I fully expect Dak and the other 2 top players to receive extensions!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If the Cowboys truly wanted to move on from Dak Prescott as their franchise QB, a move already would of been made. If they communicated that he is no longer in their future plans, Dak would of easily waived his no trade clause. Most may disagree, but the reality is that the Cowboys would have received a big package if they decided to trade him prior to the draft. In my opinion, there is very little chance they allow him to walk and just receive 3rd rd comp for his departure. The only thing that could change their thinking is if Trey Lance explodes in camp and forces their hand, but that remains extremely unlikely.

Cee Dee Lamb extension is just a matter of time. Under the Jones family, they always covet that #1 receiver, Lamb has proven to be just that and they are going to pay him what he is worth, probably market setting, if not top 3 at the position. Last time they decided to go receiver by committee, it was a total disaster.

Parsons just like Lamb plays at a premium position that the Cowboys Front Office has always paid in the past. The only one who walked away was Randy Gregory cause of a contract clause, hindsight, Cowboys really dodged a bullet as he is set to play with his 3rd team next year since his departure. Parsons/Diggs are their two defensive stars and they will keep them together for the forseeable future. Bland will join them down the line.

How do they manage the cap with such high salaries? Pretty much what they have been doing, don't spend fa dollars and replacing the aging players with controllable, low cost players through the draft.
Agreed I don't get it either, what are they actually waiting for him to play and have another good year THEN ALLOW him to ask for close to 70 million and be happy with it? They're going to keep him, a lot of folks will be mad

Chasing6

Reaction score
I disagree. If they really wanted to sign him they already would have. They still might but they aren’t 100% convinced. It’ll cripple the franchise for another five years and Jerry isn’t exactly buying green bananas.
What real options do they have?

Without Dak, no real point in extending CD.

Dak in 1 season threw to CD half of Trance's career attempts.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If the Cowboys truly wanted to move on from Dak Prescott as their franchise QB, a move already would of been made. If they communicated that he is no longer in their future plans, Dak would of easily waived his no trade clause. Most may disagree, but the reality is that the Cowboys would have received a big package if they decided to trade him prior to the draft. In my opinion, there is very little chance they allow him to walk and just receive 3rd rd comp for his departure. The only thing that could change their thinking is if Trey Lance explodes in camp and forces their hand, but that remains extremely unlikely.

Cee Dee Lamb extension is just a matter of time. Under the Jones family, they always covet that #1 receiver, Lamb has proven to be just that and they are going to pay him what he is worth, probably market setting, if not top 3 at the position. Last time they decided to go receiver by committee, it was a total disaster.

Parsons just like Lamb plays at a premium position that the Cowboys Front Office has always paid in the past. The only one who walked away was Randy Gregory cause of a contract clause, hindsight, Cowboys really dodged a bullet as he is set to play with his 3rd team next year since his departure. Parsons/Diggs are their two defensive stars and they will keep them together for the forseeable future. Bland will join them down the line.

How do they manage the cap with such high salaries? Pretty much what they have been doing, don't spend fa dollars and replacing the aging players with controllable, low cost players through the draft.
Prepare to be disappointed. The Cowboys aren't re-signing Dak and Lamb but if they do, you can say goodbye to Micah.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Prepare to be disappointed. The Cowboys aren't re-signing Dak and Lamb but if they do, you can say goodbye to Micah.
In what scenario can we say goodbye to GM Jethro?

I think we would save money by paying a real GM.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
A lot of folks are guessing as to what is going on with these three contracts so I just might as well give it a go. I believe it is unlikely that any serious negotiation are under way as of yet. No real give and take; offers and counteroffers. My reasoning for saying that is Jones and Son and the Cowboy organization in general are talkers; they really love being in the media. Nothing has been leaked of serious content to any of the soft "local sports journalists" as of yet. And on the other sides many agents love to talk to select media types themselves. Sometimes it is assistants in the agent's office that spread the news. Finally, you have the players and their families/friends. Often someone very close to a player will feed someone in the media a juicy bit of contract info.

Now that I have given my "expert" analysis watch all three sign within an hour of me posting this "knowledge."

Chasing6

Reaction score
The QB who replaces Dak won't need or benefit from having one of the top WR's in the league?

The Cowboys are a better team with CeeDee on it rather than him not being on it.
Paying WR $35M with no QB on the roster for 2025 is unbelievably stupid.

If we had a real GM and a succession plan to replace Dak it would absolutely be beneficial.

We don't have a GM and we don't have a QB plan.

Motorola

Reaction score
My hope is that all opinions do not develop amnesia between now and next off-season, lol.
'DallasEast' : 85-90% of CZers that have already (some vehemently) espoused their opinion \ prediction regarding the Cowboys versus Prescott contact negotiations will turn out ---- will not even respond or mention if they were off base = wrong in how it turned out.
I'll go on record today that an extension will get worked out before the last preseason game.
However- I will respond if that doesn't happen.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Where they gonna find the cap $$$ to pay Dak MORE mega millions?

DuncanIso

Reaction score

If we had a real GM and a succession plan to replace Dak it would absolutely be beneficial.

There is a QB though. 8)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I disagree. If they really wanted to sign him they already would have. They still might but they aren’t 100% convinced. It’ll cripple the franchise for another five years and Jerry isn’t exactly buying green bananas.
Yup.

He’s too expensive.

Can’t win big games. I.e. playoffs

They also traded for his replacement. Lance.

Plus 1 pro bowl since 2018.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
What you aren’t taking into consideration is that this front office probably has no plan whatsoever. They’re playing it by ear. They’re lazy. They’re cheap. They’re incompetent. Never underestimate their ineptitude. On top of it all, they’re arrogant and actually believe they know what they’re doing. They will let the season play out and decide what their next best move is based in the results of this season and most importantly postseason , should this team qualify.
They have a plan.

But some fans might not like it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
'DallasEast' : 85-90% of CZers that have already (some vehemently) espoused their opinion \ prediction regarding the Cowboys versus Prescott contact negotiations will turn out ---- will not even respond or mention if they were off base = wrong in how it turned out.
I'll go on record today that an extension will get worked out before the last preseason game.
However- I will respond if that doesn't happen.
Bold> That is why I phrased my post the way I did. :thumbup::)

Chasing6

Reaction score

So if Agents now we will be going to an 18 season soon, how does that effect their negotiations? If I sing a long term deal on a 17 year season then on year 2 it goes to 18, then I lost some money.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Lance. Even if he flames out there will still be a starting QB in Dallas in the future. That future would be much brighter with one of the top WR's on the roster.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
So if Agents now we will be going to an 18 season soon, how does that effect their negotiations? If I sing a long term deal on a 17 year season then on year 2 it goes to 18, then I lost some money.
The players can collectively say “no“ to an 18 game regular season schedule. The NFLPA will not agree to additional games without gaining concessions from the owners. The players are in it for the money, too.