I feel sorry for the next defensive Coordinator

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Any DC that comes in has to know that if he does well with the defense and the Joneses he has a good shot to be the next HC even if the team fails.

Say Vrabel were to come in and Dak lays another egg.
All professional football coaches want to sign up for a situation like that.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why? It would be a dream job. A one-year job with no expectations in it. Just get paid and head home like the team does every year. The when fat mike and you get fired, you can use that in your next interview, "well it was a lame duck, I did the best I could"

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think Dallas has talent. They lack a few key pieces on D like a great run stopping DT and MLB.

They lack a great O center, a critical position, another OT and a thumper RB.
#BiadaszHate

TFred is gone man.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
why? It would be a dream job. A one-year job with no expectations in it. Just get paid and head home like the team does every year. The when fat mike and you get fired, you can use that in your next interview, "well it was a lame duck, I did the best I could"
That’s why Zimmer is likely our DC.

He’s a HC.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Can we put a wrap on the whole "Im gonna fool the league by playing safties at LB"?...lets hope the next DC doesnt think this is a good plan..and I'm just thinking outside the box but maybe just maybe the best LB on your team needs to play LB and not DE because he wants the money.....If I'm Pollard i'm switching to WR next year for the paycheck..screw the fact im not physically right for the position...#11 has been spotlighted at DE, if you think teams will not go student body to #11 all game next year...pull up a chair..
We ran Nick/dime packages almost every play.

4-3-4 is dead.

I think the LVE haters got their way. But he was missed.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No one is saying they know more than Jerry does and i would not hire anyone here as GM for the Cowboys anyway. Comparing Jerry to a real GM in the NFL on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 the genius, he is almost a 1.. that is piss poor in my book. He said himself he would have fired his own arse. He just needs to have the sense to hire someone who knows what they're doing and get out of the dammmm way.
Jerry put a lot of faith in Dak.

It didn’t work out.

A lot of us trusted Dak. (I’m done with Dak btw)

#Lance

Carson

Reaction score
So assuming Zimmer sticks to his 4-3 two high alignment we have some good parts still under contract

LDE - Tank Lawrence
NT - Likely Hankins and MazI
DT - Osa Odighizuwa
RDE - Sam Williams

OLB - Micah Parsons
ILB - Damone Clark / LVE if healthy
OLB - DeMarvion Overshown

CB - Trevon Diggs, DaRon Bland
FS - Malik Hooker
SS - Donovan Wilson

NT likely brings Hankins back. Vander Esch may or may not return. MLB and nickel corner will need upgraded

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So assuming Zimmer sticks to his 4-3 two high alignment we have some good parts still under contract

LDE - Tank Lawrence
NT - Likely Hankins and MazI
DT - Osa Odighizuwa
RDE - Sam Williams

OLB - Micah Parsons
ILB - Damone Clark / LVE if healthy
OLB - DeMarvion Overshown

CB - Trevon Diggs, DaRon Bland
FS - Malik Hooker
SS - Donovan Wilson

NT likely brings Hankins back. Vander Esch may or may not return. MLB and nickel corner will need upgraded
Hope Hankins is back. He might chase UFA $$$$.

But they gotta fix our cap. We don’t have any free $$$ atm.

Carson

Reaction score
Hope Hankins is back. He might chase UFA $$$$.

But they gotta fix our cap. We don’t have any free $$$ atm.
He had stated on his channel he enjoys Dallas and wants to return, He was on the market last year and it was pretty slim picking.

They should be able to sign some guys with restructuring.

Id bring back Hankins, Lewis and go sign a guy like Josey Jewell and focus on drafting defense

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mahomes scored 17 in a Divisional Playoff game and WON! No point's at all the 2nd Half. How did you think he won? Even Mahomes said "my defense is so good I had to learn how to play without hurting them". Again. For the millionth time! GET ME A DEFENSE!!!!!!
He didn't hurt them nor give up 14 points with 2 first half INTs.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am glad you all are not the GM or anyway involved with the Dallas Cowboys.

We would be far worse off than now.

Stick you what some fans are good at ... constantly whining, but with reasons. Some are understandable, many, but not all.:muttley:
I'm sure many here could be the GM of this team the last 28 years and also not have any trophies to show off.

Thorn

Reaction score
I am.
Jerry has been doing this since 1989, and has other people such as Will McClay to help make decisions.

How much experience does anyone on here have? Probably NONE. Other than opinions.
Heck the track record on here, most of the complainers would never have any player on a 2nd contract. Would trade away all the picks to only select a few top players in the draft. Only to trade them away or cut them, after their 1st bad play as a rookie.

Stick around long enough and you will see the pattern. not saying I agree with everything Jerry does or says, as I don't. But I am not going to pretend I know more than he does.
I do not think a fan off the street could be a GM, but you cannot overlook the fact that Jerry acting as the GM is the one consistent thing in this long run of mediocrity.
Most of the things posted on this site are from outraged fans and most of the complaints have merit.
This organization needs Jerry to hire a front office to run all football operations in the worst way, but that will never happen.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not think a fan off the street could be a GM, but you cannot overlook the fact that Jerry acting as the GM is the one consistent thing in this long run of mediocrity.
Most of the things posted on this site are from outraged fans and most of the complaints have merit.
This organization needs Jerry to hire a front office to run all football operations in the worst way, but that will never happen.
Then what will the fans do when that GM does not succeed.
Seems to me Parcels was basically a GM when he coached. Or why else did he get to bring in all of his over washed out ex players.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couple of years of that and Will McClay drafts a boatload of good and 1st contract players.
What?
Have you read this place for the past 20 plus years. No players would ever get a 2nd contract for big bucks. Every rookie will be released after his first bad play.
McClay has been setting up the drafts for how man-years now? So what would a different GM do any different.

Thorn

Reaction score
Then what will the fans do when that GM does not succeed.
Seems to me Parcels was basically a GM when he coached. Or why else did he get to bring in all of his over washed out ex players.
You are correct, but didn’t Bill turn this mess around? I don’t think Bill had anything to do with bringing TO here, all Jerry.
I guess the answer is to not do anything and see how the next 30 years go.