I fully expect Dak and the other 2 top players to receive extensions!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If the Cowboys truly wanted to move on from Dak Prescott as their franchise QB, a move already would of been made. If they communicated that he is no longer in their future plans, Dak would of easily waived his no trade clause. Most may disagree, but the reality is that the Cowboys would have received a big package if they decided to trade him prior to the draft. In my opinion, there is very little chance they allow him to walk and just receive 3rd rd comp for his departure. The only thing that could change their thinking is if Trey Lance explodes in camp and forces their hand, but that remains extremely unlikely.

Cee Dee Lamb extension is just a matter of time. Under the Jones family, they always covet that #1 receiver, Lamb has proven to be just that and they are going to pay him what he is worth, probably market setting, if not top 3 at the position. Last time they decided to go receiver by committee, it was a total disaster.

Parsons just like Lamb plays at a premium position that the Cowboys Front Office has always paid in the past. The only one who walked away was Randy Gregory cause of a contract clause, hindsight, Cowboys really dodged a bullet as he is set to play with his 3rd team next year since his departure. Parsons/Diggs are their two defensive stars and they will keep them together for the forseeable future. Bland will join them down the line.

How do they manage the cap with such high salaries? Pretty much what they have been doing, don't spend fa dollars and replacing the aging players with controllable, low cost players through the draft.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't wait till opening day.
I cannot recall seeing the whole fanbase so absolutely clueless about the direction of this team.
Including myself.
But I love it, for once Jerry isn't dictating every move in advance.

My hunch from what I've gleaned?

If Trey looks good in preseason Dak will be talking to other teams.
IF Trey isn't ready, Dak will start until he fails and with this OL and schedule it won't be long.
Trey will finish looking strong or we finally DRAFT A QB.

Parsons will be disgruntled and traded for serious booty.

CEEDEE Will be signed first.

JBS

Reaction score
What you aren’t taking into consideration is that this front office probably has no plan whatsoever. They’re playing it by ear. They’re lazy. They’re cheap. They’re incompetent. Never underestimate their ineptitude. On top of it all, they’re arrogant and actually believe they know what they’re doing. They will let the season play out and decide what their next best move is based in the results of this season and most importantly postseason , should this team qualify.

Sandyf

Reaction score
If the Cowboys truly wanted to move on from Dak Prescott as their franchise QB, a move already would of been made. If they communicated that he is no longer in their future plans, Dak would of easily waived his no trade clause. Most may disagree, but the reality is that the Cowboys would have received a big package if they decided to trade him prior to the draft. In my opinion, there is very little chance they allow him to walk and just receive 3rd rd comp for his departure. The only thing that could change their thinking is if Trey Lance explodes in camp and forces their hand, but that remains extremely unlikely.

Cee Dee Lamb extension is just a matter of time. Under the Jones family, they always covet that #1 receiver, Lamb has proven to be just that and they are going to pay him what he is worth, probably market setting, if not top 3 at the position. Last time they decided to go receiver by committee, it was a total disaster.

Parsons just like Lamb plays at a premium position that the Cowboys Front Office has always paid in the past. The only one who walked away was Randy Gregory cause of a contract clause, hindsight, Cowboys really dodged a bullet as he is set to play with his 3rd team next year since his departure. Parsons/Diggs are their two defensive stars and they will keep them together for the forseeable future. Bland will join them down the line.

How do they manage the cap with such high salaries? Pretty much what they have been doing, don't spend fa dollars and replacing the aging players with controllable, low cost players through the draft.
Love it, someone with logic and common sense.

Flamma

Reaction score
What you aren’t taking into consideration is that this front office probably has no plan whatsoever. They’re playing it by ear. They’re lazy. They’re cheap. They’re incompetent. Never underestimate their ineptitude. On top of it all, they’re arrogant and actually believe they know what they’re doing. They will let the season play out and decide what their next best move is based in the results of this season and most importantly postseason , should this team qualify.
That's what it looks like they're going to do. But the stupidity. An infection must run strong in their veins. You don't let your star players (Lamb/Parsons) play out their entire rookie contract. That's cap mismanagement. No sense in paying Dak now, if they were going to do that, they should have done it earlier in the offseason.

The squeaky wheel (Lamb) might get paid first if he continues to hold out. Then when Parsons holds out next year, what do you do? Pay both Dak and Parsons? Good luck with that.

Jerry is lucky Lamb is holding out. He's being saved from himself. You can't push all 3 contracts to next year, and properly pay all 3 players.

JBS

Reaction score
That's what it looks like they're going to do. But the stupidity. An infection must run strong in their veins. You don't let your star players (Lamb/Parsons) play out their entire rookie contract. That's cap mismanagement. No sense in paying Dak now, if they were going to do that, they should have done it earlier in the offseason.

The squeaky wheel (Lamb) might get paid first if he continues to hold out. Then when Parsons holds out next year, what do you do? Pay both Dak and Parsons? Good luck with that.

Jerry is lucky Lamb is holding out. He's being saved from himself. You can't push all 3 contracts to next year, and properly pay all 3 players.
Lamb and parsons will not play out their rookie deals. Lamb will get a deal before he hits Fa, so will parsons. Dak is the one in limbo.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

With those players we werent able to win something meaningful. Why give them all big contracts ?

baltcowboy

Reaction score

:hammer: The contracts will get done. I still think the timing is to keep the Cowboys in the news cycle. So expect issues with Parsons contract next offseason.

Flamma

Reaction score
With those players we werent able to win something meaningful. Why give them all big contracts ?
That's a valid argument. But we're all assuming they will cave in to paying them.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I can't wait till opening day.
I cannot recall seeing the whole fanbase so absolutely clueless about the direction of this team.
Including myself.
But I love it, for once Jerry isn't dictating every move in advance.

My hunch from what I've gleaned?

If Trey looks good in preseason Dak will be talking to other teams.
IF Trey isn't ready, Dak will start until he fails and with this OL and schedule it won't be long.
Trey will finish looking strong or we finally DRAFT A QB.

Parsons will be disgruntled and traded for serious booty.

CEEDEE Will be signed first.
Trance will not be ready, but don't underestimate GM Jethro making that decision anyway.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Exactly right… people here have all these scenarios about what Jerry or Stephen are doing or not doing. When in fact, they don’t know what the heck to do at this moment—-extend these players or not? Does it really matter? One would say if they spend all the cap on these guys, they are doomed. But if they don’t, do you really think they are smarter all of a sudden and will spend the money wisely building a powerhouse. They are still the dimwits who for the past three decades have been impersonating a FO.

These two are not going to build a championship team regardless of what they do at this time. As long as the money keeps flowing into their pockets, it’s all good. Sad for us.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

I disagree. If they really wanted to sign him they already would have. They still might but they aren’t 100% convinced. It’ll cripple the franchise for another five years and Jerry isn’t exactly buying green bananas.