend) described mingling with the family at the Jets game. Sal is a big Cowboys fan so he takes this stuff as hard as we do. He said that from being in the box they had a lot of confidence in Moore and from the beginning of the game it had already been decided that Cassel would be benched. Basically they knew Cassel was gonna suck, but let him start the game anyway and hang himself. He said after the game it was very somber, like the Jones expected and wanted to win. That part is what puzzles me. If this family wants to win so bad, why are they so destructive to the football culture of the organization? It seems like they really don't get and that's just as bad as just not caring really.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since Garrett is the HC of the Cowboys maybe he had something to say about who the starting QB was and wanted to give Cassel a shot. Word leaked out that Cassell could be benched at anytime we all read that. After the terrible start he pulled the plug and went with Moore.

cml750

Reaction score
Since Garrett is the HC of the Cowboys maybe he had something to say about who the starting QB was. Word leaked out that Cassell could be benched at anytime. After the terrible start he pulled the plug and went with Moore.

Your comment is set up perfectly for a good Garrett bash but since I know how you feel about the guy and it is Christmas, I will bite my tongue. Merry Christmas Big Dog.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Moore gave us a better chance of winning. Cassel led us right down the field on the first drive.

Even after Cassel's Flail Mary and Moore's lob ball things were still about the same. The D still kept us in it after another bad INT from Moore.

Relying on an undersized, underarmed lefty with 4 years in the league and 0 snaps is not exactly playing to win.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I was listening to this week's BIll Simmons podcast and Cousin Sal (Bill's friend) described mingling with the family at the Jets game. Sal is a big Cowboys fan so he takes this stuff as hard as we do. He said that from being in the box they had a lot of confidence in Moore and from the beginning of the game it had already been decided that Cassel would be benched. Basically they knew Cassel was gonna suck, but let him start the game anyway and hang himself. He said after the game it was very somber, like the Jones expected and wanted to win. That part is what puzzles me. If this family wants to win so bad, why are they so destructive to the football culture of the organization? It seems like they really don't get and that's just as bad as just not caring really.

:clap::thumbup::yourock:

cml750

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Moore gave us a better chance of winning. Cassel led us right down the field on the first drive.

Even after Cassel's Flail Mary and Moore's lob ball things were still about the same. The D still kept us in it after another bad INT from Moore.

Relying on an undersized, underarmed lefty with 4 years in the league and 0 snaps is not exactly playing to win.

Our running game led us right down the field on the first drive.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score

Exactly. It's like the Jones actually believe all of the hot air surrounding this org. Even after Weeden and Cassel, they appear to actually believe Moore isn't a bum. Like where do they get this crap from?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your comment is set up perfectly for a good Garrett bash but since I know how you feel about the guy and it is Christmas, I will bite my tongue. Merry Christmas Big Dog.

I'm nuetral on Garrett. Because I understand that he will be here no matter what. Supporting him is damn near impossible. Being critical of him is standard operating procedure around here 24/7 and reading the continuous Garrett bashing is beyond old. So I try to stay out of the fray on that subject.

Merry Christmas to you also cml. Hopefully the jolly fat man in the red suit will bring all Cowboy fans something to cheer about next year.

fifaguy

Reaction score

Moore looked (and played) like a little boy out there. We need a better option to back up Romo next year....

wileedog

Reaction score
That part is what puzzles me. If this family wants to win so bad, why are they so destructive to the football culture of the organization? It seems like they really don't get and that's just as bad as just not caring really.

Because you and Jerry have different definitions of "winning"

You and I want rings. Jerry and Junior just want credibility.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Exactly. It's like the Jones actually believe all of the hot air surrounding this org. Even after Weeden and Cassel, they appear to actually believe Moore isn't a bum. Like where do they get this crap from?

New_Johnnie_Walker_Blue1.jpg

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Jerry Jones and family, instead of being applauded for all the successes in their lives, are going to remembered for the ineptitude and egoism that have essentially made them a laughing stock to the majority of people in their 'primary' business, football (coaches, scouts, front office people etc..), and millions of fans who view them as losers and fools who have kept their beloved franchise in a dark hole for going on 30 years.

Instead they receive only the plaudits of the sycophants, hangers on, drinking buddies, and others who owe their own personal financial future beholden to the family.

It is an absolute shame to have come so far in life only to be viewed in such a manner.

In a way i feel sorry for them.