I find myself becoming less tolerant of others. How about you?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over the last couple years I've found myself being less tolerant of others– especially when I'm out & about. I have found myself fighting the urge to say things to others that wouldn't be typical for me.

I dunno... Is it old-age? Is it because over the last 15 years I've worked by myself?

I don't like the look. I don't want the urge.

Anyone else experience anything like that?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Seems as if your life experiences learned and maturity are fighting with your sense common curtesy in the ability to deal in a social environment. Could be several things. it's either.

1. Grumpy old man syndrome.

2. Social digression
or

3. You just simply don't have time for stupid people and you need to tell them they are stupid just because you don't want them to stay that way.

which is a redeeming quality in and of its self. so, chin up!

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My tolerance lessens each day, especially when it comes to people who are stupid, lack common sense or are rude. I used to never say anything to others who annoy me, now I spurt off on occasion.

That's EXACTLY the urge I'm fighting.

For example ate cheap tonight... Went to Ponderosa and did the buffet thing.

I'm up there getting food and there's this guy who's 50ish and is about 5' tall and 5' around loading up one plate with every fried food he could get on the plate– Then he grabs another and loads up that plate.

You can probably guess what I was thinking about how the guy was a walking (OK plodding) heart-attack.

But I resisted the urge– this time.

And then I felt badly for thinking it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Over the last couple years I've found myself being less tolerant of others– especially when I'm out & about. I have found myself fighting the urge to say things to others that wouldn't be typical for me.

I dunno... Is it old-age? Is it because over the last 15 years I've worked by myself?

I don't like the look. I don't want the urge.

Anyone else experience anything like that?

Not old age just a lot of stupid people out and about and they are not scared to show off their overall lack of everything.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not old age just a lot of stupid people out and about and they are not scared to show off their overall lack of everything.

There's some of that too.

When I was younger it seemed people that were stupid or lacked common sense were less likely to go out in public and do stupid or indecent things.

But today... Everything goes. From having sex out in public to taking a dump in the middle of the grocery store to dressing like a circus clown. People simply have no shame... Or at least that's how it appears to me.

And it makes me angry and frustrated.

Which I shouldn't be because I know it doesn't get me anywhere. :(

jrumann59

Reaction score
I meet one person a day that I would like nothing better than to curb stomp them and add a little depth to the gene pool. Today i subcontractors tech get permanently black listed from a military base because he felt that since he was a "sovereign citizen" he did not need to show base security his drivers license.

jrumann59

Reaction score
There's some of that too.

When I was younger it seemed people that were stupid or lacked common sense were less likely to go out in public and do stupid or indecent things.

But today... Everything goes. From having sex out in public to taking a dump in the middle of the grocery store to dressing like a circus clown. People simply have no shame... Or at least that's how it appears to me.

And it makes me angry and frustrated.

Which I shouldn't be because I know it doesn't get me anywhere. :(
It doesn't bother me because once I spot that idiot I look for them when I leave the parking lot and I then follow them around making sure they are close in case of a mass shooting or similar situation so I can use them as a human shield.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I'm up there getting food and there's this guy who's 50ish and is about 5' tall and 5' around loading up one plate with every fried food he could get on the plate– Then he grabs another and loads up that plate.

You can probably guess what I was thinking about how the guy was a walking (OK plodding) heart-attack.

:laugh:
Yeah, probably good not good to say anything there. Though him holding up the line would make it tempting, him being short and real fat is another issue altogether.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh:
Yeah, probably good not good to say anything there. Though him holding up the line would make it tempting, him being short and real fat is another issue altogether.

And it's not that I'm perfect... Far from it.

Probably one of the few things that's keeping my mouth shut.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it is more about life experience, which happens as you age of course, rather than age itself. I am a laid back person most of the time. I don't know if it is that I expect less of people now than I did when I was younger or if I have simply given up and now just assume everyone is stupid and/or self-centered until proven otherwise. I know that sounds funny, mean and/or cynical to say, but I am actually being serious about that.

For me personally, it's the lack of respect and consideration people show for one another these days that bothers me the most. I don't care if people are nice to me as my expectations are lower, but it bothers me when I see people being mean to others, especially when there's no reason for it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
And it's not that I'm perfect... Far from it.

Probably one of the few things that's keeping my mouth shut.
Those people pretty much shouting in their cell phones for all to hear in otherwise quieter public places raise my hackles.:mad:

Im generally very mellow though

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think it is more about life experience, which happens as you age of course, rather than age itself. I am a laid back person most of the time. I don't know if it is that I expect less of people now than I did when I was younger or if I have simply given up and now just assume everyone is stupid and/or self-centered until proven otherwise. I know that sounds funny, mean and/or cynical to say, but I am actually being serious about that.

For me personally, it's the lack of respect and consideration people show for one another these days that bothers me the most.
I pretty much treat all of humanity that way better to be pleasantly surprised than deeply disappointed.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I blew a gasket yesterday. I was at the liquor store stocking up on wine and went to get in line. There was two groups in front of me, the only register open. The cashier was slow as molasses, think I have been waiting about 5 minutes.

Well, I noticed another employee heading to another register and head nodded for me to go over there. As I was walking there, two white trash looking people who weren't even in line cut me off and threw their stuff on the counter.

I lost it and quipped "no, I wasn't f****** waiting in line or anything". They just stared at me with that "i am a moron" expression with that huh look. They either had zero common sense or just didn't care.

The cashier told them I was next and they had the nerve to say they had been waiting longer than me. I said go ahead, hope you have enough money on your welfare card for that stuff :omg:

I rarely go that far but I flat out lost it! :facepalm:

Mind you, they had on wife-beaters with flip flops and looked like they were on a 3 day bender. Even the girl was wearing a beater :eek:. They were typical trailor park trash......

jrumann59

Reaction score
I blew a gasket yesterday. I was at the liquor store stocking up on wine and went to get in line. There was two groups in front of me, the only register open. The cashier was slow as molasses, think I have been waiting about 5 minutes.

Well, I noticed another employee heading to another register and head nodded for me to go over there. As I was walking there, two white trash looking people who weren't even in line cut me off and threw their stuff on the counter.

I lost it and quipped "no, I wasn't f****** waiting in line or anything". They just stared at me with that "i am a moron" expression with that huh look. They either had zero common sense or just didn't care.

The cashier told them I was next and they had the nerve to say they had been waiting longer than me. I said go ahead, hope you have enough money on your welfare card for that stuff :omg:

Mind you, they had on wife-beaters with flip flops and looked like they were on a 3 day bender. Even the girl was wearing a beater :eek:. They were typical trailor park trash......

Classic. Good for you, unfortunately in my state I would get jumped or shot if said as much

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Classic. Good for you, unfortunately in my state I would get jumped or shot if said as much

I can size people up pretty well, I knew they were not a threat :cool: Now, if I was back in Texas, I would have probably acted differently.