I don't understand the Jones family at all

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
It is absolutely not bull crap

Any cowboy fan with even half a brain knows that the biggest obstacle to winning in Dallas is jerry and the jones family

Yea because the if was the Jones family that broke Romo collard bone, and Dez's foot. The only people with actually financial commitment to the Cowboys are putting up obstacles:facepalm:.

lostar2009

Reaction score
If they wanted Moore to win the game they should have gave him all first team reps.

Junglist

Reaction score
Then Romo got hurt. Jones said he blames himself for not having a good enough backup..

That's part of the problem. Jones can (and has) mess up as many times as he wants, and he won't get fired. Does anyone really think he would have lasted as a GM on another team more than 5 years after Switzer left? I don't.

Junglist

Reaction score
Yea because the if was the Jones family that broke Romo collard bone, and Dez's foot. The only people with actually financial commitment to the Cowboys are putting up obstacles:facepalm:.

It's their problem they didn't get a viable backup.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Moore looked (and played) like a little boy out there. We need a better option to back up Romo next year....

Let me preface by saying that I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is the answer at the backup QB position. But, I saw Romo's first EVER action live and I saw nothing that would indicate he was worth a ****. Now, that was a pre-season game and it was literally the first time Bill Parcells had led the Cowboys in any meaningful way. But Romo looked............wait for it............weak armed and completely out of his element.

Romo's regular season debut looked eerily like Moore's performance last week. Again, I am in no way suggesting that Moore is the next Tony Romo but anyone that makes a determination of what Moore is or isn't based on 2+ quarters of football has no clue what they are talking about (with all due respect).

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Moore gave us a better chance of winning. Cassel led us right down the field on the first drive.

Even after Cassel's Flail Mary and Moore's lob ball things were still about the same. The D still kept us in it after another bad INT from Moore.

Relying on an undersized, underarmed lefty with 4 years in the league and 0 snaps is not exactly playing to win.

So you can't see that Moore was doing better than Cassel ever did?

etw926

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been viewed as Superbowl contenders plenty of times. That doesn't mean there isn't a bad football culture in Dallas.

It's more of a horrible fanbase that we have. No wonder other fanbase's don't respect us. :thumbdown:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The Joneses are modern day Beverly Hill-billies. They got their riches thru oil. Now they have all this money but just can't by themselves a brain. Its sad that the Cowboy fans have to deal with their lunacy and can't do a damn thing about it.

Drinking $300 bottles of scotch as a staple of ones diet will certainly give the appearance of lunacy

waving monkey

Reaction score
I was listening to this week's BIll Simmons podcast and Cousin Sal (Bill's friend) described mingling with the family at the Jets game. Sal is a big Cowboys fan so he takes this stuff as hard as we do. He said that from being in the box they had a lot of confidence in Moore and from the beginning of the game it had already been decided that Cassel would be benched. Basically they knew Cassel was gonna suck, but let him start the game anyway and hang himself. He said after the game it was very somber, like the Jones expected and wanted to win. That part is what puzzles me. If this family wants to win so bad, why are they so destructive to the football culture of the organization? It seems like they really don't get and that's just as bad as just not caring really.

Here is where all the disagreement between the two sides on this board hinges . How are they destructive?
Its so weird

visionary

Reaction score

Like I said, at least half a brain is a requirement