I feel like everyone here is trying to shut up realists

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know what you mean by "this board" but there are posters here that are going to take exception with Prescott being "attacked" just as it was with Romo.

And realism is all about perception, not reality.

My opinion is he wasn't ready to play and they let him stay in trying to turn it around, his inaccuracy was apparent to anyone.

Now, whether anyone here thinks McC has the power to pull Prescott, well, that's a another reality.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Don't know what you mean by "this board" but there are posters here that are going to take exception with Prescott being "attacked" just as it was with Romo.

And realism is all about perception, not reality.

My opinion is he wasn't ready to play and they let him stay in trying to turn it around, his inaccuracy was apparent to anyone.

Now, whether anyone here thinks McC has the power to pull Prescott, well, that's a another reality.
I just meant I see people mocking people calling out Dak. Almost like they are dak fans first. He played badly. The entire team did and he deserves the criticism at least this week.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument
on the contrary there are few who do and want him to fail. ala @khiladi , @PAPPYDOG , @USArmyVet, @Aulac .....

I dare you to find one positive post from them....and they gloat when he does bad with the I told you so's.

and Dak played really bad yesterday. he wasn't alone, but I hold him to higher standards than that and he needs to address whatever the issue was with him yesterday.....

ad it wasn't just him that **** the bed. the WRs **** the bed. the RBs **** the bed. the OL **** the bed. the DL **** the bed. Diggs **** the bed. the coaches **** the bed. Moore really **** the bed.

it was bad. plenty of blame to go around where I don't know where to start.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Because people get their identity is wrapped up in the success of the team. Get their fee fees hurt.

I was pissed that the cowboys lost yesterday to a not good team, but we got another game coming up. Time to move on.

The Realist

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

No one played great yesterday except Parsons, Osi and Turner….true or false?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

So called "realists" spent the last 2 months trying to shut up everyone else. You finally got your bad game. Enjoy.

Hoods

Reaction score
Generally the problem with realists is they think they are being objective but give analysis as if they never watch any other NFL games. OK, sure, Dak had a bad game, but the fact you parade it around shows how out of touch you are with the rest of the NFL and other quarterbacks. Brady, Mahomes, Stafford, etc. - they all have bad games too. That's part of the NFL. To freak out when it occasionally happens is silly.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I just meant I see people mocking people calling out Dak. Almost like they are dak fans first. He played badly. The entire team did and he deserves the criticism at least this week.
There it is (in bold ^^^). You've got an agenda like other posters do wanting to only blame Dak while not getting called out.

lol. Weak.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

It's not an argument.. We all watched the game.. so we know he played like **** yesterday. However he was hardly alone.. Conservatively I would say the drops cost him at least 60 yards yesterday and every one of them would have resulted in a first down so those drives would have continued and maybe given the team a shot in the arm.. Dak included. Dak also had nothing to do with the defense getting run over or allowing Tim Patrick (who?) to look like Megatron.. Where people are at odds with you "realists" is when you attempt to hang that entire putrid team performance around Dak's neck or act as if after balling out really for the last 10 or 11 games dating back to last year THIS ONE is the game that shows "the real him." Dak has put up a 100+ passer rating in 7 of the last 11 games he has started and finished .. He has been over 90 in 9 of those.. Sorry but that's great QB play.. So YES he played like absolute horse crap yesterday.. But this is not his norm .. so any attempt to come with a "see I told ya this is who he is" is bound to be met with appropriate derision. But not to worry.. Dak will probably get back to being a 110 passer rating QB next week and all you "realists" will have to crawl back into the woodwork.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
on the contrary there are few who do and want him to fail. ala @khiladi , @PAPPYDOG , @USArmyVet, @Aulac .....

I dare you to find one positive post from them....and they gloat when he does bad with the I told you so's.

and Dak played really bad yesterday. he wasn't alone, but I hold him to higher standards than that and he needs to address whatever the issue was with him yesterday.....

ad it wasn't just him that **** the bed. the WRs **** the bed. the RBs **** the bed. the OL **** the bed. the DL **** the bed. Diggs **** the bed. the coaches **** the bed. Moore really **** the bed.

it was bad. plenty of blame to go around where I don't know where to start.

You forgot this excuse....:muttley:

it-was-the-dukes-billy-ray-valentine.gif

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody here hates Dak.

The argument is that the haters never give him credit, but rip into him when he has a bad game. That's my argument.....he has a great game and they keep their mouth shut of give credit to the OL and Moore....he plays bad....it's all his fault. Open your eyes, if you are truly impartial. I call out ignorance and idiocy when I see it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's not an argument.. We all watched the game.. so we know he played like **** yesterday. However he was hardly alone.. Conservatively I would say the drops cost him at least 60 yards yesterday and every one of them would have resulted in a first down so those drives would have continued and maybe given the team a shot in the arm.. Dak included. Dak also had nothing to do with the defense getting run over or allowing Tim Patrick (who?) to look like Megatron.. Where people are at odds with you "realists" is when you attempt to hang that entire putrid team performance around Dak's neck or act as if after balling out really for the last 10 or 11 games dating back to last year THIS ONE is the game that shows "the real him." Dak has put up a 100+ passer rating in 7 of the last 11 games he has started and finished .. He has been over 90 in 9 of those.. Sorry but that's great QB play.. So YES he played like absolute horse crap yesterday.. But this is not his norm .. so any attempt to come with a "see I told ya this is who he is" is bound to be met with appropriate derision. But not to worry.. Dak will probably get back to being a 110 passer rating QB next week and all you "realists" will have to crawl back into the woodwork.
:hammer::hammer:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's been present for quite some time. Just like Romo.

Hell, we would have had a real party with Aikman and Walsh and this board would have looked like the opening scene of "The Gladiator".

CF, I don't know if other team boards are like this but we seem to take a player, any player but Gallup so far and Parsons, and divide camps over them. Diggs went 2 games without a pick, time to tie him to the stake.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
The argument is that the haters never give him credit, but rip into him when he has a bad game. That's my argument.....he has a great game and they keep their mouth shut of give credit to the OL and Moore....he plays bad....it's all his fault. Open your eyes, if you are truly impartial. I call out ignorance and idiocy when I see it.
He has played well this season but I just don't want to see a repeat of that game again. He is being payed too much to play that poorly.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

So your opinion of him will sway based on how he played in a given week?