I don't want Pac-man coming back

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I don't want him back either. Too much of a risk. We are still feeling the effects from the distractions it caused in Arizona and St loius.

Reaction score
utrunner07;2376927 said:
After watching our two rookie corners today and the fire and passion that our defense played with I don't want pac coming back. Too much drama, too much baggage. With Newman and Spencer back I think this defense will be good enough. Thoughts?

You cant have too much depth at DB.... pacman is more aggressive than both of them combined and will wrap himself around a guys ankle and give up the body to just slow someone down. Jenkins doesn't wrap up and Scandrick is still learning to as well...

Give me back the Pac... we need him!

Deep_South

Reaction score
coogrfan;2377040 said:
For crying out loud...

You can't count on the guy to be available. Isn't that obvious?

Sure. One game at a time is the best we can hope for.

The alternative may be to dig up Pete Hunter and put him out there if another corner is hurt.

I think Pac is a better choice.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
kojak;2377813 said:
I don't want him back either. Too much of a risk. We are still feeling the effects from the distractions it caused in Arizona and St loius.

yeah it's his fault we lost those games.....:rolleyes:

Kilyin

Reaction score
satam55;2376967 said:
I disagree! Going into today's game, Our Secondary had a total of 17 Pass Deflections. Pacman has 11 of em'.

Hi, according to NFL.com, Adam Jones had 6 Passes Defensed for the year.

He did absolutely NOTHING in the return game either.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2377825 said:
yeah it's his fault we lost those games.....:rolleyes:

Those distractions played a key role in both of those games. Anybody who says any diffrent is just fooling themselves.

ddh33

Reaction score
I was hoping the guy would straighten himself out. Actually, I'm still hoping. But I agree with idea that Pacman's issues hurt this team. It was a distraction and it contributed to the two bad losses. I'm not trying to blame everything on him because that wouldn't be fair, but it sure didn't help...and I think it would only hurt all over again if he comes back.

Plumfool

Reaction score
Pacman had nothing to do with those loses. And personally i hope he does come back because Ive been Pacman and it took awhile for me to get my head on straight.

khiladi

Reaction score
coogrfan;2377036 said:
Actually, it just shows that people were throwing at him a lot...

Really... Is that why Chad Johnson didn't catch a single pass the first half of the Cincinnati game? He was the first player on this team to actually force a fumble. The only other forced turnover was tha batted pass, that turned into an INT.

Further, the statistic is passes defended, i.e. how many times a particular player was successful in defending a pass. What this means is that the statistic doesn't tell you what you think it does. A player could have gotten attacked more and not defended as many passes.

khiladi

Reaction score
Kilyin;2377836 said:
Hi, according to NFL.com, Adam Jones had 6 Passes Defensed for the year.

He did absolutely NOTHING in the return game either.

Our special teams has done nothing in the return game overall. Our special teams can't block because our special teams coach sucks eggs. Did we do anything in punt returns with Pac-man out? No....

khiladi

Reaction score
kojak;2377844 said:
Those distractions played a key role in both of those games. Anybody who says any diffrent is just fooling themselves.

No, they didn't. Our team flat-out sucked against the run against the Commanders and Rams. Pac-man doesn't play on the line.

WarC

Reaction score
I love Pac's talent and would welcome him back to the team but the problem with the guy is you gotta keep another starting-quality CB on the team as his screw up replacement. You can't ever consider Pac's position "filled" because the guy is a couple Purple Drank's away from another police report.

Is he an NFL cornerback or the guy unloading boxes at the UPS depot? Hard to tell when he gets into a nightclub/party/bar/hotel/anyplace-serving-alcohol-on-planet-earth.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2377799 said:
I think we need the depth....Crayton is a terrible punt returner also

God awful. I think Fasano could out return Patrick, C.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
khiladi;2378245 said:
Really... Is that why Chad Johnson didn't catch a single pass the first half of the Cincinnati game? He was the first player on this team to actually force a fumble. The only other forced turnover was tha batted pass, that turned into an INT.

Further, the statistic is passes defended, i.e. how many times a particular player was successful in defending a pass. What this means is that the statistic doesn't tell you what you think it does. A player could have gotten attacked more and not defended as many passes.

khiladi;2378248 said:
Our special teams has done nothing in the return game overall. Our special teams can't block because our special teams coach sucks eggs. Did we do anything in punt returns with Pac-man out? No....

khiladi;2378254 said:
No, they didn't. Our team flat-out sucked against the run against the Commanders and Rams. Pac-man doesn't play on the line.

You should write him a song.

You're right. Adam doesn't play on the line.

Currently he doesn't play at all.......... :lmao2:

Now what?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't want Pacman back for the simple reason you can't depend on him. Teams go through enough dealing with uncontrollable situation like injuries losing players through stupidity the Cowboys can live without. If the game of football was important enough to Pacman he would not be dealing with yet another situations.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Funny how poor Pac couldn't make a decent punt return because of his blocking, but Patrick Crayton was able to almost double Pac's longest PR in his very first game as a replacement for him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2379019 said:
Funny how poor Pac couldn't make a decent punt return because of his blocking, but Patrick Crayton was able to almost double Pac's longest PR in his very first game as a replacement for him.

someone wants Denny Green as head coach? :lmao2: :laugh2: :laugh1: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

pray tell

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
the kid 05;2377006 said:
Cuz Jacue Reeves or as hes known now on the texans is Burnt Toast can't catch a cold or swat a high five. Anthony Henry intercepts the ball when healthy. Roy Williams is Roy Williams. He does good some games and bad some

Anthony Henry was healthy all year with the exception of his injury against the Bucs, but there he was not making interceptions and getting burnt worse than Reeves. At least Pacman actually made plays on the ball and isn't stuck in second gear.

tyke1doe;2377190 said:
What scares me is that the Cowboys rely on this guy then he screws up again. Then what? We're back where we are now but in the playoffs.

No. I think we should just ride with the guys we have. We sink or swim with them.

We gave Pacman his chance. Let's move on.

We will not be relying on him. He is an extra body with talent that could make some plays. Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick.... we rely on those guys.

kojak;2377844 said:

I think you are the one that is fooled. We lost to Arizona because our special teams sucked and Larry Fitzgerald is an All-World wide receiver. Coaching didn't do us any favors either.

We lost to the Rams because our offense and defense were both inept. Pacman had nothing to do with that.