I don't understand the Jones family at all

yimyammer

Reaction score
  • If this family wants to win so bad, why are they so destructive to the football culture of the organization? It seems like they really don't get and that's just as bad as just not caring really.
They don't believe they're destructive to the process. Barry Switzer revealed the jones families underlying criteria & motivation 20 years ago and it still trumps everything today, they want to win as long as:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I was listening to this week's BIll Simmons podcast and Cousin Sal (Bill's friend) described mingling with the family at the Jets game. Sal is a big Cowboys fan so he takes this stuff as hard as we do. He said that from being in the box they had a lot of confidence in Moore and from the beginning of the game it had already been decided that Cassel would be benched. Basically they knew Cassel was gonna suck, but let him start the game anyway and hang himself. He said after the game it was very somber, like the Jones expected and wanted to win. That part is what puzzles me. If this family wants to win so bad, why are they so destructive to the football culture of the organization? It seems like they really don't get and that's just as bad as just not caring really.

Give it a break already. Whats with the who destructive culture bull? This team was viewed as superbowl contenders with this team. Then Romo got hurt. Jones said he blames himself for not having a good enough backup. This team won ugly games last yr. If youre looking for a team thats going to run a flashy gameplan look for another team. This team plays ugly pound it football. Thats just who they are.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I don't think Jerry realizes how little he knows about football. Or, at least, he's reluctant to admit it (even to himself.)

Another theory is, winning, to Jerry is making money. And he's very successful at that.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Jerry Jones and family, instead of being applauded for all the successes in their lives, are going to remembered for the ineptitude and egoism that have essentially made them a laughing stock to the majority of people in their 'primary' business, football (coaches, scouts, front office people etc..), and millions of fans who view them as losers and fools who have kept their beloved franchise in a dark hole for going on 30 years.

Instead they receive only the plaudits of the sycophants, hangers on, drinking buddies, and others who owe their own personal financial future beholden to the family.

It is an absolute shame to have come so far in life only to be viewed in such a manner.

In a way i feel sorry for them.

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

yimyammer

Reaction score
Another theory is, winning, to Jerry is making money. And he's very successful at that.

then he should be even more motivated to win, I guarantee profits rise in direct relation to the quality of the team

winning trumps all, the other junk like selling panties, art on the walls, etc is only possible because of a brand that was built through years of success. The Cowboys wouldn't be Americas Team if Landry had presided over a 20 year losing streak.

Everything but winning is just noise

birdwells1

Reaction score
They don't believe they're destructive to the process. Barry Switzer revealed the jones families underlying criteria & motivation 20 years ago and it still trumps everything today, they want to win as long as:

Wow, personally when I heard that I new that the dynasty was over. I just didnt know that I would be sitting hear 20 years later still looking for our next sb appearance.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
Give it a break already. Whats with the who destructive culture bull? This team was viewed as superbowl contenders with this team. Then Romo got hurt. Jones said he blames himself for not having a good enough backup. This team won ugly games last yr. If youre looking for a team thats going to run a flashy gameplan look for another team. This team plays ugly pound it football. Thats just who they are.

The Cowboys have been viewed as Superbowl contenders plenty of times. That doesn't mean there isn't a bad football culture in Dallas.

Hardline

Reaction score
New_Johnnie_Walker_Blue1.jpg

I got to try this someday.

visionary

Reaction score
Exactly. It's like the Jones actually believe all of the hot air surrounding this org. Even after Weeden and Cassel, they appear to actually believe Moore isn't a bum. Like where do they get this crap from?

Watch jerry and you are reminded of the old story "the emperor has no clothes". The joneses still don't know the moral of that story and are hence the laughing stock of the NFL.

Hardline

Reaction score
Jerry Jones and family, instead of being applauded for all the successes in their lives, are going to remembered for the ineptitude and egoism that have essentially made them a laughing stock to the majority of people in their 'primary' business, football (coaches, scouts, front office people etc..), and millions of fans who view them as losers and fools who have kept their beloved franchise in a dark hole for going on 30 years.

Instead they receive only the plaudits of the sycophants, hangers on, drinking buddies, and others who owe their own personal financial future beholden to the family.

It is an absolute shame to have come so far in life only to be viewed in such a manner.

In a way i feel sorry for them.

Post of the year.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I thought Moore played well. Yes he looked like he didn't have experience but he made some plays and actually moved our offense. That blitz pickup was beautiful, something Cassel and Weeden couldn't do. Let him have his two games and let's see how he does. I for one thinks he gets a win in next 2 games

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I was listening to this week's BIll Simmons podcast and Cousin Sal (Bill's friend) described mingling with the family at the Jets game. Sal is a big Cowboys fan so he takes this stuff as hard as we do. He said that from being in the box they had a lot of confidence in Moore and from the beginning of the game it had already been decided that Cassel would be benched. Basically they knew Cassel was gonna suck, but let him start the game anyway and hang himself. He said after the game it was very somber, like the Jones expected and wanted to win. That part is what puzzles me. If this family wants to win so bad, why are they so destructive to the football culture of the organization? It seems like they really don't get and that's just as bad as just not caring really.

The Joneses are modern day Beverly Hill-billies. They got their riches thru oil. Now they have all this money but just can't by themselves a brain. Its sad that the Cowboy fans have to deal with their lunacy and can't do a damn thing about it.

visionary

Reaction score

It is absolutely not bull crap

Any cowboy fan with even half a brain knows that the biggest obstacle to winning in Dallas is jerry and the jones family

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

I don't know. Some people are just inept at what they do?

If Moore comes out and plays well, and wins these next two games, what does that say about Garrett as a coach and talent evaluator? I've heard Linehan wanted to play him over Weeden but was effectively overruled. Going 0-7 with Romo out effectively failed the salvaging of this season. What if Moore could have one at least three or four of those games so that Romo could have come back in when he was fully healed to make a playoff run? I'm not surprised that "the team" wants to look at young talent now. It gives the team less opportunity to win and that implicitly gives less opportunity for a chance at this criticism.