I find myself becoming less tolerant of others. How about you?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm young-ish. I am more and more annoyed with knee-jerk reactions, as well as reactionary people in this world.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wish I would have found this thread in August... I've had a great time meandering through all the posts (almost as much fun as I find the "I like beer a lot" thread). I find it quite easy to identify with many of the comments.

As a young man, I was reasonably tolerant of most things and the things that truly bothered me, I typically kept to my self. Interestingly enough, my father was quite the opposite. Often, I would find his comments as intolerant or narrow-minded or perhaps, insensitive. They were never rude or, necessarily, disrespectful comments -- just uncomfortably blunt.

Today, I find myself a lot more like my father in that I am increasingly intolerant of rude, stupid, disrespectful or arrogant behavior and more likely to call out bad behavior. The things that truly get under my skin now are the service industries. Whether it is travel agent, a restaurant, or a retail store, there seems to be little appreciation that I am buying their service and that I can take my business elsewhere. It is probably me, but I am often made to feel as though they are doing me a favor by taking my money.

Wow, I feel better. o_O

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Ok, I am just over it after today. I had to get up early today and catch up on some office work. Doorbell rings and my 11 year old Bichon goes into full meltdown mode barking so loud that I am sure it is going to wake the wife who is sick. Of course it is a lady and her two kids handling out pamphlets for their religious organization. I am Christian and appreciate their effort even tho I ain't interested in what they are peddling. I open the door, tell her I am working and I appreciate their efforts but I dont have time to engage. She shoves the pamphlet in my face, tells me to get my bible and read the scriptures. Thank you Mam, have a good day, good luck, Gotta go. Sat back down at my computer and threw the pamphlet in teh trash.

20 minutes later I am in full blown working mode and the damn doorbell rings again. Bichon has another meltdown, wife sticks her head out and asks whats wrong and I tell her to go back to bed. Another round of two guys peddling their religious stuff and I just motion thru the window that I am not interested and to have a good day.

I am done with it. I am going to put a sign on my door that if you are NOT family or friend and did not call me before you come to my front door then dont ring it. If you do ring it, I wont answer it. Time to get a front door camera I guess.

Even tho the subdivision has a sign on the entrance about no Soliciting, they still show up in droves. What do you do?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Ok, I am just over it after today. I had to get up early today and catch up on some office work. Doorbell rings and my 11 year old Bichon goes into full meltdown mode barking so loud that I am sure it is going to wake the wife who is sick. Of course it is a lady and her two kids handling out pamphlets for their religious organization. I am Christian and appreciate their effort even tho I ain't interested in what they are peddling. I open the door, tell her I am working and I appreciate their efforts but I dont have time to engage. She shoves the pamphlet in my face, tells me to get my bible and read the scriptures. Thank you Mam, have a good day, good luck, Gotta go. Sat back down at my computer and threw the pamphlet in teh trash.

20 minutes later I am in full blown working mode and the damn doorbell rings again. Bichon has another meltdown, wife sticks her head out and asks whats wrong and I tell her to go back to bed. Another round of two guys peddling their religious stuff and I just motion thru the window that I am not interested and to have a good day.

I am done with it. I am going to put a sign on my door that if you are NOT family or friend and did not call me before you come to my front door then dont ring it. If you do ring it, I wont answer it. Time to get a front door camera I guess.

Even tho the subdivision has a sign on the entrance about no Soliciting, they still show up in droves. What do you do?

I've learned to never answer the door before noon on a Saturday.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

Couple years ago on a Saturday morning I heara car come up the drive. It takes a certain amount of guts to even pull up in here as we are the last place on a long dirt road through the woods. I'm sure many people were sure they heard banjo music coming from the woods as they approached.

I look out the window and see it is the religious folks, pamphlets in hand. They knock which sets off the two German shepherds.

I wait until they give up and start walking back to their car. I let them get close then open the door to unleash the hounds. The big scary looking but very friendly hounds. I wish I had it on video as they both high stepped the last few feet to the safety of their car.

Another time the dogs and I were outside as two local politicians made their way up the drive. The dogs met them before I got there. One dog, paws up on the drivers side window asking for a kiss and the other dog the same on the passenger side. The women driving opened her window just barely enough to slide her pamphlets out. Lol

I hate solicitors and I love those dogs.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Couple years ago on a Saturday morning I heara car come up the drive. It takes a certain amount of guts to even pull up in here as we are the last place on a long dirt road through the woods. I'm sure many people were sure they heard banjo music coming from the woods as they approached.

I look out the window and see it is the religious folks, pamphlets in hand. They knock which sets off the two German shepherds.

I wait until they give up and start walking back to their car. I let them get close then open the door to unleash the hounds. The big scary looking but very friendly hounds. I wish I had it on video as they both high stepped the last few feet to the safety of their car.

Another time the dogs and I were outside as two local politicians made their way up the drive. The dogs met them before I got there. One dog, paws up on the drivers side window asking for a kiss and the other dog the same on the passenger side. The women driving opened her window just barely enough to slide her pamphlets out. Lol

:laugh:Awesome stories.

FloridaRob

Reaction score

I dont know why I see Ramsey Bolten telling me this story. LOL.