I feel sorry for the next defensive Coordinator

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
There is a lot more good than bad on this defense.

IMO, there are four starters who'd ball out even if Rowdy was calling plays (Parsons, DLaw, Osa, Diggs), and a couple starters who've looked good but might be a little more DQ scheme specific (Bland, Wilson). Then there are some decent pieces like Hooker, Fowler, etc sprinkled around the roster. The defense doesn't have 11 studs on it, but it's got a lot more talent than most teams. Especially teams with DC vacancies. Dallas is a very good opening.
Disagree...Good defenses don't give up 38 points in a playoff game. And get dominated for four quarters. Numbers don't lie....

nobody

Reaction score
Say there is a ship's captain with knowledge of the future. He's offered a job to captain the new "unsinkable" ship called the Titanic. He (and you), however, know it's flaws and that it will indeed sink. Why would you feel any level of pity for the guy when he knew going in what was going to happen?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am glad you all are not the GM or anyway involved with the Dallas Cowboys.

We would be far worse off than now.

Stick you what some fans are good at ... constantly whining, but with reasons. Some are understandable, many, but not all.:muttley:

Thorn

Reaction score
I've said it for years, stats schmats!, this is a perennially overrated roster.

And if I am wrong, and this roster is as good as all the pundits say they are, then the coaching staff is forever overrated. Garrett, McCarthy, Quinn...all of them. I'm 100% confident that Cowboys coaches are routinely out-schemed and outcoached in almost every Big Game. I KNOW the coaches hold this team back from succeeding (ineffective Big Game schemes, too many penalties, etc.), but probably the roster does too (a roster with no impactful LBs, inconsistent o-line, DTs too small to stop the run, a FS not able to make plays in the passing game).

So, maybe an overrated roster PLUS ineffective coaching???

:angry:
I agree totally on the talent, DL=below average, LB=awful, Corners, 1 very good if he can come back from knee injury, others below average, Safeties=below average.
I do disagree with you putting penalties on the coaches, that is a self discipline problem with the players.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not sure anyone with a little football sense wouldn’t be better than Jerry as the GM.
I am.
Jerry has been doing this since 1989, and has other people such as Will McClay to help make decisions.

How much experience does anyone on here have? Probably NONE. Other than opinions.
Heck the track record on here, most of the complainers would never have any player on a 2nd contract. Would trade away all the picks to only select a few top players in the draft. Only to trade them away or cut them, after their 1st bad play as a rookie.

Stick around long enough and you will see the pattern. not saying I agree with everything Jerry does or says, as I don't. But I am not going to pretend I know more than he does.

shabazz

Reaction score
Not enough picks available to draft significant help and no money to buy players in their prime.....set up for DC failure

Trendnet

Reaction score
I've said it for years, stats schmats!, this is a perennially overrated roster.

And if I am wrong, and this roster is as good as all the pundits say they are, then the coaching staff is forever overrated. Garrett, McCarthy, Quinn...all of them. I'm 100% confident that Cowboys coaches are routinely out-schemed and outcoached in almost every Big Game. I KNOW the coaches hold this team back from succeeding (ineffective Big Game schemes, too many penalties, etc.), but probably the roster does too (a roster with no impactful LBs, inconsistent o-line, DTs too small to stop the run, a FS not able to make plays in the passing game).

So, maybe an overrated roster PLUS ineffective coaching???

:angry:
One wonders if they are so bad, why don't they go 5 and 12 instead.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Can we put a wrap on the whole "Im gonna fool the league by playing safties at LB"?...lets hope the next DC doesnt think this is a good plan..and I'm just thinking outside the box but maybe just maybe the best LB on your team needs to play LB and not DE because he wants the money.....If I'm Pollard i'm switching to WR next year for the paycheck..screw the fact im not physically right for the position...#11 has been spotlighted at DE, if you think teams will not go student body to #11 all game next year...pull up a chair..

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I am.
Jerry has been doing this since 1989, and has other people such as Will McClay to help make decisions.

How much experience does anyone on here have? Probably NONE. Other than opinions.
Heck the track record on here, most of the complainers would never have any player on a 2nd contract. Would trade away all the picks to only select a few top players in the draft. Only to trade them away or cut them, after their 1st bad play as a rookie.

Stick around long enough and you will see the pattern. not saying I agree with everything Jerry does or says, as I don't. But I am not going to pretend I know more than he does.
No one is saying they know more than Jerry does and i would not hire anyone here as GM for the Cowboys anyway. Comparing Jerry to a real GM in the NFL on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 the genius, he is almost a 1.. that is piss poor in my book. He said himself he would have fired his own arse. He just needs to have the sense to hire someone who knows what they're doing and get out of the dammmm way.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No one is saying they know more than Jerry does and i would not hire anyone here as GM for the Cowboys anyway. Comparing Jerry to a real GM in the NFL on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 the genius, he is almost a 1.. that is piss poor in my book. He said himself he would have fired his own arse. He just needs to have the sense to hire someone who knows what they're doing and get out of the dammmm way.
this 100%

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
It'll be some tired old retread who will just be happy to have a job, anyway. Perfect for Jerry.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Dallas has talent. They lack a few key pieces on D like a great run stopping DT and MLB.

They lack a great O center, a critical position, another OT and a thumper RB.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can't name any defensive players not corners that I'd be thrilled with if I were coming in as DC. You have an aging Tank. I don't count Micah because he's just everywhere all at once. So, I can't count on Micah at MLB.... Our defensive tackles IMO are all bad. Hankins maybe savable. Other linebackers. Bad!! Safeties have a few "young" guys I think "could" be good. Sorta disappointed with our free safety guys. Hooker etc. Wilson if he'd be my enforcer I'd leave him in there at strong. But anybody anti-Dak better hope he can score point's early in the season because I don't see the defense starting quick next season. Going to be offense or bust -early. We need to draft a DT. Trade for a DT. Draft LB-trade for LB. Put Mazi at a McDonalds stall and say " eat all you want-buddy" Get him back up to 340. I think even if you do all of this. Going to take awhile for this to jell into a good defensive unit. So, patients is going to be the rule on defense here. I'm just hoping I can finally get a Baltimore type defense-finally!!!! I hope. But it's going to take a re-build. It's not there now.
If you feel sorry for him, why are you still here.....maybe we should feel sorry for you.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If you feel sorry for him, why are you still here.....maybe we should feel sorry for you.
Ok im just gonna ask...why not Gary Patterson Ranch..they want to play the nickle all the time..get the guy who made it a thing..