I fully expect Dak and the other 2 top players to receive extensions!

Chasing6

Reaction score
The players can collectively say “no“ to an 18 game regular season schedule. The NFLPA will not agree to additional games without gaining concessions from the owners. The players are in it for the money, too.
Lance. Even if he flames out there will still be a starting QB in Dallas in the future. That future would be much brighter with one of the top WR's on the roster.
Obviously every team has to start a QB, but that does not mean they are starting caliber QB.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What you aren’t taking into consideration is that this front office probably has no plan whatsoever. They’re playing it by ear. They’re lazy. They’re cheap. They’re incompetent. Never underestimate their ineptitude. On top of it all, they’re arrogant and actually believe they know what they’re doing. They will let the season play out and decide what their next best move is based in the results of this season and most importantly postseason , should this team qualify.
I disagree, this front office has always prioritized keeping it's own. Their plan hasn't changed, draft/develop and extend their in house players. Very rarely have we seen good players that they develop depart.

JBS

Reaction score
I disagree, this front office has always prioritized keeping it's own. Their plan hasn't changed, draft/develop and extend their in house players. Very rarely have we seen good players that they develop depart.
This is true. And this is how it will play out for lamb and parsons. Not for Dak , imo.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Exactly right… people here have all these scenarios about what Jerry or Stephen are doing or not doing. When in fact, they don’t know what the heck to do at this moment—-extend these players or not? Does it really matter? One would say if they spend all the cap on these guys, they are doomed. But if they don’t, do you really think they are smarter all of a sudden and will spend the money wisely building a powerhouse. They are still the dimwits who for the past three decades have been impersonating a FO.

These two are not going to build a championship team regardless of what they do at this time. As long as the money keeps flowing into their pockets, it’s all good. Sad for us.
Stephen Jones biggest job is managing the cap and earmarking future player extensions. He truly believes in drafting/developing and resigning their own. His strategy has proven not to be successful, but he isn't going to change. They are going to resign all three and hope the players they drafted can develop into good players.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I disagree. If they really wanted to sign him they already would have. They still might but they aren’t 100% convinced. It’ll cripple the franchise for another five years and Jerry isn’t exactly buying green bananas.
Dak's agent is known to seek highest paid at the position, some of his clients left to get that type of contract. The question is, will Dak follow suit or will they be able to meet each other half way?

75boyz

Reaction score
As much as I want to put my faith in all of Mountain's opinions on Dak not being extended, I just can't bring myself to believe until we are officially rid of him.

So yeah, this OP "could be" correct on all 3.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agreed I don't get it either, what are they actually waiting for him to play and have another good year THEN ALLOW him to ask for close to 70 million and be happy with it? They're going to keep him, a lot of folks will be mad
There were some rumbling around draft time that they were having issues with player agents. I know Dak's current agent always pushes for the top money, no matter if his client has to get paid elsewhere. Cowboys are known to cave to demands. I think that probably happens again or Dak decides to take a little less to remain with the team.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
A lot of folks are guessing as to what is going on with these three contracts so I just might as well give it a go. I believe it is unlikely that any serious negotiation are under way as of yet. No real give and take; offers and counteroffers. My reasoning for saying that is Jones and Son and the Cowboy organization in general are talkers; they really love being in the media. Nothing has been leaked of serious content to any of the soft "local sports journalists" as of yet. And on the other sides many agents love to talk to select media types themselves. Sometimes it is assistants in the agent's office that spread the news. Finally, you have the players and their families/friends. Often someone very close to a player will feed someone in the media a juicy bit of contract info.

Now that I have given my "expert" analysis watch all three sign within an hour of me posting this "knowledge."
I disagree, especially with Cee Dee Lamb's contract, he is a current holdout, the WR market was just set, thinking they are working on a deal to get done prior to him reporting to camp. Dak/Parsons aren't as urgent at this time.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Where they gonna find the cap $$$ to pay Dak MORE mega millions?
Remember they already shed Tyron's deal, Martin/DLaw.Cooks probably playing their last seasons with the team. This with a cap that continues to increase, will allow them to be able to keep all their players. Outside of maybe Bland/Tyler down the line, they shouldn't have many other big deals on the horizon.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is true. And this is how it will play out for lamb and parsons. Not for Dak , imo.
They are not going back to the Dave Campo days, especially with Jerry getting older.

JBS

Reaction score
They are not going back to the Dave Campo days, especially with Jerry getting older.
A lot of people are afraid of this if we do let Dak go. Unfortunately, I cannot ease those concerns. They’re 100% valid. But I don’t think the FO thinks it will play out this way. They think too highly of themselves to say the least.

what is the reasoning for not having even discussed an extension w Dak to this point? How do you explain that?

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That was definitely the case prior to the GB game. Beating GB, followed by Detroit and hopefully a show in SF would of set us up to go 2024-2026 All-In behind Dak's extension. That defeat changed all that.

The Jones' have no plan and hope Dak proves one way or another whether he's the answer.....it's wait and see whatever happens in 2024 (and more importantly January 2025).

Cowboyny

Reaction score
A lot of people are afraid of this if we do let Dak go. Unfortunately, I cannot ease those concerns. They’re 100% valid. But I don’t think the FO thinks it will play out this way. They think too highly of themselves to say the least.

what is the reasoning for not having even discussed an extension w Dak to this point? How do you explain that?
Cause his agent wants market setting money, knows the Cowboys always cave and have all the leverage at this juncture. They know, longer they wait, the more money they will get. I bet his agent wants Dak to hit the open market to maximize his contract.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How do we know Jerry and Stephen are holding up Dak's extension? For all we know, they may have already given Dak and Todd a hard top number they will regardless of what happens this season but Dak may want more. I think it's possible Dak is determined to test free agency and there is nothing Jerry can do to stop him. A season-ending injury is the only thing that can tilt the leverage back in Jerry's favor.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Cause his agent wants market setting money, knows the Cowboys always cave and have all the leverage at this juncture. They know, longer they wait, the more money they will get. I bet his agent wants Dak to hit the open market to maximize his contract.
This ^^^^^^^ read post #56

JBS

Reaction score
All of that is true. No doubt about that. So now you open up the door to Dak leaving on his own.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I can't believe fans think there has to be an official offer or discussion for both parties to know each other numbers.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
They're still in the "Dave Campo days" now.

You can just see a trashy backyard instead of a brick wall when you look at the window now.

The same way people talk about that post Aikman QB purgatory. We're still firmly in it right now. The weather is just a tad better.