I get sicker by the minute

IceBowler

Reaction score
And why in the world would you assume Riley would work for Jerry ... or that he’d be successful in the pros?

Nick Saban ring a bell? Fell flat on his face in the League where everyone spends the same amount of money on players and coaching really can have an impact.

Creeper

Reaction score
I never thought the Cowboys would win 6 games this year so being 8-6 is surprising and it makes me feel good about their future. They are still the youngest team in the league. If they lose out and the Eagles win the division, then I will believe the Cowboys just exceeded expectations with that 5 game win streak.

We have to face reality. The Cowboys have some glaring weaknesses. Offensive line has been a problem all year across the board. 51 sacks allowed is a staggering number. That's 3 drives a game stopped by a sack. They also have 30 holding penalties. That 81 drives where they had to overcome a sack or a 10 yard penalty to continue the drive. Both numbers lead the league or are close to it. Dak hasn't thrown many interceptions but that's 8 more drives stopped. You want to know why Dallas doesn't score points? Read this paragraph again.

The Cowboys are also hampered by bad play calling and other coaching foibles. Not every game, but the Cowboys are usually outsmarted when they lose. The Colts outsmarted the Cowboys yesterday.

On defense, the Cowboys have some really good players. But they have gotten away with bargain basement DTs for a long time. Great defenses need to be strong in the middle. They have to be able to take away the run without even trying to take away the run. The Cowboys DTs got pushed around badly yesterday. Watch the game film. It was embarrassing. Collins, Woods and Ross were tossed around like rag dolls by single team blocks. They let linemen out to the second level without so much as slowing them down. Jaylon Smith and LVE are both quick players. They had not chance to get into the hole because the Colts had offensive linemen in their faces. This is the problem the Cowboys must fix and fix quickly. If a team can do that to your front 7, its going to be a long day.

These have been problems the Cowboys have been able to mask for 5 games. Against the Colts, they couldn't. Result? 23-0. The Colts invested in offensive line in the off season. They have the horses to do what they did/ I don;t think the Giants or Bucs do but they are going to try.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
When I stop to realize that the useless five (5) game winning streak may have staved off the move to Lincoln Riley.

A. We would not be in position to win the East if not for that 5 game winning streak, so its not totally meaningless unless you consider a division title meaningless.

B. You are assuming that if we didnt make the playoffs Garrett would have been fired and Lincoln Riley would have been hired. I have seen no evidence of either of those happening. It should be crystal clear to everybody on this board that Garrett's job is not dependent on the wins and losses record of the team, otherwise he would have been fired years ago.

The only way Garrett gets fired is if the team turns into a total train wreck, like 4-12 type of season. Garrett aint getting fired for going 8-8 and missing the playoffs. This should be crystal clear for every poster on this board by now.

nobody

Reaction score
-----The season isn't over yet, so it's unknown whether those 5 wins are useless or not.

Trust me...they are fools gold. Have you not seen this movie before?

I'm well aware of past movies that looked like this. However, there's always that small chance that they'll overcome the coaching and poor play in the playoffs and actually do something. Do I expect it? No. But I'm not going to be an eternal pessimist either.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A. We would not be in position to win the East if not for that 5 game winning streak, so its not totally meaningless unless you consider a division title meaningless.

B. You are assuming that if we didnt make the playoffs Garrett would have been fired and Lincoln Riley would have been hired. I have seen no evidence of either of those happening. It should be crystal clear to everybody on this board that Garrett's job is not dependent on the wins and losses record of the team, otherwise he would have been fired years ago.

The only way Garrett gets fired is if the team turns into a total train wreck, like 4-12 type of season. Garrett aint getting fired for going 8-8 and missing the playoffs. This should be crystal clear for every poster on this board by now.

Nope. 4-12 didn't get Garret fired. Already been there. He's got a tenured position.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I never thought the Cowboys would win 6 games this year so being 8-6 is surprising and it makes me feel good about their future. They are still the youngest team in the league. If they lose out and the Eagles win the division, then I will believe the Cowboys just exceeded expectations with that 5 game win streak.

We have to face reality. The Cowboys have some glaring weaknesses. Offensive line has been a problem all year across the board. 51 sacks allowed is a staggering number. That's 3 drives a game stopped by a sack. They also have 30 holding penalties. That 81 drives where they had to overcome a sack or a 10 yard penalty to continue the drive. Both numbers lead the league or are close to it. Dak hasn't thrown many interceptions but that's 8 more drives stopped. You want to know why Dallas doesn't score points? Read this paragraph again.

The Cowboys are also hampered by bad play calling and other coaching foibles. Not every game, but the Cowboys are usually outsmarted when they lose. The Colts outsmarted the Cowboys yesterday.

On defense, the Cowboys have some really good players. But they have gotten away with bargain basement DTs for a long time. Great defenses need to be strong in the middle. They have to be able to take away the run without even trying to take away the run. The Cowboys DTs got pushed around badly yesterday. Watch the game film. It was embarrassing. Collins, Woods and Ross were tossed around like rag dolls by single team blocks. They let linemen out to the second level without so much as slowing them down. Jaylon Smith and LVE are both quick players. They had not chance to get into the hole because the Colts had offensive linemen in their faces. This is the problem the Cowboys must fix and fix quickly. If a team can do that to your front 7, its going to be a long day.

These have been problems the Cowboys have been able to mask for 5 games. Against the Colts, they couldn't. Result? 23-0. The Colts invested in offensive line in the off season. They have the horses to do what they did/ I don;t think the Giants or Bucs do but they are going to try.
+1 point is hereby awarded for the FEUDIAN approved usage of the word " Foibles " ,,,well,done!:thumbup:
And,please FREIND ,by all means,continue to endeavor in the enlightened efforts of seldom employed COOL word utilization:starspin: :welcome::starspin:

:yourock::bow::yourock:

o_O